US troop movements into Pakistan

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Caligirl, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    What are your thoughts on all of this? Apparently Bush approved movement of our troops into Pakistan, in July, without any need to ask the Pakistan govt.

?

The Associated Press: Pakistan orders troops to open fire if US raids

2. clazona

clazona Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If Taliban and al-Qaeda is housed in that ungoverned region of Pakistan, i do not see the problem why are troops can't be there. Pakistan doesn't even control the part of the government. If they were to open fire on our troops in that region, they would have been harboring those terrorists. If they were allies with us, why aren't they opening fire on taliban hot spots or al-Qaeda training camps.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    I believe this stemmed from the U.S. believeing governments in the regions weren't doing enough to ge to Al Queda and the taliban in those regions. I don't really see the need to ask for permission to go after a group that has attacked us.

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,930
    The Democrats have complained we were not doing this, now they are against it, go figure.

5. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Of course they are against it, because a republican is doing it.

6. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I haven't heard anyone complain necessarily, personally. I think Obama said we should do this.

I just can't decide what I personally think about it and am curious what others think. Is it a good idea? Would it be OK if the tables were turned? Ex if Pakistan sent troops into the US to chase down someone they were trying to get, without asking us.

Is it OK for Pakistan to open fire on our troops if we go into Pakistan chasing Taliban?

How hard should we fight over this, is it worth going to war with Pakistan (a nuclear power) over this?

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,134
    Bush wants to get Bin Ladin before he gets out of office. Or at least look like he tried. Too little too late.

And what ever happened to not going in because Pakistan is a soverign nation? I guess Obama was right again.

How many things does Obama have to be right about before people will vote for him?

8. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Exactly the point. Democrats support the Idea when Obama talks about it, and rail against it when Bush does it.

Typical!

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    About half the people will vote for him. What more do you want. You want us all to? Sorry that only happens in Communist Dictatorships and despotic regimes like Saddam ran. Be happy we live in a democracy where only half the people will ever agree on anything :)

10. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    My thoughts is Pakistan must have a surplus of troops its looking to pear down...

But this is what happens when Democracy fails and a nation elects a pack of leftists... I suggest that Pakistan's government revist recent history and see what happens to governments which make war on the US and tie that understanding with the certainty that Governments which fire on US troops are making war on the US.

Spare me the nonsense about the US 'invading Pakistan.' President Bush made it clear that the US will go wherever our terrorist enemy is found and that we do not find a distinction between terrorists and those governmen which lend them safe harbor.