US Supreme Court Pisses on Dead US Soldiers

Who got the decision right, Alito or the 8 weenies??

• Alito has it right, there are in fact limits on free speech

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • The 8 pukes have it right, free speech is free speech, with no boundaries

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
The supremes voted 8 - 1 to disrespect dead US servicemen and in favor of talking ass-wipes. Not only that, but the dead soldiers family needs to pay for the ass-wipes' legal fees. They gave a son's life to defend the USSC and the US, and only Alito got the opinion right.

Westboro Funeral Pickets Are Protected Speech, High Court Rules - FoxNews.com

Lets do a poll on who got it right, Alito or the pukes.

I don't see how imposing a restraining order of 500 yards, as a consideration of the noise pollution, is a violation of Freedom of Speech???

You guy's are arguing against your own better judgement. :razz:

The nobility of the Ministry of Truth has rotted your capacity to reason. :lol:

I believe that free speech should be respected but I can't believe that somebody could be a big enough asshole to disrupt somebody's funeral - especially when that someone died protecting your free speech rights.

I don't see how imposing a restraining order of 500 yards, as a consideration of the noise pollution, is a violation of Freedom of Speech???
That wasn't what the case was about. The distance restrictions will still be in place, set locally, as they should be.

Free speech does have its boundaries and I think WBC crosses that boundary. However, should this case be one that further limits our speech? I'm not so sure it should be. I'd have to read more of the opinion than I did and know more of the facts.

BUT I WOULD BE DAMNED IF I ORDERED THE FAMILY OF THE SOLDIER TO PAY FOR WBC's COURT COSTS.

Immie

The supremes voted 8 - 1 to disrespect dead US servicemen and in favor of talking ass-wipes. Not only that, but the dead soldiers family needs to pay for the ass-wipes' legal fees. They gave a son's life to defend the USSC and the US, and only Alito got the opinion right.

Guess what? The dead soldiers died for the right to speak freely. No matter how offensive. So the majority got it right.

I hate those bastards. They hate me as a liberal, I meant them while in school. They are really no one's friend.

But I respect their right to freedom of speech. Just like the right to collective bargain, the government gives those rights to everyone. You can't take them away because you hate someone's opinion. If they obey the police perimeters, protest peacefully with no violence, they should have the right to do it.

I am a veteran myself, and as much as I hate it, the supreme court got it right. Free speech is protected, even as unpopular speech as it is. If this would have went the other way then knuckleheads like Obama could outlaw Tea Party rallies. Open your mind up and think outside the box man. As much as we all hate the westboro baptist church, even there hateful progressive rhetoric speech is protected also.

I believe that free speech should be respected but I can't believe that somebody could be a big enough asshole to disrupt somebody's funeral - especially when that someone died protecting your free speech rights.

Personal freedoms bring personal responsibility.
The responsibilty show good judgement and respect for others must be one of the most important.

I hate those bastards. They hate me as a liberal, I meant them while in school. They are really no one's friend.

But I respect their right to freedom of speech. Just like the right to collective bargain, the government gives those rights to everyone. You can't take them away because you hate someone's opinion. If they obey the police perimeters, protest peacefully with no violence, they should have the right to do it.

It's okay for the private sector to collective bargain. It's not okay for public employees to take my money and buy their politician to vote against my interests. Not in a million years.

To be honest, I think Westboro was a leftwing plant for this reason, they wanted the court to go the other way but it didn't, if the supreme court would have outlawed this, they would have outlawed any type of decent in America when it comes to petitioning the government for a redress in grievance. This was a good decision by the court. Free speech applies to all, and free speech was given to us to protect unpopular speech, not popular speech. I give the SC kudos on this one.

To be honest, I think Westboro was a leftwing plant for this reason, they wanted the court to go the other way but it didn't, if the supreme court would have outlawed this, they would have outlawed any type of decent in America when it comes to petitioning the government for a redress in grievance. This was a good decision by the court. Free speech applies to all, and free speech was given to us to protect unpopular speech, not popular speech. I give the SC kudos on this one.

Excellent, a new conspiracy theory!

Right, free speech, just don't play your radio too loud in a public park or honk your car horn on the wrong street. It's bullshit bought and paid for.

Protecting funerals for military personnel against protesters is hardly a crack in the 1st Amendment. There should be limits of 1-mile or more, then they could have all the free speech they want. Its not the speech, its disrespecting the dead soldiers.
Keep the speech, but put a large enough buffer to protect the rights of privacy of others.

Guess what? The dead soldiers died for the right to speak freely. No matter how offensive. So the majority got it right.

I don't know why, but you are the last person on site that I expected to read something like this from.

Hmmm!! Is someone else sitting at Willow's computer? Fess up!!!!!! :razz:

Immie

Forum List

Back