US Troop deaths reach lowest numbers in years

LuvRPgrl

Aug 11, 2005
http://icasualties.org/oif/

US troop casualties are achieving all time lows, as the surge, supported by the Republicans and President Bush, but either opposed or ignored by many major Democrats, has been working.

Iraqi security forces, although growing in numbers, has also seen a dramatic decline, as have Iraqi citizens.

CIties, that only two years ago, were deemed as unclaimable by coalition troops, have now been virtually ridden of Al Quiada.

US troop casualties are achieving all time lows, as the surge, supported by the Republicans and President Bush, but either opposed or ignored by many major Democrats, has been working.

Iraqi security forces, although growing in numbers, has also seen a dramatic decline, as have Iraqi citizens.

CIties, that only two years ago, were deemed as unclaimable by coalition troops, have now been virtually ridden of Al Quiada.

oh thats just great there is statiticaly less death and maiming than in the months past wow!!! lets have a party!!!

I suggest politely that you try to get both sides, or all three sides, etc, before you post pure propaganda venom. Thank you, citizen.

You somehow fail to mention that we have made NO progress on the political front in Iraq, only killing numbers have gone down... slightly. Overall, given the current situation in Southern Iraq, armed conflicts between Sunni factions, continued suicide bombings and large scale firefights, you cant come close to saying the situation has improved. Over 4000 troops dead, minimum of 25 000 injured (estimates ranging up to 100 000). And if we elect Obama, Hillary, McCain :)lol:), Giuliani, Huckabee or Romney, that isnt' going to end anytime before 2013. Those are the facts. Your Fox News rubbish isn't worth the government propaganda it spouts on a daily basis. Not that CNN is much better.

100,000 Civilian Deaths Estimated in Iraq

By Rob Stein
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, October 29, 2004; Page A16

One of the first attempts to independently estimate the loss of civilian life from the Iraqi war has concluded that at least 100,000 Iraqi civilians may have died because of the U.S. invasion.

The analysis, an extrapolation based on a relatively small number of documented deaths, indicated that many of the excess deaths have occurred due to aerial attacks by coalition forces, with women and children being frequent victims, wrote the international team of public health researchers making the calculations.

Pentagon officials say they do not keep tallies of civilian casualties, and a spokesman said yesterday there is no way to validate estimates by others. The spokesman said that the past 18 months of fighting in Iraq have been "prosecuted in the most precise fashion of any conflict in the history of modern warfare," and that "the loss of any innocent lives is a tragedy, something that Iraqi security forces and the multinational force painstakingly work to avoid."

Previous independent estimates of civilian deaths in Iraq were far lower, never exceeding 16,000. Other experts immediately challenged the new estimate, saying the small number of documented deaths upon which it was based make the conclusions suspect.

Yeah! It is about time but it sure wasn’t worth it.

By the way, major Democrats do acknowledge the surge:

Carl Levin,

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293815,00.html

John Murtha

http://www.today.com/view/news/murtha-the-surge-is-working/id-1185976/

Hillary Clinton

http://oxfordmedievalist.blogspot.com/2007/08/levin-clinton-acknowledge-surge-is.html

I suggest politely that you try to get both sides, or all three sides, etc, before you post pure propaganda venom. Thank you, citizen.

You somehow fail to mention that we have made NO progress on the political front in Iraq, only killing numbers have gone down... slightly. Overall, given the current situation in Southern Iraq, armed conflicts between Sunni factions, continued suicide bombings and large scale firefights, you cant come close to saying the situation has improved. Over 4000 troops dead, minimum of 25 000 injured (estimates ranging up to 100 000). And if we elect Obama, Hillary, McCain :)lol:), Giuliani, Huckabee or Romney, that isnt' going to end anytime before 2013. Those are the facts. Your Fox News rubbish isn't worth the government propaganda it spouts on a daily basis. Not that CNN is much better.

Well I would like to know where you get your information?! I just returned from my 4th tour in Iraq and I will tell you that the situation in Iraq has improved 10 times since I was wounded in SEP of 2006. Are there a lot of problem, YES, but I can honestly say that things are better. Im just going to say that I believe things will continue to get better. The people of Iraq are sick of AQ and are also starting to force an end to the violence between different factions. I warn you and all Americans that we are on the right path and if we run now we will be in big trouble in 10 years. AQ is testing the American people right now. If we fail we will regret it 10 fold in the future.

Well I would like to know where you get your information?! I just returned from my 4th tour in Iraq and I will tell you that the situation in Iraq has improved 10 times since I was wounded in SEP on 2006. Are there a lot of problem, YES, but I can honestly say that things are better. Im just going to say that I believe things will continue to get better. The people of Iraq are sick of Al Queda and are also starting to force an end to the violence between different factions. I warn you and all Americans that we are on the right path and if we run now we will be in big trouble in 10 years. AQ is testing the American people right now. If we fail we will regret it 10 fold in the future.

