US Warship shoots down Iranian Drone

Looks like what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Trump Says U.S. Ship Shot Down Iranian Drone in Strait of Hormuz

It wasn't shot down.

Recently, the Iranians shot down a very expensive, very sophisticated American surveillance UAV called the Global Hawk. Trump responded with useless economic sanctions against the Ayatollah and his generals.

Today Trump announced proudly that the USS Boxer engaged an Iranian drone that was “threatening the safety of the ship and the ship's crew” and “was immediately destroyed,” he said.

“This is the latest of many provocative and hostile actions against vessels operating in international waters,” the president said, adding that the United States “reserves the right to defend our personnel, our facilities, our interests, and calls upon all nations to condemn Iran's attempts to disrupt freedom of navigation and global commerce."

“I also call on other nations to protect their ships as they go through the strait and to work with us in the future,” Trump added.

John Roberts on Fox characterized this as Trump's payback for the Global Hawk.

However, at first glance there appears to a few things wrong with this picture.

The far less sophisticated Iran drone is hardly payback for the $150 million Global Hawk. Presidents do not get involved in shooting down drones. That decision was made by the local commander, probably the captain of the ship or his immediate superior.

Trump didn't explain how a drone could threaten the safety of a warship and its crew.

Just to clarify, the drone was not shot down. The drone was brought down using electronic jamming, according to a US defense official.

The shooting down of an Iranian drone is worthy of the six o'clock news, but it is hardly worthy of a Presidential announcement.

Trump must really be getting desperate and for good reason.

How much did the drown cost I wonder? Less than $100,000 I bet.
I don't know.

How many do you think you could buy for a pallet of cash?
The point I'm chasing is that the one of ours they shot down was $220 million. I suspect that the Iranian drone costs a very small fraction of that.

The US drone that was shot down costs $130 million.
According to this linked article the cost is $130 million (220 million if you include R&D). Earlier when I did a google search for the info, the article I saw had the 220 million number. At any rate, its a lot of money.
How the Pentagon Nickel-and-Dimed Its Way Into Losing a Drone

Iran has committed many crimes against the USA...going back to taking our embassy hostage and bombing our Marine barracks by a suicide nutcase....they are religious zealots....they hate us and they hate Israel...they also hate the EU but would like to sell them their cheap oil...say what you want about Trump or Israel...Iran is a real and present danger and I for one am happy we have a leader that recognizes it....
We need to keep the economic pressure on Iran until their hold on their people dissolves....the Iranian people don't want to live like this...an outcast nation always on the brink of war.....
Obama had a chance to change the Iranian leadership by standing by the Iranian people that were in the streets protesting the religious 12th century nuts...but he froze...just like he did on that terrible night in Benghazi....

'iran' needs to pay for the 'hostages ' kept in 'iran' until 'r. reagan' showed up .

Thankfully our current president is not afraid of war. it's time for our troops to travel to Iran and teach those Muslims a lesson.

-------------- i'm thinking , send some missiles dedicated to 'persian pride' targeting infrastructure , all military and 'gov building and 'mullah' and 'imam' hidey holes . My goal would simply be punishment of the ' iranians' Lenny .

Iran seized two British ships in or around the Strait of Hormuz on Friday. That is just the latest incident in a long string of provocations, and blame can be placed squarely on Trump's shoulders for a completely ludicrous and extremely dangerous decision he made in May 2018.

Trump withdrew the U.S. from the nuclear deal (JCPOA) with Tehran struck by the Obama administration, which permanently barred Iran from making a nuclear weapon. The agreement was working, but Trump decided to punish Iran for being in compliance with the JCPOA and he ratcheted up sanctions on the Iranians.

I warned then Iran would duplicate Trump's decision and violate the JCPOA. That is exactly what has happened.

Those sanctions are hurting the Iranian economy badly, and, like a wounded animal, she is striking back at Trump's incitement.

On May 5th Trump threatened Iran with a battleship-carrier strike group. On May 10th Trump threatened Iran again with a second display of force: built around the U.S.S. Arlington and a battery of Patriot missiles. During all this, Iran is accused of mining six ships, but no serious damage was done and no one was hurt.

