US Troops Killed Four Afghan Children Who Were Tending Livestock

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
US Troops Killed Four Afghan Children Who Were Tending Livestock
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has confirmed today that a weekend raid by US troops against the Logar Province ended with troops killing four innocent children who were tending livestock in a field.

Karzai’s statement condemned the killings, saying that “repeated pledges by NATO to avoid civilian casualties” were not being met, while expressing anger at continued strikes against residential areas.

Locals reported the children were killed in “missile attacks” during what NATO officials say was a raid aimed at capturing two militants. NATO would only say that it was “aware” of the situation and was investigating the claims.

US commander Gen. John Allen however has already issued a statement offering “condolence payments” to the families of the slain children, saying that officials were going to meet directly with them to discuss
US Troops Killed Four Afghan Children Who Were Tending Livestock -- News from Antiwar.com

They hate us for our freedom

If you don't know what the target is, don't bomb the area then!!! Fuck man. Unnecessary shit.

Can we just bring our troops home already?

I agree. That country needs a break. Hopefully there will just be calm.

I'm pretty sure the fighting will still be there once we leave, I just want our men and women out of there.

You're probably right. But it will leave a good impression to the people if we leave and if NATO leaves. The Taliban will have to change as well. They will not be able to use the international forces as a excuse anymore. It's best for everyone.

I agree. That country needs a break. Hopefully there will just be calm.

I'm pretty sure the fighting will still be there once we leave, I just want our men and women out of there.

You're probably right. But it will leave a good impression to the people if we leave and if NATO leaves. The Taliban will have to change as well. They will not be able to use the international forces as a excuse anymore. It's best for everyone.

I'm pretty sure the Taliban/Northern Alliance civil war will restart, even now the Taliban will NOT negociate with the Afghan government in peace talks, only the US. Once we are gone, the fighting will increase ten fold.

I'm pretty sure the Taliban/Northern Alliance civil war will restart, even now the Taliban will NOT negociate with the Afghan government in peace talks, only the US. Once we are gone, the fighting will increase ten fold.

No it won't. They will talk trust me. Or Afghanistan should just offer them security jobs. And let them in their military. They need to unite and just function as a country. And we need to leave them alone.

No it won't. They will talk trust me. Or Afghanistan should just offer them security jobs. And let them in their military. They need to unite and just function as a country. And we need to leave them alone.

Thats the problem the Afghan government doesn't have enough cash to hire all the Talibs, they can barely pay and equip the force they have, in actuallity WE are the ones paying for it with our tax dollars.

Thats the problem the Afghan government doesn't have enough cash to hire all the Talibs, they can barely pay and equip the force they have, in actuallity WE are the ones paying for it with our tax dollars.

Yeah I know. Lots of it has to do with cash. People need some money. They need it, countries should pitch in.

Yeah I know. Lots of it has to do with cash. People need some money. They need it, countries should pitch in.

People don't want to invest in a sinking ship, we have invested billions into Afghanistan and look at it now, it would take decades to make this somewhat right.

People don't want to invest in a sinking ship, we have invested billions into Afghanistan and look at it now, it would take decades to make this somewhat right.

We shouldn't invest for that reason. The war needs to end. Hopefully 2014 will be the end. I wish it could be earlier.

We shouldn't invest for that reason. The war needs to end. Hopefully 2014 will be the end. I wish it could be earlier.

Yeah I want our troops back yesterday.

Yeah I want our troops back yesterday.

I think it should all be over. Including air activities like drones or other.

Forum List

Back