US to leave 10,000 troops in Afghanistan past 2014

Not going to answer the question?

(smile) Deflection I expected him to keep his word.

That would be a foreign concept to those like you with zero integrity.

You don't like me using his words to make look stupid?

I don't give a crap about the politics, we're wasting time, money, and lives over there. Can't see any benefits for us that is worth it.

Personally? I agree with you.

Afghanistan's a rock. Nothing there.

Hmmmm, not entirely true.
The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world, the United States officials believe.

An internal Pentagon memo, for example, states that Afghanistan could become the “Saudi Arabia of lithium,” a key raw material in the manufacture of batteries for laptops and BlackBerrys.

The vast scale of Afghanistan’s mineral wealth was discovered by a small team of Pentagon officials and American geologists. The Afghan government and President Hamid Karzai were recently briefed, American officials said.

While it could take many years to develop a mining industry, the potential is so great that officials and executives in the industry believe it could attract heavy investment even before mines are profitable, providing the possibility of jobs that could distract from generations of war.
U.S. Identifies Vast Mineral Riches in Afghanistan - NYTimes.com

Time for a new conspiracy theory methinks.

I don't give a crap about the politics, we're wasting time, money, and lives over there. Can't see any benefits for us that is worth it.

The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world, the United States officials believe.

An internal Pentagon memo, for example, states that Afghanistan could become the “Saudi Arabia of lithium,” a key raw material in the manufacture of batteries for laptops and BlackBerrys.

The vast scale of Afghanistan’s mineral wealth was discovered by a small team of Pentagon officials and American geologists. The Afghan government and President Hamid Karzai were recently briefed, American officials said.

While it could take many years to develop a mining industry, the potential is so great that officials and executives in the industry believe it could attract heavy investment even before mines are profitable, providing the possibility of jobs that could distract from generations of war.

So, you think maybe we're leaving troops in Afghanistan that might help us make some money in mining? If true, all I can think of is Dick Cheney, how will the left be able to blame this on him?

So, you think maybe we're leaving troops in Afghanistan that might help us make some money in mining? If true, all I can think of is Dick Cheney, how will the left be able to blame this on him?

As much as it pains me to say this I think we just need to come home.

I also don't think we should ever fight another war unless we fight it to win.

So, if a commander makes a recommendation, that should not have influence on the President. I suspect you would have not given The Supreme Warlord this grief over Iraq in 2007.

What will happen is this. NATO and the USA will not agree to the Status of Force agreements Afghanistan will want: namely, to try NATO and American soldiers in Afghani courts for crimes against Afghani citizens.

The same thing happened with Iraq and we brought our troops home.

[BSome 10,000 US troops will remain in Afghanistan after NATO combat operations end at the end of 2014, US media reports said Sunday. The plan is in line with recommendations from General John Allen, commander of ISAF forces in Afghanistan.][/B]

US to leave 10,000 troops in Afghanistan past 2014 - AFGHANISTAN - FRANCE 24

The Boy King lied again.

No, I don't think that at all.
But it makes a great conspiracy theory doesn't it?

I am bashing Obama for lying, its just that simple.

You haven't proven he was lying. Changing your mind isn't lying.

Um, yes...yes it is.

He made a campaign promise, he broke it...he lied.

Sorry.

Obummer just like Bushwacker has lied about everything he said he would do once he got into office.He has expanded everything that Bush got started.This is a video everyone should watch.I have it in my link under must see video. I love how people have the ignorant assumption that Obama has ended the war in afghanistan and Iraq.If they knew the true facts that you just posted,they would no better.

Last edited by a moderator:
He lied, deal with it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Everybody should be aware of this fraud.He has done nothing but lie since he got in office.He said while he was senator if he became president he would vote against the patriot act if he became president,soon as he was sworn in,he shortly reversed himself voting to reinstate it.He then expanded it on new years day with the NADA he signed which again,is an expansion of the patriot act.

Last edited:
Jake, the thread isn't about commander recommendations, its about Obama lying...which as I have shown in his own words he did.

A) We still have forces in Iraq
B) Both wars have been mishandled and we should just drop everything and bring the forces home.

So, if a commander makes a recommendation, that should not have influence on the President. I suspect you would have not given The Supreme Warlord this grief over Iraq in 2007.

What will happen is this. NATO and the USA will not agree to the Status of Force agreements Afghanistan will want: namely, to try NATO and American soldiers in Afghani courts for crimes against Afghani citizens.

[BSome 10,000 US troops will remain in Afghanistan after NATO combat operations end at the end of 2014, US media reports said Sunday. The plan is in line with recommendations from General John Allen, commander of ISAF forces in Afghanistan.][/B]

The Boy King lied again.

Some moron in this thread really said "Changing your mind isn't lying"?

Holy shit, were all doomed.

Last edited:
Obama has not lied at all; those are the voices in your head talking to you, Roo.

The forces will come home, because we will not accept the SOFA the Afghanis will want if your troops were to stay.

You have lost this argument: it does not play on the national level at all.

Jake, the thread isn't about commander recommendations, its about Obama lying...which as I have shown in his own words he did.

B) Both wars have been mishandled and we should just drop everything and bring the forces home.

The Boy King lied again.

The Boy King lied again.

talking to jake is the same thing as talking to a brick wall.gets you nowhere.

Forum List

Back