US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt

Everyone has done some really dumb things in their lifetime, I'm glad I'm not young again in this age of social media and such. Thankfully I didn't do something this stupid.

As for the 30 onlookers who allowed it to happen. What in the ____?!
Agreed. Not exactly a roomful of weapons experts, much less rocket scientists, there. It's possible many thought he was using a "trick" round, one like magicians use.

Years ago, I remember reading about an actor dying from a gun loaded with "blanks".

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
That was Bruce Lee's son, Brandon. He died during an accident shooting a movie.

Bruce Lee's Son, Brandon, Killed in Movie Accident

This is definitely a Darwin Award moment.
921fe62d932e8bc20b4162d703ba1a6b--lipstick-gun-safes.jpg

This is definitely a Darwin Award moment.
View attachment 136164
Nice round, but still a bit pricey. I can buy a 1000 rounds of .45ACP in bulk for a fairly economical price whereas .50 GI (and .50 AE) is still over a buck a round.

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Guncrafter 50 GI Ammo for sale

50 GI Ammo - Handgun Ammo for Sale
...The 50 GI was designed as a combat cartridge that could be carried daily in a full sized weapon, or a concealed carry firearm. The 50 GI is capable of producing rounds that weight up to 300 grains, and capable of reaching up to 860 feet per second, to lighter loads at 185 grains at a blistering 1,200 feet per second. For comparison a 230 grain, 45 ACP Remington round reaches 835 feet per second.

The 50 GI was originally chambered in the 1911 platform, and due to design diligence allows the conversion to 45 ACP by simply changing the magazine and barrel. A conversion was also produced for the Glock 20 and Glock 21 pistols to allow a quick drop in conversion for commonly owned pistols. The "GI" in the cartridge name is because the company Guncrafter Industries, the company that the cartridge's creator worked for. The 50 GI is a controllable round that has been touted for its extreme power, including knocking over metal target stands. The 50 GI cartridge is also known for its extreme accuracy and penetration. The cartridge does what it’s designed and is an extremely capable self-defense cartridge.

Anyone who fokks a cunnie this stupid looking deserves to die.

Darwin award.

Rules of safe firearms handling:

1 - never point a gun at anyone or anything that you do not intend to kill whether the gun is loaded or unloaded and whether you know or don't know if it's loaded or not.

2 - always point all guns in a safe direction.

3 - always check all guns to make sure they are unloaded before you handle them further.

4 - always unload all guns before you hand one to somebody else.

5 - always keep your finger off the trigger and the safety on until you are ready to shoot.
Does this mean you now support abortion? Odds are, these folks were Democrats. Jus' sayin' ;)
Abortion is a state issue.

Roe V. Wade is bad law from the SCOTUS.

Far be it from me to tell anybody else what to do whether pro or anti abortion.
Democrats think the same thing about guns. First they make it a state issue, then they will want to step it up to a national issue.
Heller is the latest Federal law on guns.

It says everyone may own a handgun and keep it in their home.

The rest is legally debatable.

No...try reading Heller.....they point out several times that Bear means to carry.....

Everyone has done some really dumb things in their lifetime, I'm glad I'm not young again in this age of social media and such. Thankfully I didn't do something this stupid.

Agreed. Not exactly a roomful of weapons experts, much less rocket scientists, there. It's possible many thought he was using a "trick" round, one like magicians use.

Years ago, I remember reading about an actor dying from a gun loaded with "blanks".

Not quite blanks. It was the movie "The Crow." They used an actual bullet, without gun powder one of the scenes, either the pawn shop or the bar scene.....then they put that round in the chamber and there happened to be enough powder left to dislodge the bullet into the barrel. They then put a blank in the gun, and fired it.....and that launched the actual bullet into Bruce Lee's son...killing him....

Not quite blanks. It was the movie "The Crow." They used an actual bullet, without gun powder one of the scenes, either the pawn shop or the bar scene.....then they put that round in the chamber and there happened to be enough powder left to dislodge the bullet into the barrel. They then put a blank in the gun, and fired it.....and that launched the actual bullet into Bruce Lee's son...killing him....

You guys forgot about Jon-Erik

Jon-Erik Hexum. Jon-Erik Hexum (November 5, 1957 – October 18, 1984) was an American model and actor. He died as a result of an accidental self-inflicted blankcartridge gunshot round to the head on the set of the CBS television series Cover Up, in which he played the male lead.
Jon-Erik Hexum - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Jon-Erik_Hexum

You guys forgot about Jon-Erik

Jon-Erik Hexum. Jon-Erik Hexum (November 5, 1957 – October 18, 1984) was an American model and actor. He died as a result of an accidental self-inflicted blankcartridge gunshot round to the head on the set of the CBS television series Cover Up, in which he played the male lead.
Jon-Erik Hexum - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Jon-Erik_Hexum

I was always amazed by that case.
You would think the people producing shows that use guns with blanks, would make it perfectly clear to anyone handling a gun, the dangers of the propelled wadding.
As I recall he was clowning around, put the gun to his temple and pulled the trigger.
The wadding pierced his temple and went into his brain causing extensive brain damage.

