US women's soccer player: My anthem protests are 'F you' to Trump administration

And had choreographed celebrations for every goal. Put a bad taste in my mouth, they were favored going into the game by 7.5 goals. Sad display of sportsmanship.

I disagree. Firstly, Goal Differential is the #1 tie breaker and secondly, if you can’t compete, don’t show up.

I didn't say anything about them scoring 13 goals, I think the celebrations were over the top. You really got excited when the team scored their 7th, 8th 9th and 10th goals? Were you thinking gee this is such a close game! Good thing the women scored!!!!

Score as many goals as you want, just quit acting like an asshole when you score and show some class.

Fucking bitch.

U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe says she’s a “walking protest” when it comes to the Trump administration, saying her decision to kneel during the national anthem is an "F you" to the White House.

"I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it," Rapinoe told Yahoo Sports. "Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not.”

US women's soccer player: My anthem protests are 'F you' to Trump administration

Fuck Trump.

NO! Her anthem protests are an "F you" to every American for voted for Trump, to every person in US military, to every military person who has lost limbs in wars, and to every US military person who has sacrificed his/her life for this country.

This lamebrain soccer lessie needs to find another way to protest, and leave the flag and national anthem out of it.
You know what? You can shove your fake military crap up your ass. You voted for Trump who trashed the service of veterans while being a draft dodger who faked a medical report.

Fucking bitch.

U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe says she’s a “walking protest” when it comes to the Trump administration, saying her decision to kneel during the national anthem is an "F you" to the White House.

"I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it," Rapinoe told Yahoo Sports. "Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not.”

She forgets to mention that she's protesting Trump because she's a lesbo.
You support Trump because you are a bigot?

You mean they actually have a team of adult women who play soccer?

Ignorant Question: "You mean they actually have a team of adult women who play soccer?"

A. Who are paid professionals, and more successful on the world stage than their male counterparts who paid more.

My take on her silent protest is this, she supports equal pay for equal work.

Are the revenue streams for Men's and Women's Soccer equal?

Nope. Equal pay for equal work is the point I made. A simple solution but one which will never occur would be to combine the total revenue from the Men's and Women's revenue, and then pay the individual teams the same percentage by their finish.

I'm curious if anyone calling the US Women's team classless has any idea how long and hard they trained. How much stress and how many sleepless nights occur for probably everyone involved. How much sacrifice they endure, not only for the players and coaches, but for the family members as well. This is their games biggest stage. When the moment arrives and your team is playing this well is hard to not let the emotions flow.

You mean they actually have a team of adult women who play soccer?

Ignorant Question: "You mean they actually have a team of adult women who play soccer?"

A. Who are paid professionals, and more successful on the world stage than their male counterparts who paid more.

My take on her silent protest is this, she supports equal pay for equal work.

Are the revenue streams for Men's and Women's Soccer equal?

Nope. Equal pay for equal work is the point I made. A simple solution but one which will never occur would be to combine the total revenue from the Men's and Women's revenue, and then pay the individual teams the same percentage by their finish.

So the Women need to be subsidized?

So much for equality.....

So many times progressives rant for equality, what they really want is favoritism.

How about you go by the other progressive playbook and force people to attend and pay for Women's matches?

I'm curious if anyone calling the US Women's team classless has any idea how long and hard they trained. How much stress and how many sleepless nights occur for probably everyone involved. How much sacrifice they endure, not only for the players and coaches, but for the family members as well. This is their games biggest stage. When the moment arrives and your team is playing this well is hard to not let the emotions flow.

Nothing more than hand-wringing by the usual hand-wringers.

The spread on the damn game was 7.5 goals..... In soccer.....

Thailand will probably also get their asses kicked by Sweden.

Fucking bitch.

I agree with her 100%. I refuse to stand for the national anthem and will kneel to the flag. I will not have them used as political symbols for Trump.
These women are the poster children for the "Ugly American". they have lucjed into a void in sports foistered on us by the powers that be in a field that sucks. There are only up to a several half decent women's soccer teams and these primadonnas think their chitt does not stink. To see what the are, they embarrassed a team from Thailand yesterday. To many of their players are high maintenance. I will never support them again. Well as a fan. My taxes, products I buy, cable bills and other costs do however. Meagan, you just ain't that good. The dissolving of the women's soccer tournaments can not happen fast enough.

Statement: "These women are the poster children for the "Ugly American""

Response: YOU are an example of an ugly American.

