US Troops in serious peril now..Terry Jones burns Koran

He's totally innocent of murder. Now isn't he?

Now wait a minute, I didn't say he was responsible for murder. If that is what you think, you would be wrong. I meant he was responsible for inciting those morons to commit murder.

Immie

Dear Mr. Immie. Take a second look.. I was responding to ClosedMindedCaption..

No second look needed. I realized that, but I was one of those that said Jones was somewhat responsible for those deaths.

Let's put it this way, do you blame the bees that stung you after someone else riled them up?

I believe Jones is smart enough to know that radical Muslims will kill for a perceived slight. Hell, we all remember Saloman Rushdie (sp?) and the guy that drew those cartoons of Mohammed.

Those Muslims should all be caught, tried for murder and then shot, but Jones should have known (and I believe he did know) that what he was doing would cause this kind of a response which is why I think he should bear some of the responsibility.

Immie

Now wait a minute, I didn't say he was responsible for murder. If that is what you think, you would be wrong. I meant he was responsible for inciting those morons to commit murder.

Immie

No second look needed. I realized that, but I was one of those that said Jones was somewhat responsible for those deaths.

Let's put it this way, do you blame the bees that stung you after someone else riled them up?

I believe Jones is smart enough to know that radical Muslims will kill for a perceived slight. Hell, we all remember Saloman Rushdie (sp?) and the guy that drew those cartoons of Mohammed.

Those Muslims should all be caught, tried for murder and then shot, but Jones should have known (and I believe he did know) that what he was doing would cause this kind of a response which is why I think he should bear some of the responsibility.

Immie

What Jones did is what Jones did which is despicable. Every person takes responsibility for his or her own actions. The murderers are soley responsible for deciding to kill 12 innocent people.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Immie

Immie

Bees are insects and react out of instinct. Humans have the ability to think and reason. None was used here.

Put it this way, they put a bounty on Rushdie and killed people over cartoons. Is it more terrorism on their part? It is indeed IMO. Should all to bend to their demands to assure no one is offended? That is the way I see it. You do that and I will kill!! They have threatened South Park and have killed over the years and threatened to kill over a depiction of Mohammad.

They need to learn their rights to not usurp the rights of others. I recall the warnings when I purchased Salman Rushdie's book years ago. DO NOT flaunt the book—your life will be in danger. I was purchasing a book for crying out loud. I should not have to live in fear tucking the book in a paper sac at the bottom of backpack. Many were fearful to purchase the book because of the threats.

Did you know that many of the people who helped Rushdie were killed? His translators and publishers?

Salman Rushdie - Definition

Immie

What Jones did is what Jones did which is despicable. Every person takes responsibility for his or her own actions. The murderers are soley responsible for deciding to kill 12 innocent people.

Well at least we agree that what Jones did is despicable.

However, I don't see Jones taking any responsibility for his actions. I guess personal responsibility is not on his lists of sermon points. :D

Is he responsible for the murders? No, not directly. However, he knew where the Koran burning would end up, that makes his actions contributory.

I wonder... did he and Phelps attend the same seminary?

Immie

Immie

Well at least we agree that what Jones did is despicable.

However, I don't see Jones taking any responsibility for his actions. I guess personal responsibility is not on his lists of sermon points. :D

Is he responsible for the murders? No, not directly. However, he knew where the Koran burning would end up, that makes his actions contributory.

I wonder... did he and Phelps attend the same seminary?

Immie

What Fred Phelps does is reprehensible but do you see Americans killing others and then trying to blame Phelp's actions for their own. People own their own responses.

I think it's pretty stupid to burn the Quaran. There are plenty of Muslims who don't go around beheading or blowing people up. I think this idiot did it for attention and personal gain. He probably wanted to appear on the next Ellen Degenerate show. ~BH

CaféAuLait;3486657 said:

Immie

Bees are insects and react out of instinct. Humans have the ability to think and reason. None was used here.

Put it this way, they put a bounty on Rushdie and killed people over cartoons. Is it more terrorism on their part? It is indeed IMO. Should all to bend to their demands to assure no one is offended? That is the way I see it. You do that and I will kill!! They have threatened South Park and have killed over the years and threatened to kill over a depiction of Mohammad.