I kinda feel bad for the teen mom. Yes, she's dumb, but her baby daddy was even dumber and now she'll go to prison for it.

A Desert Eagle .50 stopped from one foot away by a book? Obviously this is "Evolution in Action" since this Darwin Award nominee didn't bother to test his theory before putting his chest to the test.

US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt - BBC News
A Minnesota woman has been charged over the fatal shooting of her boyfriend, in what authorities say was a social media stunt gone wrong.

Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

The couple's three-year-old child and nearly 30 onlookers watched as she fired the fatal bullet into his chest.

Ruiz's aunt said they did it to increase their social media following.

Claudia Ruiz told WDAY-TV that her nephew had told her he wanted to do the stunt "because we want more viewers, we want to get famous".

"He had told me about that idea and I said, 'Don't do it. Don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why?'" Claudia Ruiz told the news channel.

"They were in love, they loved each other," she said. "It was just a prank gone wrong."

Perez is pregnant with the couple's second child
_96728443_captug8o87gre.jpg

Ms Perez, who is pregnant, is facing charges of second degree manslaughter. She faces her first court appearance on Wednesday.

County Attorney James Brue described the book as a hardcover encyclopaedia, and said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.

Police have seized two cameras, which are said to have recorded Monday's incident.

The single gunshot was fired from about one foot (30cm) away as neighbours gathered to watch outside their Minnesota home.

She told deputies that the stunt had been Ruiz's idea, and that he had to convince her to do it.

Earlier that day she tweeted about her reservations.

_96729172_99f19039-c5ea-40d7-88b7-b91cfb0365d6.jpg
Image copyrightTWITTER/@MONALISAPEREZ5
"Everyone was crying. I was standing behind that tree over there. And that was it. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go back home," neighbour Wayne Cameron told WDAY-TV.

The couple had started a YouTube channel in March, aiming to show the "the real life of a young couple who happen to be teen parents".

Their most recently uploaded video, on the day that Ruiz died, was titled: "Doing scary stunts at the fair".

Last week Ms Perez told her viewers that it was a "blessing" to have her husband home for the forthcoming birth of their son, who is due in September.

It's nature's way of weeding out the stupid.

I kinda feel bad for the teen mom. Yes, she's dumb, but her baby daddy was even dumber and now she'll go to prison for it.

A Desert Eagle .50 stopped from one foot away by a book? Obviously this is "Evolution in Action" since this Darwin Award nominee didn't bother to test his theory before putting his chest to the test.

US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt - BBC News
A Minnesota woman has been charged over the fatal shooting of her boyfriend, in what authorities say was a social media stunt gone wrong.

Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

The couple's three-year-old child and nearly 30 onlookers watched as she fired the fatal bullet into his chest.

Ruiz's aunt said they did it to increase their social media following.

Claudia Ruiz told WDAY-TV that her nephew had told her he wanted to do the stunt "because we want more viewers, we want to get famous".

"He had told me about that idea and I said, 'Don't do it. Don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why?'" Claudia Ruiz told the news channel.

"They were in love, they loved each other," she said. "It was just a prank gone wrong."

Perez is pregnant with the couple's second child
_96728443_captug8o87gre.jpg

Ms Perez, who is pregnant, is facing charges of second degree manslaughter. She faces her first court appearance on Wednesday.

County Attorney James Brue described the book as a hardcover encyclopaedia, and said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.

Police have seized two cameras, which are said to have recorded Monday's incident.

The single gunshot was fired from about one foot (30cm) away as neighbours gathered to watch outside their Minnesota home.

She told deputies that the stunt had been Ruiz's idea, and that he had to convince her to do it.

Earlier that day she tweeted about her reservations.

_96729172_99f19039-c5ea-40d7-88b7-b91cfb0365d6.jpg
Image copyrightTWITTER/@MONALISAPEREZ5
"Everyone was crying. I was standing behind that tree over there. And that was it. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go back home," neighbour Wayne Cameron told WDAY-TV.

The couple had started a YouTube channel in March, aiming to show the "the real life of a young couple who happen to be teen parents".

Their most recently uploaded video, on the day that Ruiz died, was titled: "Doing scary stunts at the fair".

Last week Ms Perez told her viewers that it was a "blessing" to have her husband home for the forthcoming birth of their son, who is due in September.

It's nature's way of weeding out the stupid.
We need more gene pool cleaning. Democrats try to save every human being with seatbelt and helmet laws. Republicans try to save every human being with anti-drug and anti-abortion laws. We need less laws and more of God's natural law to clean out the stupid and unfit.

Darwin award.

1 - never point a gun at anyone or anything that you do not intend to kill whether the gun is loaded or unloaded and whether you know or don't know if it's loaded or not.

3 - always check all guns to make sure they are unloaded before you handle them further.

5 - always keep your finger off the trigger and the safety on until you are ready to shoot.
Does this mean you now support abortion? Odds are, these folks were Democrats. Jus' sayin' ;)

Democrats think the same thing about guns. First they make it a state issue, then they will want to step it up to a national issue.
Heller V. DC has resolved the gun issue.

Darwin award.

Heller V. DC has resolved the gun issue.
Not exactly. Time to be vigilant.

Forum List

Back