US Stalking Survey

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
This is interesting, but I'm a bit skeptical of the figures.

NEW YORK – An estimated 3.4 million Americans identified themselves as victims of stalking during a one-year span, according to federal crime experts who on Tuesday released the largest-ever survey of the aggravating and often terrifying phenomenon.

About half of the victims experienced at least one unwanted contact per week from a stalker, and 11 percent had been stalked for five or more years, according to the report by the Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics. It covered a 12-month period in 2005-06.

Unprecedented US survey tracks scope of stalking - Yahoo! News

Anyone here that would identify themselves as a stalking victim?

I had an ex-boyfriend stalk me after I broke up with him.

I wasn't scared of him, just creeped out, if that makes sense. He would come into where I worked every night at just sit at the bar and stare at me. He was also friends with some of the people I worked with, so they would tell him where I would be hanging out after work, then he would go there. I knew he wouldn't harm me, he just asked everyone why I broke up with him, and what he could do to get me back.

Uh, not STALKING ME!

So he was just creepy, not scary.

(He writes for an F1 Magazine now and isn't in the USA much anymore thank goodness!)

New Topics

Forum List

Back