US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

Great point... I'm surprised jillian, Dante, Ravi, rightwinger aren't having a fit with this when the money could be going to a better cause.

Oh that's right it's Obama doing this... not a Republican... I get it now.

I forget that they are hypocrites.

Says the asshat who could care less about the $1 BILLION/day it costs us to occupy Iraq. Hypocrite much?

Well, show everyone here that you are not a hypocrite and say this trip is not justified...

Who are you to decide whether this trip is justified or not?

Lots of Homeless and Jobless could be fed and housed with all that cash no? What a shame. :(

Great point... I'm surprised jillian, Dante, Ravi, rightwinger aren't having a fit with this when the money could be going to a better cause.

Says the asshat who could care less about the $1 BILLION/day it costs us to occupy Iraq. Hypocrite much?
Hey idiot, that is war, this is just obama going back to his roots and kissing ass and probably apologizing for America again.

No one should be condoning this awful excess. I mean no one. Period.

Where's the "excess"?

What is the money being spent on, that you don't agree with?
40 jet aircraft?

Two helicopters, disassembled and shipped back and forth?

Something on the order of 500 hotel rooms for an entourage of hundreds, if not thousands?

How can anyone in their right mind not see that as excessive?

This trip could probably be handled differently. This does seem excessive. With record numbers of people living in Poverty,this trip does seem to be in poor taste. Hopefully they'll reconsider and scale it back a bit.

Lots of Homeless and Jobless could be fed and housed with all that cash no? What a shame. :(

is obie wan spending that kind of money? I thought he pulled the troops out of Iraq?

Where's the "excess"?

40 jet aircraft?

Something on the order of 500 hotel rooms for an entourage of hundreds, if not thousands?

Easy, they have no minds!

Clinton set a record travel expenses, then Bush topped Clinton with a new record. Obama will likely set a new record and then Palin will set another record.

Last edited:

Where's the "excess"?

40 jet aircraft?

I'll admit this is excessive as soon as you show me some proof that this isn't standard procedure for Presidential visits to dangerous places...

Bush spent 1/3 of his presidency in either Crawford or Camp David.

And all of the time that he spent in those two locations didn't cost anywhere near what one day of Obama's trip is costing us.

look in all seriousness, there was a knock down drag out terrorist attack in Mumbai 2 years ago, so security is what it is, but 200 million a DAY? whatever the cost of getting them there is one thing, I am all for it, but whats the day to day cost of 200 million covering? I cannot even fathom that.

Last edited:
And what about the environment????? Do you know how much CO2 is going to be emitted into the air during this trip????

Once again, everyone else needs to be aware of their carbon footprint but the President and his 2000 friends are free to do what they want....

More hypocrisy from the left.... BIG Surprise... LOL

200 million a day? And what were the "big numbers" the Obama team claimed were vast sums of Medicare Fraud -- 3 million or something??

Otay. We pay the 200 million for Obama to go over there.

Does that mean we have to bring him back to the States or can we just leave him over there?

Where's the "excess"?

40 jet aircraft?

I'll admit this is excessive as soon as you show me some proof that this isn't standard procedure for Presidential visits to dangerous places...

Let's visit the purpose of the visit in context with the expense:

Barack Obama, who became the first US president to personally celebrate Diwali in the historic East Room in 2009, wanted to "specifically" celebrate the festival of lights with Indians, the White House has said.

"He (Obama) specifically wanted to have an opportunity to celebrate Diwali and to do so with the Indian people, getting beyond simply his official business," Jeff Bader, Senior Director for Asia Affairs at the National Security Council, White House, said.

Obamas wanted to celebrate Diwali in India

We're spending $200M per day so he can light a lantern and watch some school children dance. I'm pretty sure the DC public school kids can bust a pretty good move for a hell of a lot cheaper trip.

Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back