USA backing Islamic uprising?

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Is we really that crazy ?

Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising
The American government secretly backed leading figures behind the Egyptian uprising who have been planning “regime change” for the past three years, The Daily Telegraph has learned.

By Tim Ross, Matthew Moore and Steven Swinford 9:23PM GMT 28 Jan 2011
466 Comments
The American Embassy in Cairo helped a young dissident attend a US-sponsored summit for activists in New York, while working to keep his identity secret from Egyptian state police.

On his return to Cairo in December 2008, the activist told US diplomats that an alliance of opposition groups had drawn up a plan to overthrow President Hosni Mubarak and install a democratic government in 2011.
The secret document in full

He has already been arrested by Egyptian security in connection with the demonstrations and his identity is being protected by The Daily Telegraph.
The crisis in Egypt follows the toppling of Tunisian president Zine al-Abedine Ben Ali, who fled the country after widespread protests forced him from office.

Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising - Telegraph

Stay tuned for wiki leaks or what ever.

The American government secretly backed leading figures behind the Egyptian uprising who have been planning “regime change” for the past three years, The Daily Telegraph has learned.

466 Comments
The American Embassy in Cairo helped a young dissident attend a US-sponsored summit for activists in New York, while working to keep his identity secret from Egyptian state police.

On his return to Cairo in December 2008, the activist told US diplomats that an alliance of opposition groups had drawn up a plan to overthrow President Hosni Mubarak and install a democratic government in 2011.

He has already been arrested by Egyptian security in connection with the demonstrations and his identity is being protected by The Daily Telegraph.
The crisis in Egypt follows the toppling of Tunisian president Zine al-Abedine Ben Ali, who fled the country after widespread protests forced him from office.

Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising - Telegraph

nice lying by conflating rebel-leaders with islamic leaders.

you are scum. but that is nothing new.

466 Comments

This is an article I tend to agree with. I read it with interest and cannot disagree with it, in my gut.

Iran Sees Rise of Islamic Hard-Liners

TEHRAN — Hopeful that the protests sweeping Arab lands may create an opening for hard-line Islamic forces, conservatives in Iran are taking deep satisfaction in the events in Tunisia, Egypt and Yemen, where secular leaders have faced large-scale uprisings.

While the government of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad confronted its own popular uprising two years ago — and successfully suppressed it — conservatives in Iran said they saw little similarity between those events and the Arab revolts, and instead likened the recent upheavals to Iran’s own 1979 Islamic revolution.

“In my opinion, the Islamic Republic of Iran should see these events without exception in a positive light,” said Mohammad-Javad Larijani, secretary general of the Iranian High Council for Human Rights and one of the most outspoken figures among Iran’s traditional conservatives.

He made it clear that he hoped that the “anti-Islamic” government of Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali, who was ousted in Tunisia, would be replaced by a “people’s government,” meaning one in which conservative Islamic forces would gain the upper hand, as they did when Iranian people overthrew Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, establishing a quasi-theocracy.

On the other side are the United States and France, he said, who are “doing everything they can to ride the wave and prevent the people from establishing the regime that they desire.”

“I am more optimistic about Egypt,” Mr. Larijani said in comments published Friday on the Web site Khabar Online, which is closely linked to his brother, Ali Larijani, the Parliament speaker.

“There, Muslims are more active in political agitation and, God willing, they will establish the regime that they want,” Mohammad-Javad Larijani said.

Some here have even echoed the pan-Islamic rhetoric of the founder of the Islamic Republic, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/29/world/middleeast/29iran.html?_r=2&hp

Iran Sees Rise of Islamic Hard-Liners

TEHRAN — Hopeful that the protests sweeping Arab lands may create an opening for hard-line Islamic forces, conservatives in Iran are taking deep satisfaction in the events in Tunisia, Egypt and Yemen, where secular leaders have faced large-scale uprisings.

While the government of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad confronted its own popular uprising two years ago — and successfully suppressed it — conservatives in Iran said they saw little similarity between those events and the Arab revolts, and instead likened the recent upheavals to Iran’s own 1979 Islamic revolution.

“In my opinion, the Islamic Republic of Iran should see these events without exception in a positive light,” said Mohammad-Javad Larijani, secretary general of the Iranian High Council for Human Rights and one of the most outspoken figures among Iran’s traditional conservatives.

He made it clear that he hoped that the “anti-Islamic” government of Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali, who was ousted in Tunisia, would be replaced by a “people’s government,” meaning one in which conservative Islamic forces would gain the upper hand, as they did when Iranian people overthrew Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, establishing a quasi-theocracy.