Then Iran called Trump's bluff. On June 20 Iran shot down a $110 million RQ-4A Global Hawk High-Altitude, Long, Endurance (HALE) Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS). Trump responded with useless sanctions against the Ayatollah and his generals.

Since then this is what has happened since July First.

Iran has breached the limit on its stockpile of low-enriched uranium set under a 2015 nuclear deal.

Then Iran breached a crucial limit on the level of uranium enrichment set out in the 2015 nuclear deal, going from 3.67% to over 4.5%.

Britain seized an Iranian tanker bound for Syria.

Yesterday, the USS Boxer brought down an Iranian drone.

Iran seized two British tankers today.

Thank you, Mr. President.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, the eight-year long Iraq war with its nearly 5,000 dead Americans, 25,000 wounded Americans, and over one million dead Iraqi civilians would be a walk in the park compared to a war with Iran with her sophisticated air force, sophisticated ballistic missiles, effective anti-ship cruise missiles, and her proxy forces throughout the Middle East, many within the same grid square as American bases.

Mr. President, how stupid can you be?

As is his custom, Trump waited until Marine One's blades began churning before he conducted his news conference on the south lawn of the White House.

Through the din, reporters' questions could barely be heard and Trump was forced to shout. That's how Trump likes it.

Naturally the questions concerned the Iranian seizure of the two ships. Trump was brief. “We’re going to be speaking with the U.K., and this only goes to show what I’m saying about Iran: trouble, nothing but trouble,” Trump told reporters.

Trump did not say whether the incident would prompt a response, saying, “Let’s see what happens."

“But I know that it’s not an American ship, it’s U.K.,” he added.

Considering the gravity of the situation, Chris Wallace of Fox News fame characterized the President as being nonchalant.

Well, that is one way of putting it. Another is, let's get this over with. The entire planet, including Trump, knows that the American President is responsible for escalating the Iranian problem. He just wanted to get through it and get to talking about the four Democratic extremists in the House who he says represent the leadership of the Democratic Party.

So, on he went about the four women of color, repeating some of his racist comments on how they hate our country.

Then he hopped aboard Marine One for another weekend of golf.

Maybe its time to go after 'iran' with some power that the world has never seen before SShanks .

As is his custom, Trump waited until Marine One's blades began churning before he conducted his news conference on the south lawn of the White House.

Through the din, reporters' questions could barely be heard and Trump was forced to shout. That's how Trump likes it.

Naturally the questions concerned the Iranian seizure of the two ships. Trump was brief. “We’re going to be speaking with the U.K., and this only goes to show what I’m saying about Iran: trouble, nothing but trouble,” Trump told reporters.

Trump did not say whether the incident would prompt a response, saying, “Let’s see what happens."

“But I know that it’s not an American ship, it’s U.K.,” he added.

Considering the gravity of the situation, Chris Wallace of Fox News fame characterized the President as being nonchalant.

Well, that is one way of putting it. Another is, let's get this over with. The entire planet, including Trump, knows that the American President is responsible for escalating the Iranian problem. He just wanted to get through it and get to talking about the four Democratic extremists in the House who he says represent the leadership of the Democratic Party.

So, on he went about the four women of color, repeating some of his racist comments on how they hate our country.

Then he hopped aboard Marine One for another weekend of golf.
----------------------------------------- and don't ferget the hamburgers and 'KFC' Sandy S .

morning Dani , long time no see ??
Thanks to trump's sanctions, I have to have 2 jobs So, I have less free time .
Back then i used to buy a fucking marlboro for 10 toman, Last night i bought it 35 toman

Back then i used to buy a fucking marlboro for 10 toman, Last night i bought it 35 toman
------------------------------------ you oughta start rolling you own smokes . And how many 'TOMAN' does it take to amount to an American DOLLAR Dani .

------------------------------------ you oughta start rolling you own smokes . And how many 'TOMAN' does it take to amount to an American DOLLAR Dani .
It was actually 35 thousand toman not 35 toman. We omit thousand in informal everyday Persian.
before trump break iran deal :
1$= 3400-4000

after break iran deal
1$=18000

after shock (now)
1$=11000-12000

Forum List

Back