And had choreographed celebrations for every goal. Put a bad taste in my mouth, they were favored going into the game by 7.5 goals. Sad display of sportsmanship.

I disagree. Firstly, Goal Differential is the #1 tie breaker and secondly, if you can’t compete, don’t show up.

I didn't say anything about them scoring 13 goals, I think the celebrations were over the top. You really got excited when the team scored their 7th, 8th 9th and 10th goals? Were you thinking gee this is such a close game! Good thing the women scored!!!!

Score as many goals as you want, just quit acting like an asshole when you score and show some class.

Good advice to be a good winner; maybe you should pass that out to Trump and all those who cheered his victory, and call those who remind them he lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes are "butt hurt".

Fucking bitch.

Her right.

Fucking bitch.

Just deport the scum already. Why keep pandering to them?
It’s easy to inform low information voters that she is using her constitutional rights you want her to be punished for using.
She must be doing something right......all those CRCs prostrate on their fainting couches, hyperventilating.

NO! Her anthem protests are an "F you" to every American for voted for Trump, to every person in US military, to every military person who has lost limbs in wars, and to every US military person who has sacrificed his/her life for this country.

This lamebrain soccer lessie needs to find another way to protest, and leave the flag and national anthem out of it.

How do you equate that to every military person and every veteran? Every military person and veteran doesn't support Trump.
Agreed....and our veterans are NOT low-info voters like many of donnie's deplorables are. They KNOW that Americans have the right to stand or kneel for the Anthem. They KNOW they've fought for the right to make a free choice. Military members and veterans are not pearl clutching snowflakes.

After reading some of the articles posted here, Rapinoe sounds very uninformed and just angry and bitter. President Trump didn't create whatever personal issues she is having. It seems counterproductive to openly hate the country that gave you this opportunity. That being said, she stood (she was required to). Who really cares if she didn't sing. I sure don't.

She hates Trump, not her country.

It's hard for me to tell that when she shIts on the anthem which was written long before Trump was born and something that is supposed to unite Americans, even if for a brief moment. I stood for the anthem during the Obama years. It didn't mean I liked Obama. It meant I am an American. Seems to me she hates her country.
See? When one equates kneeling with shitting.....we know we are dealing with a donnie deplorable level of intellect. Perfect for donnie.

She looks like a guy I played Lacrosse with in college. Is she straight?

megan-rapinoe-X159570_TK1_0099.jpg

Does she play for Hillary's team?

Final+Training+Sessions+FIFA+Women+World+Cup+NST_XVpRpdFx.jpg

At least 4 starters are raging homo. Two are being married to each other soon?
And? Are you keeping score?

After reading some of the articles posted here, Rapinoe sounds very uninformed and just angry and bitter. President Trump didn't create whatever personal issues she is having. It seems counterproductive to openly hate the country that gave you this opportunity. That being said, she stood (she was required to). Who really cares if she didn't sing. I sure don't.

It's hard for me to tell that when she shIts on the anthem which was written long before Trump was born and something that is supposed to unite Americans, even if for a brief moment. I stood for the anthem during the Obama years. It didn't mean I liked Obama. It meant I am an American. Seems to me she hates her country.

You're echoing Trump. That's not a smart thing to do.
A given.....a desired given.

See? When one equates kneeling with shitting.....we know we are dealing with a donnie deplorable level of intellect. Perfect for donnie.

Even after 2 and a half years you're still butt-hurt over the loss. Sucks to be you. LOL

Even after 2 and a half years you're still butt-hurt over the loss. Sucks to be you. LOL

Typical waiting time under Obunglescare to see a shrink for TDS lol

Good advice to be a good winner; maybe you should pass that out to Trump and all those who cheered his victory, and call those who remind them he lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes are "butt hurt".

I don't disagree with your comment on Trump, that was one reason I didn't vote for him. Sometimes the best thing to do is shut up. I have as much access to Trump as you do, so maybe you can go tell him.

Maybe we could pass out the information to those that rioted and protested after Trump was elected.

As far as the "butt hurt" that has gone on since November 2016? I will continue to call out all the petty BS that is on this board day after day for the last two plus years butt hurt because it is just going on way too long and after awhile the pettiness needs to subside.

:71: Even after 2 and a half years, donnie's deplorables keep bringing up H. Clinton. Have we ever had the "winners" of a Presidential election do that before? What terrifies donnie and his deplorables so much?

Forum List

Back