US Trade Deficit Soars To Record High As Exports Tumble

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'The October advanced trade balance (deficit) of goods worsened to $77.2 billion ($77.0 billion expected) from $76.3 billion in September.

• Imports rose 0.1% in Oct. to $217.764b from $217.554b in Sept.
  • Exports fell 0.6% in Oct. to $140.517b from $141.303b in Sept.
This is a new record high deficit for Trump's America...'

When is Trump and his Trumpbots going to get it through their macroeconomically ignorant heads...trade wars NEVER work?

They NEVER have for America. And they NEVER will...guaranteed.

All they do is save a few jobs, cost a TON more and raise prices for consumers.

'The October advanced trade balance (deficit) of goods worsened to $77.2 billion ($77.0 billion expected) from $76.3 billion in September.

When is Trump and his Trumpbots going to get it through their macroeconomically ignorant heads...trade wars NEVER work?

Do the Canadians with their dairy tariff know this?

Mark

I guess we need more massive, wealth destroying tariffs and subsidies :dunno:

Tariffs are good for other countries but not for the USA? Is that the libtard version?

Tariffs are good for other countries but not for the USA? Is that the libtard version?
Tariffs are terrible for other countries. They’re a major reason why the EU has a lower GDP than us, despite having hundreds of millions more people. Note that before Trump’s retarded tariffs, we had successfully become the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the history of mankind. We’d be even more wealthy and powerful without the tariffs used before the dotard came in.

Trade deficit is a nothing statistic....You have the same "trade deficit" with the gas station and grocery store, and nobody is any worse the wear for it.
^ this, my friends, is an example of the pigeon shitting all over the chess board

Trade deficit is a nothing statistic....You have the same "trade deficit" with the gas station and grocery store, and nobody is any worse the wear for it.
^ this, my friends, is an example of the pigeon shitting all over the chess board
^This, my friends, is a classic example of projection.
Trump spends his entire Presidency obsessing over shrinking the trade deficit; when it’s clear he’s completely failed, the board shitting pigeon declares deficits don’t matter and therefore Trump has won.

Mark

Show me a link to unbiased, factual proof that the Canadian dairy tariff has helped the Canadian economy more than it has hurt it?

I guarantee you that you cannot.

All tariffs are wrong...they do nothing but raise prices, hurt competition, cost jobs overall and prop up businesses that should not be propped up.

Fine...prove it with unbiased, factual proof...

or your statement means nothing.

Mark

Show me a link to unbiased, factual proof that the Canadian dairy tariff has helped the Canadian economy more than it has hurt it?

All tariffs are wrong...they do nothing but raise prices, hurt competition, cost jobs overall and prop up businesses that should not be propped up.

Of course it helps them. Their farmers get paid. And it certainly hurts us.

Trump has stated that any country that wants completely free trade with us has a deal...immediately. SO why aren't these countries lining up to do these deals?

Mark

Mark

Maybe, maybe not. When you are competing with people that make a dime a day, stripping your own country of those workers do more harm then good. Especially if they need welfare to survive.

Mark

Fine...prove it with unbiased, factual proof...

or your statement means nothing.
The example proves itself....Does the gas station or grocery store ever buy anything from you?...Are you any worse off for it?

Because it means more money for trump and his friends.

Tariffs are terrible for other countries. They’re a major reason why the EU has a lower GDP than us, despite having hundreds of millions more people. Note that before Trump’s retarded tariffs, we had successfully become the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the history of mankind. We’d be even more wealthy and powerful without the tariffs used before the dotard came in.
So you will join me in telling Canada to fuck off with their 300% tariffs on dairy products from the USA?

Mark

Of course it helps them. Their farmers get paid. And it certainly hurts us.

Trump has stated that any country that wants completely free trade with us has a deal...immediately. SO why aren't these countries lining up to do these deals?

Mark

I don't care what Trump says. And you should not blindly believe ANY politicians.

So you have no proof...just Trump's word.

Plus, it might help the farmers - or not as by doing this, Canadian farmers will have more trouble exporting their dairy products. But it also means they can charge more for dairy products - which makes the cost of living higher for Canadians.

Everyone gets hurt.

So you will join me in telling Canada to fuck off with their 300% tariffs on dairy products from the USA?

They don't run 300% on all dairy products...ignoramus. And no, I disagree with their tariffs as well.

Here are something you seem to lack on this...facts:

'Despite Canadian barriers, in fact, the US last year ran a $474 million trade surplus in dairy with Canada: It exported $636 million in dairy products to Canada and imported $162 million, according to the US Department of Agriculture.

And dairy is barely a blip – 0.1% – in US-Canada trade, which amounted to $680 billion last year. As a result of the North American Free Trade Agreement, “99% of the trade between Canada and the US is tariff-free,” said Bruce Heyman, former US ambassador to Canada. Overall, the US ran a nearly $3 billion surplus in goods and services trade with Canada last year.'

FACT CHECK: Trump partly right on Canada's dairy tariffs

And the US has a $3 billion trade surplus with Canada.

Fuck, you Trumpbots are the most ignorant hicks I have ever seen.
You blindly believe whatever Trump tells you without even checking if it is true.
No wonder most of you sound so uneducated/stupid/weak.

Class dismissed.

Have a more educated day.

They don't run 300% on all dairy products...ignoramus. And no, I disagree with their tariffs as well.

Here are something you seem to lack on this...facts:

'Despite Canadian barriers, in fact, the US last year ran a $474 million trade surplus in dairy with Canada: It exported $636 million in dairy products to Canada and imported $162 million, according to the US Department of Agriculture.

And dairy is barely a blip – 0.1% – in US-Canada trade, which amounted to $680 billion last year. As a result of the North American Free Trade Agreement, “99% of the trade between Canada and the US is tariff-free,” said Bruce Heyman, former US ambassador to Canada. Overall, the US ran a nearly $3 billion surplus in goods and services trade with Canada last year.'

FACT CHECK: Trump partly right on Canada's dairy tariffs

And the US has a $3 billion trade surplus with Canada.

Fuck, you Trumpbots are the most ignorant hicks I have ever seen.
You blindly believe whatever Trump tells you without even checking if it is true.
No wonder most of you sound so uneducated/stupid/weak.

Class dismissed.

Have a more educated day.

Fuck you!

Checking Trump on Canada's 270% tariff on milk

To me the problem with crybaby trumps trade war is the way it is run. He was not smart enough to understand that you don't declare a trade war with the rest of the world. Pick China and leave the rest till china comes around. But what Trump is doing is to destroy the world economy and you and I will be the ones to suffer. It might have made more sense if when giving a tax cut that was not needed and is now exploding the deficit that he would not have made it more finically benificial to move jobs to other countries. It is very apparent that he is not a good businessman. Although he is good at filing bankruptcy. As he stated when the bill comes due I will not be president.

Forum List

Back