They need to learn their rights to not usurp the rights of others. I recall the warnings when I purchased Salman Rushdie's book years ago. DO NOT flaunt the book—your life will be in danger. I was purchasing a book for crying out loud. I should not have to live in fear tucking the book in a paper sac at the bottom of backpack. Many were fearful to purchase the book because of the threats.

Did you know that many of the people who helped Rushdie were killed? His translators and publishers?

I didn't buy the book, but I did borrow it from the library simply because of the controversy. Truthfully, I started to read it, but it never caught my attention so I returned it to the library without finishing it.

As I said in my last post, which was made after you posted this, Pastor Jones' actions were contributory to these murders. He didn't kill those people and he should not have had to worry about anyone being killed for his actions, but you and I both know that when it comes to radical Muslims, they will kill for their cause. Jones knew it as well. Therefore, he should have considered that lives might be lost because of this. He provoked them and people have died because of that.

Those are my reasons for believing he bares some responsibility in this case. That does not mean I think he should be tried for murder, just that if I were him, I would feel that my actions had in some way caused the deaths of those 12 people and I personally would feel terrible about that.

Immie

• Thanks
Reactions: idb
CaféAuLait;3486657 said:

Immie

I didn't buy the book, but I did borrow it from the library simply because of the controversy. Truthfully, I started to read it, but it never caught my attention so I returned it to the library without finishing it.

As I said in my last post, which was made after you posted this, Pastor Jones' actions were contributory to these murders. He didn't kill those people and he should not have had to worry about anyone being killed for his actions, but you and I both know that when it comes to radical Muslims, they will kill for their cause. Jones knew it as well. Therefore, he should have considered that lives might be lost because of this. He provoked them and people have died because of that.

Those are my reasons for believing he bares some responsibility in this case. That does not mean I think he should be tried for murder, just that if I were him, I would feel that my actions had in some way caused the deaths of those 12 people and I personally would feel terrible about that.

Immie

Would I be responsible for my murder if I had been killed after I purchased Satanic Verses? I was warned and I knew many Muslims were upset over people purchasing the book. Should I be terrified or bend to terroristic threats and not have bought the book?

CaféAuLait;3486738 said:
CaféAuLait;3486657 said:

Immie

Would I be responsible for my murder if I had been killed after I purchased Satanic Verses? I was warned and I knew many Muslims were upset over people purchasing the book. Should I be terrified or bend to terroristic threats and not have bought the book?

Hey, it sounds to me like you were depressed and considering suicide.

No, and I think this part of my post should have made the answer to that question quite clear.

he should not have had to worry about anyone being killed for his actions

Immie

Talk amongst yourselves

Discuss what? How stupid you are? The people killed were from the UN, not the US.

The dead included at least seven United Nations workers — four Nepalese guards and three Europeans from Romania, Sweden and Norway — according to United Nations officials in New York. One was a woman. Early reports, later denied by Afghan officials, said that at least two of the dead had been beheaded. Five Afghans were also killed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/world/asia/02afghanistan.html?_r=1&ref=global-home&pagewanted=all

Further evidence of the latent Intolerance and violence among Many Muslims. You burn our book, will Murder 12 people.

Yet I see many Liberals are now saying nothing about the Animals who did this, and instead blaming the guy who burnt some books. As if they think the Muslims response was justified.

You read my mind, I was just thinking about how the Muslims were right in killing 12 people. Not!

But everyone knows that the Muslims take the Koran very seriously. Everyone predicted that this would be the response. Jones lit a fuse then acts like he didnt know (or knows and doesnt care) that the fuse he lit set off a bomb.

So if someone tells me I can't drive my car because it's against their religion and if I do there may be retaliation in the middle east, I'm suppose to just take it??? You do know they won't let women drive cars don't you? The only answer to this violence is justice. Put them in jail and let them know we won't tolerate this behavior from ANYONE!!. If Afghanistan refuses to prosecute those responsible there should be a response from governments around the world.

