US Unemployment Map

And it would have been different had Palin been elected?

But all we heard from the right in 2007 was how great the economy was?

Last edited:
Watch the map turn black as the Democrat party policies take effect.
multimediafinal

What an awesome map! Strange how the unemployment rates went up right after the Democrats took control of Congress.

Nope, that's no coincidence.

Big (and small) Business (which means jobs) don't trust Democrats. That's a fact jack.

When Democrats are in control, they collect all their marbles ($$) and (jobs), and hold onto them until there's a more business-friendly government in place.

Meanwhile Democrats get to buy votes by helping out the newly poor and unemployed, giving them loads of freebies and telling these people how bad the Republicans are.

Vicious cycle.

When republicans are back in power, that map will change again....it will lighten up to 3% or less.

That'd be my guess.

Watch the same thing this time next year....

I'm afraid to. I've already been wiped out financially this year. I can't imagine how bad it's gonna be next year. :eusa_eh::eek:

Sorry to hear that. Lots of people around me are having a hard time right now.
The worst thing is I don't think it is going to get better for a while.
I have been giving away $1,000 per month this year outside of some family support I am doing. Sometimes to a food bank and sometimes directly to people in need. It is always directly targeted though and not thru a general agency with too much overhead and high paid executives.
It is not enough but it is what I can afford to do.

Best of luck to ya and hunker down as best you can.

Watch the same thing this time next year....

I'm afraid to. I've already been wiped out financially this year. I can't imagine how bad it's gonna be next year. :eusa_eh::eek:

Sorry to hear that. Lots of people around me are having a hard time right now.
The worst thing is I don't think it is going to get better for a while.
I have been giving away $1,000 per month this year outside of some family support I am doing. Sometimes to a food bank and sometimes directly to people in need. It is always directly targeted though and not thru a general agency with too much overhead and high paid executives.
It is not enough but it is what I can afford to do.

Best of luck to ya and hunker down as best you can.

God bless you for helping others! I'm glad you're able!

I was a homeowner for 12 years. Worked hard. Saved for a rainy day. Paid my taxes. Volunteered. Donated to food banks and gave to charity. Never thought this would happen to us---just proof that this could happen to *anyone*.

We're in re-build mode and it's gonna take years to get back to even close to where we were. I'm 46, so this likely means spending the rest of my life coming back from this disastrous year. But....we will.

We're hunkering down the best we can.

Thanks for the good wishes! *hug*

multimediafinal

What an awesome map! Strange how the unemployment rates went up right after the Democrats took control of Congress.

So what happened in 2007 that created unemployment by the dems? I seem to recall they were quite blocked from doing much of anything that year because they barely had a majority in the House and evenly split in the Senate, therefore NO majority. Enlighten me.

multimediafinal

Nope, that's no coincidence.

Big (and small) Business (which means jobs) don't trust Democrats. That's a fact jack.

When Democrats are in control, they collect all their marbles ($$) and (jobs), and hold onto them until there's a more business-friendly government in place.
Meanwhile Democrats get to buy votes by helping out the newly poor and unemployed, giving them loads of freebies and telling these people how bad the Republicans are.

Vicious cycle.

When republicans are back in power, that map will change again....it will lighten up to 3% or less.

That'd be my guess.

Party first. How patriotic of them. Oddly, if that's true (which it isn't), then the private sector IS responsible for starting the decline in unemployment.

Businesses will support whichever party is in power, period. And why wouldn't they? All corporate contributions increased for the Democratic Party during the 06 campaign and even more money was donated after they won.

So what happened in 2007 that created unemployment by the dems? I seem to recall they were quite blocked from doing much of anything that year because they barely had a majority in the House and evenly split in the Senate, therefore NO majority. Enlighten me.

Minimum wage increase. Increase in government spending.

WOW ! Dramatic time lapse. Kinda tells it like it really is. :(

From the Black right into the Red, and the way things are going, the "RED" may also mean Marxist, or that old Red Star we once fought against and now some embrace. I am hoping this country can come into the black again and be prosperous, but it sure looks like a long path this time.

Thanks, to all those fine politicians that KNEW what was good for us all. :clap2:
and still do..........:lol::lol:

Isn't it curious how politicians, for the most part, never have inflation, health care worries, and other issues. They just vote themselves what they WANT, and screw the rest of the citizens. Nothing has really changed since the days of the 'evil land owners' and the slaves and sharecroppers they controlled, it just subsided for a while when most of America's citizens prospered.

Minimum wage increase. Increase in government spending.

A minimum wage hike stimulates consumption by putting more money in the hands of low-income consumers, increasing their standard of living somewhat and decreases the reliance on social welfare programs. Republicans will argue that increasing the minimum wage cuts into profit margins and therefore the higher cost of doing business is passed off to consumers through higher prices, creating inflation and nullifying any standard of living increase wage earners might have otherwise enjoyed.

But that didn't happen. Inflation actually went down in 2007, rose slightly in 2008, and stands at an all-time low since 2000 at -2%. Also unemployment didn't begin rising dramatically until 2008.

Forum List

Back