On the other side are the United States and France, he said, who are “doing everything they can to ride the wave and prevent the people from establishing the regime that they desire.”

“I am more optimistic about Egypt,” Mr. Larijani said in comments published Friday on the Web site Khabar Online, which is closely linked to his brother, Ali Larijani, the Parliament speaker.

“There, Muslims are more active in political agitation and, God willing, they will establish the regime that they want,” Mohammad-Javad Larijani said.

Some here have even echoed the pan-Islamic rhetoric of the founder of the Islamic Republic, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/29/world/middleeast/29iran.html?_r=2&hp

and how is this supporting your thread title?

but it is nice to see that you will use the iranian hardline mullah's propaganda to support your failed little propaganda attempt.

466 Comments

This is an article I tend to agree with. I read it with interest and cannot disagree with it, in my gut.

Doesnt matter who we think we are dealing with the west no longer understands what was common knowledge 100 years ago. Our government believes the Islam has been hijacked myth.

These things being so, the recrudescence of Islam, the possibility
of that terror under which we lived for centuries reappearing, and of our
civilization again fighting for its life against what was its chief enemy
for a thousand years, seems fantastic. Who in the Mohammedan world today
can manufacture and maintain the complicated instruments of modern war?
Where is the political machinery whereby the religion of Islam can play an
equal part in the modern world?

I say the suggestion that Islam may re-arise sounds fantastic_but
this is only because men are always powerfully affected by the immediate
past:_one might say that they are blinded by it.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/HOMELIBR/HERESY4.TXT
The Great Heresies

By Hilaire Belloc

The Great Heresies, by Hilaire Belloc

Why would the US back this uprising? We have supported Mubarak for many years and consider Egypt and ally. When the people rise up to overthrow a government, nobody knows for sure just what the new government will look like or who they will align themselves with. Clearly there is quite a bit of resentment in Egypt directed toward American because of it's support for Mubarak.

Considering that Egypt boarders Israel and the US close ties to Israel, I doubt the US would want to rock the boat. We already have two wars going that we desperately want out of.

I'm betting that the powers that be in the US are preparing to deal with whoever turns out to be the victor. We're probably supporting more than one dog in this fight anyway. Does anyone think we have a single minded approach to foreign affairs ?

I'm betting that the powers that be in the US are preparing to deal with whoever turns out to be the victor. We're probably supporting more than one dog in this fight anyway. Does anyone think we have a single minded approach to foreign affairs ?

Nice to see someone still has faith in the Government. :lol:

Nice to see someone still has faith in the Government. :lol:

I have faith in all of ours. I just can never tell which one is calling the shots.

How can you possibly begin to justify supporting a corrupt and sclerotic regime like that of Hosni Mubarak? Are you not familiar with the brutality of the Egyptian government against its people for decades, with its recurring fraud and faux-elections, a 30-year suspension in civil liberties that continues up to today, widespread human rights buses, summary extra-legal executions, and denial to the right of freedom of speech and assembly? Because that's quite an extreme opinion, from such freedom-loving Americans.

Why would the US back this uprising? We have supported Mubarak for many years and consider Egypt and ally. When the people rise up to overthrow a government, nobody knows for sure just what the new government will look like or who they will align themselves with. Clearly there is quite a bit of resentment in Egypt directed toward American because of it's support for Mubarak.

Considering that Egypt boarders Israel and the US close ties to Israel, I doubt the US would want to rock the boat. We already have two wars going that we desperately want out of.
Probably because Mubarak stopped playing ball with the United States in some fashion. Isn't that why the U.S. reneged on the friendship between Saddam Hussain and with Noriega?

As that indolent puke Henry Kissinger stated: "America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests."

ObamaPrays_Crusade.jpg

Vox Populi in Egypt—Caliphate Dreams and Strict Sharia

January 28th, 2011 by Andrew Bostom

A sobering reminder—based upon hard data—from an essay of mine published in April, 2007:American Thinker: The Muslim Mainstream and the New Caliphate

In a rigorously conducted face-to-face University of Maryland/ WorldPublicOpinion.org interview survey of 1000 Egyptian Muslims conducted between December 9, 2006 and February 15, 2007, 67% of those interviewed-more than 2/3, hardly a “fringe minority”-desired this outcome (i.e., “To unify all Islamic countries into a single Islamic state or Caliphate”).

The internal validity of these data about the present longing for a Caliphate is strongly suggested by a concordant result: 74% of this Muslim sample approved the proposition “To require a strict [emphasis added] application of Shari’a law in every Islamic country.”

Forum List

Back