We don't give up our rights, even stupid rights to burn stupid books just because someone threatens us, to do so is COWARDICE.
While I agree whole heartedly, someone ought to slap the shit out of Reverend Jones.Muslims are pretty damned sensitive about their holy book, but that sensitivity doesn't extend to the scriptures of other religions. In a good deal of the Arab world, just the act of owning a Bible will get you beheaded... Or is is stoned?

You read my mind, I was just thinking about how the Muslims were right in killing 12 people. Not!

But everyone knows that the Muslims take the Koran very seriously. Everyone predicted that this would be the response. Jones lit a fuse then acts like he didnt know (or knows and doesnt care) that the fuse he lit set off a bomb.

Perhaps he lit the fuse to Show the entire world how intolerant, Violent, and Crazy some Muslims are.

I don't care how fucking serious they take the book. It is just ink on Paper, burning it, in no way justifies a violent response.

The people who did this are animals that make the Pastor look respectable.

In other words, he sacrificed 12 lives to prove a point? That is an awfully expensive point!

I didn't agree with his plans to burn the Koran. I think it was petty and stupid. But now, he doesn't even have the courage to stand up and take responsibility?

Koran-burning pastor says not responsible for UN deaths - Yahoo! News

Immie

Take responsibility for what? Did he attack the guards and take their weapons? Did he run around town and kill people? Did he preach to his congregation that they should go out and kill people? How the fuck is he responsible for something that happens on the other side of the world two weeks after he burned a single Quran?

The only proper response to this is to shit on Islam, not make excuses for it.

The Poet Versus the Prophet - Reason Magazine

Quantum is just being Stupid and Immie explained it well. Should anyone be afraid after publicly mocking Muslims? He'll yeah

Is it right? Fuck no!

But Jones knew that he was going to incite them unless he didn't know they go nuts about their book. Which he did.

[There are also lecherous a-hole whack-jobs running around America. Does that mean you blame rape victims for the way they dress too? (the same way you blame Jones) Should the makers of hot female apparel be thrown to the wolves too?
You don't think there is a significant difference between dressing provocatively and maliciously desecrating the venerated object of known suicidal fanatics?

Christian Americans who criticize the obvious religious fanaticism of the Afghani Moslems should recall the far more volatile and widespread example of their spiritual forebears who, when agitated by Catholic popes, formed massive armies and launched a religious Crusade against Islam that lasted for generations.

Whether or not contemporary American Christians choose to believe that many present day Moslems are sufficiently devoted to their faith to be driven to kill and/or die in its defense the fact remains they quite obviously are -- as the 9/11 attack has plainly shown. Yet an opportunistic yokel evangelist, Terry Jones, thought it was a good idea to offensively provoke the fanatical segment of Islam by desecrating their holy book. There was no reasonable or sensible justification for doing what he did.

I believe that sonofabitch should be wrapped up and delivered to the most fanatical Muslim Imam in Afghanistan to be dealt with.

What a fucking idiot.

Go back to school, study history, then come back and discuss what happens in the real world. The reason those Muslims feel free to kill people is you are afraid of them, and feel compelled to make excuses for them because of that fear.

If you want to apportion blame to someone, you can chalk up a large portion blame for this to yourself.

Only 14, Bangladeshi girl charged with adultery was lashed to death - CNN

Add in a dash of blame for this.

Courageous Hollywood Director Cyrus Nowrasteh on Hannity, Shows How Films Can Save Lives | NewsReal Blog

You can can also know that you condone these threats.

Taliban threatens Veena Malik for defaming Pakistan | Total Filmy

Take a long look in a mirror and know that that the face you are looking at is responsible for hatred, oppression, and death. You are disgusting.

Quantum is just being Stupid and Immie explained it well. Should anyone be afraid after publicly mocking Muslims? He'll yeah

Is it right? Fuck no!

But Jones knew that he was going to incite them unless he didn't know they go nuts about their book. Which he did.

All the more reason to break that taboo.

All the more reason for "Everyone draw Mohammad Day" and the like. All the more reason for every newspaper in the world to publish Mohammad cartoons.

Christians used to have fanatics too. However, to date, the total number of people killed over the taxpayer funded "pissCrist"= 0.

