US women's soccer player: My anthem protests are 'F you' to Trump administration

She looks like a guy I played Lacrosse with in college. Is she straight?

megan-rapinoe-X159570_TK1_0099.jpg

Does she play for Hillary's team?

Final+Training+Sessions+FIFA+Women+World+Cup+NST_XVpRpdFx.jpg

At least 4 starters are raging homo. Two are being married to each other soon?

What does the national anthem have to do with the President?

How many conservatives knelt during the anthem to protest Obama?

Q. What does the national anthem have to do with the President?
A. Much, Trump made a mountain out of a mole hill by (you guessed it) lying. The protest as everyone knows was not about giving the finger to America, it was about the recent killings of black men by police officers in a non violent protest.

Q. "How many conservatives knelt during the anthem to protest Obama?"
A. None - the 21st Century iteration of conservatives is a radical bunch of extremists which reject civil rights for all Americans. Thus no real conservative exists, they have all been tossed under the bus by the neo fascist movement.

We smoked that loser country Thailand 13-0!

MAGA!

And had choreographed celebrations for every goal. Put a bad taste in my mouth, they were favored going into the game by 7.5 goals. Sad display of sportsmanship.

I will never get people like this woman. Until a real dose of fate steps in and no I am not wishing that one actually does enter the picture, anything that this woman does isn't going to change the fact that Donald Trump continues to be our nation's leader.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Trump is NOT a leader.

After reading some of the articles posted here, Rapinoe sounds very uninformed and just angry and bitter. President Trump didn't create whatever personal issues she is having. It seems counterproductive to openly hate the country that gave you this opportunity. That being said, she stood (she was required to). Who really cares if she didn't sing. I sure don't.

She hates Trump, not her country.

It's hard for me to tell that when she shIts on the anthem which was written long before Trump was born and something that is supposed to unite Americans, even if for a brief moment. I stood for the anthem during the Obama years. It didn't mean I liked Obama. It meant I am an American. Seems to me she hates her country.

You're echoing Trump. That's not a smart thing to do.

You mean they actually have a team of adult women who play soccer?

Ignorant Question: "You mean they actually have a team of adult women who play soccer?"

A. Who are paid professionals, and more successful on the world stage than their male counterparts who paid more.

My take on her silent protest is this, she supports equal pay for equal work.

Ignorant Question: "You mean they actually have a team of adult women who play soccer?"

A. Who are paid professionals, and more successful on the world stage than their male counterparts who paid more.

Are the revenue streams for Men's and Women's Soccer equal?

Not even close.

"This years figures have not been released, but four years ago the Women's World Cup brought in almost $73 million. The 2010 Men's World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion. Those players got $348 million, or 9 percent of the total revenue. The women's team got a higher percentage with 13 percent, but the bottom line was still much less, $10 million."

Equal pay for women's World Cup players? Seriously? | NBC Sports Northwest

In the world of entertainment there is no such thing as "equal pay for equal work". All that matters us how many people are willing to pay to see you perform.

Fucking bitch.

U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe says she’s a “walking protest” when it comes to the Trump administration, saying her decision to kneel during the national anthem is an "F you" to the White House.

"I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it," Rapinoe told Yahoo Sports. "Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not.”

US women's soccer player: My anthem protests are 'F you' to Trump administration

I agree with her 100%. I refuse to stand for the national anthem and will kneel to the flag. I will not have them used as political symbols for Trump.

NO! Her anthem protests are an "F you" to every American for voted for Trump, to every person in US military, to every military person who has lost limbs in wars, and to every US military person who has sacrificed his/her life for this country.

This lamebrain soccer lessie needs to find another way to protest, and leave the flag and national anthem out of it.

Every American who voted for Trump deserves a "F you". The fact is that Trump brought politics into the flag and national anthem. You ar4e the lamebrain and I agree with her 100%.

Fucking bitch.

U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe says she’s a “walking protest” when it comes to the Trump administration, saying her decision to kneel during the national anthem is an "F you" to the White House.

"I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it," Rapinoe told Yahoo Sports. "Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not.”

I agree with her 100%. I refuse to stand for the national anthem and will kneel to the flag. I will not have them used as political symbols for Trump.

^^ The epitome of Trump Derangement Syndrome ^^ Seek help.

What does the national anthem have to do with the President?

How many conservatives knelt during the anthem to protest Obama?

Trump used the flag and national anthem as political pawns.

"Trump: NFL players who don't stand during National Anthem maybe 'shouldn't be in the country'"

Fucking bitch.

Most likely, she doesn't keep up with the news. Unless she knows that it isn't Pres. Trump that is making the decision. It was his military officials (Who are Obama's leftovers) and Pompeo told him that it will not be good for transsexuals to be in the military, and the rest of the manufactured climate of hate that is spreading around. His own administration which are some of Obama's leftovers. That they are trying to get the public to hate him. They made Pres.Trump to only choose his members of his staff from a certain list that the Dems has created for him.

US soccer star Megan Rapinoe stays true to her word: Doesn't sing national anthem before Thailand match

Rapinoe Makes History in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue

Mike Leslie on Twitter

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/01/04/the-clash-between-trump-and-his-generals/

th
th
th

That is not true. The decision was made by Trump trying to please his right wing religious fanatics not the military. The military referred all questions to the White House. They also wanted a 6 month delay in the deadline and were ignored.

Fucking bitch.

These women are the poster children for the "Ugly American". they have lucjed into a void in sports foistered on us by the powers that be in a field that sucks. There are only up to a several half decent women's soccer teams and these primadonnas think their chitt does not stink. To see what the are, they embarrassed a team from Thailand yesterday. To many of their players are high maintenance. I will never support them again. Well as a fan. My taxes, products I buy, cable bills and other costs do however. Meagan, you just ain't that good. The dissolving of the women's soccer tournaments can not happen fast enough.

Fucking bitch.

^^ The epitome of Trump Derangement Syndrome ^^ Seek help.

You need help. TDS has given you severe memory loss. You seem to be forgetting facts.

And had choreographed celebrations for every goal. Put a bad taste in my mouth, they were favored going into the game by 7.5 goals. Sad display of sportsmanship.

I disagree. Firstly, Goal Differential is the #1 tie breaker and secondly, if you can’t compete, don’t show up.

Not even close.

"This years figures have not been released, but four years ago the Women's World Cup brought in almost $73 million. The 2010 Men's World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion. Those players got $348 million, or 9 percent of the total revenue. The women's team got a higher percentage with 13 percent, but the bottom line was still much less, $10 million."

Equal pay for women's World Cup players? Seriously? | NBC Sports Northwest

In the world of entertainment there is no such thing as "equal pay for equal work". All that matters us how many people are willing to pay to see you perform.

The only sport where I think the revenues are close it Tennis.

And the women in that sport only play 3 sets.

Forum List

Back