US Sues Az.

And where there is a Constitution which gives specific enforcement powers to Washington, states will get struck down when they try to interfere. Tough shit Sherlock.

What part of Section 287(g) are you not understanding? The USG has enlisted the help of local and state LEO since 1995. Obama doesn't like that policy though.

Yes, the U.S. government often uses state and local law enforcement when they comply with federal policy. Here, however, Arizona is trying to impose their own immigration policies on the federal government. It has nothing to do with the officers on the ground. It has everything to do with who is setting the policies. State governments don't get to set policies telling the feds how to run the immigration business. It's that simple. That's why this thing will not stand.

No they aren't asswipe. They are trying to get something done. Something the federal government has refused to do.

What part of Section 287(g) are you not understanding? The USG has enlisted the help of local and state LEO since 1995. Obama doesn't like that policy though.

Yes, the U.S. government often uses state and local law enforcement when they comply with federal policy. Here, however, Arizona is trying to impose their own immigration policies on the federal government. It has nothing to do with the officers on the ground. It has everything to do with who is setting the policies. State governments don't get to set policies telling the feds how to run the immigration business. It's that simple. That's why this thing will not stand.

No they aren't asswipe. They are trying to get something done. Something the federal government has refused to do.

Yes, they're trying to get something done, something the federal government has refused to do. I agree with you there. However, they're imposing their own immigration enforcement directives here and expecting the federal government to comply with them. Wouldn't you agree that that's the whole reason why this law was passed?

Yes, they're trying to get something done, something the federal government has refused to do. I agree with you there. However, they're imposing their own immigration enforcement directives here and expecting the federal government to comply with them. Wouldn't you agree that that's the whole reason why this law was passed?

Wouldn't it be cool if one of those innocent cartels killed a police force or better yet an entire town? That would be awesome! Screw those people in Arizona for fearing for their lives!:clap2: Ok fine strike down what Arizona put forth but then what? Can anyone please answer this?

No, I do not agree. I think they passed it to call the world's attention to the impotency of the federal government in maintaining the soverinty of this nation by securing her borders. Arizona can no longer fund federally mandated unfunded policy. Brewer spelled it out. Arizona is forced to educate, medicate, and incarcerate illegals and they cannot affort to do it as it will bankrupt the state. And obie wan took the bait. It will end up before the Supreme Court. That's why most controversial laws of this nature are written. In the hopes they will be hammered out in the Supreme Court. See ya there.

No, I do not agree. I think they passed it to call the world's attention to the impotency of the federal government in maintaining the soverinty of this nation by securing her borders. Arizona can no longer fund federally mandated unfunded policy. Brewer spelled it out. Arizona is forced to educate, medicate, and incarcerate illegals and they cannot affort to do it as it will bankrupt the state. And obie wan took the bait. It will end up before the Supreme Court. That's why most controversial laws of this nature are written. In the hopes they will be hammered out in the Supreme Court. See ya there.

Arizona's real world burdens do not give it the authority to seize federal powers. You'll see. This is going to be an open-and-shut case.

Legitimate budgetary concerns do not give a state license to pass an unconstitutional law. You'll see. This is going to be an open-and-shut case. Arizona's real world burdens do not give it the authority to seize federal powers.

so there is no reason what so fucking ever to even have states and especially states who pay good money for taxes and get zero fucking federal protection on their borders.. I get it now..

Wouldn't it be cool if one of those innocent cartels killed a police force or better yet an entire town? That would be awesome! Screw those people in Arizona for fearing for their lives!:clap2: Ok fine strike down what Arizona put forth but then what? Can anyone please answer this?

I can answer for ya. Libturds don't give a shit about Real American citizens.

Legitimate budgetary concerns do not give a state license to pass an unconstitutional law. You'll see. This is going to be an open-and-shut case. Arizona's real world burdens do not give it the authority to seize federal powers.

so there is no reason what so fucking ever to even have states and especially states who pay good money for taxes and get zero fucking federal protection on their borders.. I get it now..

Hey, I completely agree with what you're saying about border security being fucked up, but your post is dead-on there. As much as we might like to be able to seize border enforcement powers from the fucked up federal government, the Constitution says we can't, even when we're paying good money for taxes.

