CDZ US troops in Ukraine

I

Indofred

I posted this here in an attempt to get real answers, not the usual slanging match.

I keep hearing of US forces in Ukraine actively assisting or even fighting for the Ukrainian government.

The New York Times does its government s bidding Here s what you re not being told about U.S. troops in Ukraine - Salon.com

This link is one of many, but I have been unable to verify anything as there are only biased sources reporting on this.
I'm also hearing of large numbers of civilian casualties from government shelling/attacks.

Anyone got anything verifiable?

With 580 U.S. boots on the ground in Ukraine what s Vladimir Putin s next move

As the crisis in Ukraine drags on, U.S.-Russia relations continue to deteriorate. The United States has just taken a step that risks bringing that relationship to a new low.

As part of its effort to support Ukraine, the U.S. military recently sent 290 troops from the 173rdAirborne Brigade based in Vicenza, Italy, to train the Ukrainian National Guard. In doing so, President Barack Obama is responding to widespread political pressure to “do something,” choosing a middle ground between doing nothing on the one hand — or, on the other, embroiling the United States more deeply in the conflict by sending billions of dollars of lethal weaponry to Ukraine.

The US military block it, but it's on the news.
I wonder what isn't on the news.

What? The US Government using its Military and Covert Ops to undermine existing Sovereign Nations and assist in Overthrowing Governments? Never!

Thems' Fightin' Words!

These reports (and others I'm looking at but yet to post), if true, suggest a Vietnam style of US advisor force in Ukraine.
Of course, there's nothing to prove anything as yet, so I'm claiming nothing - just wondering about the situation over there.

From the link: "The brigade has trained with Ukrainian forces in international exercises throughout Europe, as well as within Ukraine, most recently last September in the Rapid Trident series of exercises, an annual U.S. Army Europe-led exercise designed to promote regional stability and security. The two forces are scheduled to participate in Exercise Rapid Trident 2015 later this year."

Depending how far forward the US troops may be in Ukraine, the unit may be acting as a tripwire to prevent actual Russian troops from going too far forward in the country.

Forum List

Back