US Temp Data Shows Cooling Since 1895

We where just coming out of the little ice age that lasted from 1350-1850 at that time. I seriously doubt we can be cooler today then in 1895. Also to back this up with facts: much of the pacific northwest cities like Portland where getting years that had 60-70 inches of snow a year within the 1890s. Today we would be lucky to get a 2 inch avg and back in the 1940s-1950's Portland got 8-10 inches per year on avg and 1950 had 40 inches, 1969 30 plus...So it has been decreasing the avg amount of snow. The east coast where also getting more snow overall with the storms like 1899??? That shut cities like new york down for many days if not weeks.

Yes the 1930-1940's within the United states was very warm indeed with 1934 being the hottest year on record, but the coldest of the 19th century and the pictures of rivers covered with ice within the 18th tells a different story then this is.

Last edited:
Last edited:
And that site is from Stephen Goddard, a proven liar. Here is the evidence for that statement;

Steve Goddard’s Snowjob The Whiteboard

Introduction

In the last several weeks, Steve Goddard has posted a series of threads on WUWT on Northern Hemisphere snow cover extent. (see here and here and here and here.) In one entitled North American snow models miss the mark – observed trend opposite of the predictions, Goddard uses data from Rutger’s Global Snow Lab to claim that the latest 22-year trend for Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) in the Northern Hemisphere invalidates the CMIP3 modeling of snow extent as presented by Frei and Gong in 2005 in their paper Decadal to Century Scale Trends in North American Snow Extent in Coupled Atmosphere-Ocean General Circulation Models. This paper is summarized at a Columbia University web page Will Climate Change Affect Snow Cover Over North America?

Yes you read that correctly. The US has been in a long cooling trend since 1895...then the alarmists got their hands on the data and voila it's warming!

US Thermometer Readings Show Cooling Since 1895 – Before Adjustments | Real Science

Sure, liar. That is why are all of our glaciers are in rapid retreat? Why will Glacier National Park have no glaciers by midcentury. Lordy, telling such silly lies that anyone can check and show to be complete crap.

LMAO............one thing I'll say for the fcukking k00ks..............they never tire of getting publically pwned!!!

Yo Rocks......................

tokyo-4-festival-p-073_3-3.jpg

Yes you read that correctly. The US has been in a long cooling trend since 1895...then the alarmists got their hands on the data and voila it's warming!

US Thermometer Readings Show Cooling Since 1895 – Before Adjustments | Real Science

Sure, liar. That is why are all of our glaciers are in rapid retreat? Why will Glacier National Park have no glaciers by midcentury. Lordy, telling such silly lies that anyone can check and show to be complete crap.

Because the ice age that put them there ended long ago, and they have been melting ever since.

Anyone who has ever watched ice melts knows, as it melts the process speeds up.

just sayin :)

Because the ice age that put them there ended long ago, and they have been melting ever since.

Anyone who has ever watched ice melt knows, as it gets colder since 1895 the process speeds up.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Last edited:

Thanks westwall. I followed a few of the links from your post and learned a lot about the UHI fiasco in China by Jones. I really can't understand how the alarmists can cover their eyes and ears to the ever expanding pile of evidence that shows global temps are distorted beyond recognition. Or plug their noses to the stench of impropriety coming from certain scientists like Jones who continue to hide malfeasance.

Thanks westwall. I followed a few of the links from your post and learned a lot about the UHI fiasco in China by Jones. I really can't understand how the alarmists can cover their eyes and ears to the ever expanding pile of evidence that shows global temps are distorted beyond recognition. Or plug their noses to the stench of impropriety coming from certain scientists like Jones who continue to hide malfeasance.

Because they don't want to think that maybe they have been led down the primrose path. No one likes to admit when they have been conned. That's why con artists can keep going like the energizer bunny.

Because they don't want to think that maybe they have been led down the primrose path. No one likes to admit when they have been conned. That's why con artists can keep going like the energizer bunny.

Yes. Although I am starting to think there are a lot of scientists who are willing to look away because their paycheque depends on the AGW catastrophe media tour. Sad for science.

I'm a believer in the little ice age that lasted from 1350-1850 and had global temperatures of -1c to -1.5c colder then today from 1600-1750. The facts through scientific research and pictures and eye witness, letters make it impossible to say the 19th century was warmer then today. The solar output of the mid 19th century was not nearly that of 1920-1950 time period for a natural period of the late 19th century to be warmer then it either.

The climate was -.5c to -.7 colder then today in the last decade of the 19th century. No other research including local temperature data supports this guy.

So
1# Far lower solar forcing during the 19th century then the mid 20th. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Temp-sunspot-co2.svg 50 in the late 19th to near 100 by 1950. Also this clearly shows it even better with the solar forcing-> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/17/Solar_Forcing_GISS_model.gif
2# 5-8 times more snow throughout parts of the US
3# Longer growing seasons during the 19th century, 1810's had years that snowed in summer.

Last edited:

No, they have not been receding ever since. During some colder periods they have expanded. Just sayin' that you should do a little research rather than just running off your mouth concerning matters about which you have no knowledge.