I think we should let Jones and the terrorist loons duke it out personally... maybe they'll destroy each other...

and that way normal people won't get hurt.

morons... all of em

(that said, why was the koran burning covered? it wasn't news and they shouldn't have known ... and it shouldn't have been done).

[...]

And you make it sound like the terrorists weren't responsible for 9/11, so who was? Us? Because we don't follow Islamic doctrine? Where do you draw the line? AFTER we've all been converted in order to prevent violence?
Religious conversion has nothing to do with the presently diminished devotion of the Christian faith. We've simply become a nation of hypocrites who worship nothing but money and military power.

Re: the issue at hand:

In preparation for Operation Desert Storm, Bush-1 arranged with his Saudi Arabian buddies to install a temporary Air Base in the Islamic holy land of Mecca. He also promised to pressure Israel into reducing its occupation of Palestinian territories. But as time went by the "temporary" air base remained in Mecca and Israel's occupation activities increased, so Usama bin Laden reminded Bill Clinton of Bush's promises and warned him that action would be taken if those promises weren't kept. When Bill Clinton ignored the warning a nearly successful attempt was made by one Ramseh Yousef in 1993 to topple a World Trade Center tower.

In 1998, PBS Frontline's John Miller interviewed Usama bin Laden in a cave in Afghanistan. I recall watching that intervew. The following is a brief excerpt of what bin Laden had to say:

(Miller)... "What is the meaning of your call for Muslims to take arms against America in particular, and what is the message that you wish to send to the West in general?"

(bin Laden) "The call to wage war against America was made because America has spear-headed the crusade against the Islamic nation, sending tens of thousands of its troops to the land of the two Holy Mosques over and above its meddling in its affairs and its politics, and its support of the oppressive, corrupt and tyrannical regime that is in control. These are the reasons behind the singling out of America as a target. And not exempt of responsibility are those Western regimes whose presence in the region offers support to the American troops there. We know at least one reason behind the symbolic participation of the Western forces and that is to support the Jewish and Zionist plans for expansion of what is called the Great Israel. Surely, their presence is not out of concern over their interests in the region. ... Their presence has no meaning save one and that is to offer support to the Jews in Palestine who are in need of their Christian brothers to achieve full control over the Arab Peninsula which they intend to make an important part of the so called Greater Israel. ..."
frontline: hunting bin laden: who is bin laden?: interview with osama bin laden (in may 1998) | PBS

When Bush-2 took Office bin Laden issued the same warning to him several times. Like Clinton, Bush ignored the warnings and the result was the 9/11 attack.

While Bush-2 proudly took credit for there being no attacks after 9/11, the reason for it is shortly after 9/11 Bush quickly shut down the Bin-Sultan Air Base his father had installed in Mecca and removed all Americans from that land. He then pressured Sharon to remove all the Israeli settlements from the Gaza region.

If the demands to remove our troops from their holy land and to stop supporting Israeli oppression of the Palestinians were met neither attack on the World Trade Center would have occurred. One can puff up and issue stupid bravado but the fact remains, the Muslims had two legitimate grievances which we ignored. The consequence was they proved they can hurt us -- even if some of them must commit suicide to do it.

The bottom line is you don't want to antagonize people who are willing to die to strike at you. That's what the stupid sonofabitch, Terry Jones, who burned the Koran did and it cost another twelve Americans their lives.

There is nothing in this world more dangerous than a man or woman who is ready to die -- except for several million of them.

SO LEAVE THOSE PEOPLE ALONE!

Their goal in life is to kill me and enslave my family. Leaving them alone is not an option.

[There are also lecherous a-hole whack-jobs running around America. Does that mean you blame rape victims for the way they dress too? (the same way you blame Jones) Should the makers of hot female apparel be thrown to the wolves too?
You don't think there is a significant difference between dressing provocatively and maliciously desecrating the venerated object of known suicidal fanatics?

No.

I think a rape victim feels maliciously desecrated in body and suspect you do as well. I think the problem and sole responsibility lies both with the rapist and suicidal fanatics and not their so called provocateurs.

I have to much respect for books qua books to endorse burning (or banning) any of them however what one person does with their own property is not my concern.

Forum List

Back