Hey, I completely agree with what you're saying about border security being fucked up, but your post is dead-on there. As much as we might like to be able to seize border enforcement powers from the fucked up federal government, the Constitution says we can't, even when we're paying good money for taxes.

Then perhaps Arizona should withold it's taxes. End handouts in all forms to illegals. They will leave and everybody is happy.. Good solution.

That does not change the fact that Arizona is interfering in an area where the Constitution gives sole regulatory authority to the federal government. It's a purely constitutional question and there is absolutely no doubt that states have no authority over immigration.

so if the federal govt wont do the regulating they are mandated to do.....what are the states affected by this supposed to do?.....nothing?...

JohnsonCityPress.com - Local News - Johnson City, TN

It's time to put those behind this lawsuit out of office. Starting with State Sen. Russell Pearce.

Wow we are really going to waste tax money fighting the arizona law instead of using the same tax money to get more enforcement to their border in order to take care of the origins of the law coming to pass.

And people wonder why there is so much dissatisfaction with washington.

Code:
That does not change the fact that Arizona is interfering in an area where the Constitution gives sole regulatory authority to the federal government. It's a purely constitutional question and there is absolutely no doubt that states have no authority over immigration.

so if the federal govt wont do the regulating they are mandated to do.....what are the states affected by this supposed to do?.....nothing?...

Take up the issue in Congress.

Code:

Take care of the issue on their own until the federal government performs its constitutional responsibility to protect the border. It is their right as a state.

One thing....remember the MLK birthday celebration thing in Arizona. How did that turn out?

so Arizona back then bowed to political correctness....your state just like the other 49 never suffered by allowing MLK's birthday....but just like my State Zona your state is suffering by allowing Illegal immigration to go unchecked....two different situations....if the feds do not do the job they are supposed to do Zona....what the hell should the states do?...I applaud your State for having the balls to do this,because its making those useless pieces of shit in DC HAVE to now actually do something....or its going to get worse if they dont....

And where there is a Constitution which gives specific enforcement powers to Washington, states will get struck down when they try to interfere. Tough shit Sherlock.

and if Washington does not start enforcing those laws, things just may get worse for Washington....and then its tough shit Washington...

no i dont agree with that....i feel they did this to get Washington to actually get off their asses and do something.....and with other states starting to say they may do the same thing.....those poor bastards may just have to actually do their jobs....whether they like it or not....

yea that would be real cool.....:cuckoo:....i hope you are fucking with us here dude...

Last edited:
Code:

allready been done....you see the results dont ya....why do you think this is happening?...

Code:

It was taken up under the Reagan administration....what did that get us? Amnesty and an open border. Congress failed to do what it was supposed to do....close the borders after the amnesty.
And.....no this isn't an open and shut case by any stretch of the imagination. Have you forgotten about Barry's State of the Union Address, where he called the Supreme Court on the carpet? No....this isn't an open and shut case at all.

Have you read the law? It doesn't institute ANY policies, it simply allows local LEO to detain illegals and turn them over to ICE.

Funny that not a single attorney not employed by the Justice Department thinks this lawsuit has a chance.....

Yes, I've read it. Arizona is trying to institute new arrest and detention policies which do not exist in federal law. They're saying that their state and local cops will make busts based on state policy. They're then saying they expect federal prosecutors to enforce state-created law enforcement policies. That's not going to happen. If there is one thing that is absolutely certain here it's that federal cases will not be bound by the dictates of a state law. That's what Arizona is trying to do.

I still do not see how this interferes with federal statutes. The arrests may be made according to state policy but the prosecution is totally under federal statutes. The policy of checking the immigration status of individuals in the states does not change the fact that they are still breaking federal law and it is under that law they will be deported. Where is the difference in the state law and the federal law? Just because the feds are making it policy to not enforce the law does not mean that the law is not there and it seems that it is within a states right to actually enforce the law as written. If the fed does not want Arizona to enforce the law as it stands then they need to CHANGE that law, not sue Arizona for helping to enforce it.

Forum List

Back