Global glacier retreat

Recent Global Glacier Retreat Overview
In recent years I have been asked to write the section on Glacier and Ice Sheets for the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society Annual State of the Climate report, for example BAMS State of the Climate 2008 or 2009. This forces me to keep up with investigations of glacier terminus change around the globe. This article documents some of the observations. In historic times, glaciers grew during the Little Ice Age, a cool period from about 1550 to 1850. Subsequently, until about 1940, glaciers around the world retreated as climate warmed. Glacier recession declined and reversed, in many cases, from 1950 to 1980 as a slight global cooling occurred. Since 1980, glacier retreat has become increasingly rapid and ubiquitous, so much so that it has threatened the existence of many of the glaciers of the world [1]. This process has increased markedly since 1995, leading to such bizarre steps as covering sections of Austrian alpine glaciers with plastic to retard melting. The World Glacier Monitoring Service [2] has noted 19 consecutive years of negative mass balances, that is volume losses. If a business had 19consecutive losing years they would be bankrupt. This can lead to the disappearance of a glacier as seen below with Milk Lake Glacier and Lewis Glacier, North Cascades, Washington. Which melted away between 1988 and 1995, creating Milk Lake. It also raises the need to forecast survival of individual smaller alpine glaciers.

I have been to many of the glaciers this article covers. And have seen, personally, the recession of these glaciers since 1972.

No, they have not been receding ever since. During some colder periods they have expanded. Just sayin' that you should do a little research rather than just running off your mouth concerning matters about which you have no knowledge.

Global glacier retreat

In recent years I have been asked to write the section on Glacier and Ice Sheets for the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society Annual State of the Climate report, for example BAMS State of the Climate 2008 or 2009. This forces me to keep up with investigations of glacier terminus change around the globe. This article documents some of the observations. In historic times, glaciers grew during the Little Ice Age, a cool period from about 1550 to 1850. Subsequently, until about 1940, glaciers around the world retreated as climate warmed. Glacier recession declined and reversed, in many cases, from 1950 to 1980 as a slight global cooling occurred. Since 1980, glacier retreat has become increasingly rapid and ubiquitous, so much so that it has threatened the existence of many of the glaciers of the world [1]. This process has increased markedly since 1995, leading to such bizarre steps as covering sections of Austrian alpine glaciers with plastic to retard melting. The World Glacier Monitoring Service [2] has noted 19 consecutive years of negative mass balances, that is volume losses. If a business had 19consecutive losing years they would be bankrupt. This can lead to the disappearance of a glacier as seen below with Milk Lake Glacier and Lewis Glacier, North Cascades, Washington. Which melted away between 1988 and 1995, creating Milk Lake. It also raises the need to forecast survival of individual smaller alpine glaciers.

I have been to many of the glaciers this article covers. And have seen, personally, the recession of these glaciers since 1972.

Sure there have been some periods of expansion as you say, But over all since the end of the last ice age they have been receding.

Do you deny that?

Oh and I guess we just have to take you word for it that you have visited many of these glaciers eh.

I'm a believer in the little ice age that lasted from 1350-1850 and had global temperatures of -1c to -1.5c colder then today from 1600-1750. The facts through scientific research and pictures and eye witness, letters make it impossible to say the 19th century was warmer then today. The solar output of the mid 19th century was not nearly that of 1920-1950 time period for a natural period of the late 19th century to be warmer then it either.

The climate was -.5c to -.7 colder then today in the last decade of the 19th century. No other research including local temperature data supports this guy.

So
1# Far lower solar forcing during the 19th century then the mid 20th. File:Temp-sunspot-co2.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 50 in the late 19th to near 100 by 1950. Also this clearly shows it even better with the solar forcing-> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/17/Solar_Forcing_GISS_model.gif
2# 5-8 times more snow throughout parts of the US
3# Longer growing seasons during the 19th century, 1810's had years that snowed in summer.[/QUOTE]

That was due to the eruption of Tambora. 1816, otherwise known and Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death.

Tambora
What?
In 1816, the overal temperature on Earth, specifically in the Northern Hemisphere, lowered so drastically that it became known as the year without a summer. Weather was disturbed all over, with problems in Western Europe and the United States, as well as Asia. Monsoon season was affected, which is thought to also be tied to a cholera epidemic that year. In places like New England and Canada, frost was recorded in every month of the year, and snow fell in June. This phenomenon is known as global cooling.

The summer temperatures in 1816 averaged just a few degrees below normal, but as mentioned, it frosted throughout the summer. The highs were still close to 100 degreed Fahrenheit on some days. However, the cold spells, especially at night, cause massive crop failure, and, as a result, even more famine.

Global glacier retreat

Sure there have been some periods of expansion as you say, But over all since the end of the last ice age they have been receding.

Do you deny that?

Oh and I guess we just have to take you word for it that you have visited many of these glaciers eh.

The primary driver of the glacial cycles is the Milankovic Cycles. By those cycles, the glaciers should either be expanding, or holding even.

Since this is an ananamous internet board, you just have to take my word for the fact that I even exist.:razz:

Last edited:

Yes it has and today does NOT reflect that (its too hot)

No, if the US had been cooling since 1895, we would not have seen the number of glaciers in Glacier National Park decrease from over 150 to 27 at present. We would not be seeing the recession of the glaciers in the North Cascades. And if you really want to see the effects of the warming in the US, look at the pictures of the glaciers on the Cascadian Volcanos for the last 100 years.

Global glacier retreat

Do you deny that?

The primary driver of the glacial cycles is the Milankovic Cycles. By those cycles, the glaciers should either be expanding, or holding even.

Since this is an ananamous internet board, you just have to take my word for the fact that I even exist.:razz:

For all I know you could be a computer program wrote by Chris :)

Forum List

Back