AQ's last stronghold left in Iraq is in Mosul. We have begun our offensive on that now. By early summer, AQ in Iraq will be a historic footnote.

And don't worry, we will still be in Iraq in a sizable way when your grandchildren will be graduating from high school...

Well I would like to know where you get your information?! I just returned from my 4th tour in Iraq and I will tell you that the situation in Iraq has improved 10 times since I was wounded in SEP of 2006. Are there a lot of problem, YES, but I can honestly say that things are better. Im just going to say that I believe things will continue to get better. The people of Iraq are sick of AQ and are also starting to force an end to the violence between different factions. I warn you and all Americans that we are on the right path and if we run now we will be in big trouble in 10 years. AQ is testing the American people right now. If we fail we will regret it 10 fold in the future.

How's the situation in Southern Iraq?

actually the all-time low was february 2004.
but why would accuracy mean anything to this troll?

How's the situation in Southern Iraq?

According to US News and World Report the death toll from sectarian violence in Basra in Dec was 2/3rd the death toll from gang violence in Los Angeles.

Time for the National Guard to take up station in LA, I guess....

According to US News and World Report the death toll from sectarian violence in Basra in Dec was 2/3rd the death toll from gang violence in Los Angeles.

Time for the National Guard to take up station in LA, I guess....

Population in Basra: 2,600,000
Population in LA: 3,800,000

And yes, the NATIONAL Guard is supposed to stay in LA, as opposed to get sent to another country. If the National Guard isn't in your nation anymore, I wonder if it's still considered the National Guard.

Population in Basra: 2,600,000
Population in LA: 3,800,000

And yes, the NATIONAL Guard is supposed to stay in LA, as opposed to get sent to another country. If the National Guard isn't in your nation anymore, I wonder if it's still considered the National Guard.

Less that 20% of the national guard is actually deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan at any given time.

Less that 20% of the national guard is actually deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan at any given time.

Why is it there at all? Isn't that the Army's and the Marines' job? Our troops are stretched so thin all over the world defending America's vast empire that they cant even muster the manpower to handle actual wars.

Why is it there at all? Isn't that the Army's and the Marines' job? Our troops are stretched so thin all over the world defending America's vast empire that they cant even muster the manpower to handle actual wars.

That;s a good point. The National Guard has been abused. We can thank the shortsighted thinking of Donald Rumsfeld for that fiasco. He created a brilliant force for shock and awe and it did exactly what is was supposed to do, eliminate the world's fourth largest standing army in 3 weeks.

But his huge draw down of manpower left virtually no lower end troops that you need for an occupational force. We really needed roughly 600,000 or so troops to adequately secure and occupy Iraq. He had that size of a force in the regular Army and Marines back in 1990. We had nowhere near that number in 2003 and Rumsfeld, in spite of warnings from his generals, refused to keep the numbers. Of course Congress jumped at the money savings from a smaller force.

But we have certainly have violated the spirit of the National Guard contract.

That;s a good point. The National Guard has been abused. We can thank the shortsighted thinking of Donald Rumsfeld for that fiasco. He created a brilliant force for shock and awe and it did exactly what is was supposed to do, eliminate the world's fourth largest standing army in 3 weeks.

But his huge draw down of manpower left virtually no lower end troops that you need for an occupational force. We really needed roughly 600,000 or so troops to adequately secure and occupy Iraq. He had that size of a force in the regular Army and Marines back in 1990. We had nowhere near that number in 2003 and Rumsfeld, in spite of warnings from his generals, refused to keep the numbers. Of course Congress jumped at the money savings from a smaller force.

But we have certainly have violated the spirit of the National Guard contract.

I agree with most of that. The war was wrong to begin with, but if you're going to do something, do it right instead of hanging around 10 years like in Vietnam while the enemy chips away our soldiers 4 here, 1 there, 7 in a suicide bomb, 2 in a firefight.

Well let me ask you this: Why is our Army and Marine Corp so stretched? Our military was destroyed over the 90's and it will take more then a decade to replace and build it up to were it needs to be. Until then the reserves and N.G. are going to have to help out. As far as the south of Iraq I will let you know when I get back!

Well let me ask you this: Why is our Army and Marine Corp so stretched? Our military was destroyed over the 90's and it will take more then a decade to replace and build it up to were it needs to be. Until then the reserves and N.G. are going to have to help out. As far as the south of Iraq I will let you know when I get back!

Our army and marine corp are overstretched because Bush sent them to occupy Iraq and over-rotated them.... for a war of choice we didn't need to have.

So everyone can pack up and go home now? Good show!

Forum List

Back