US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies'

I sure as hell hope this isn't true.

It is old news, and was never news, Most likely because it is Just more Bullshit from one of the farthest left news sites on earth :)

cbs and the AP covered and it seems that the investigations are ongoing....

Seems they have been on going for a long time. Like I said it is horrible if it is true. I doubt it's validity myself, and telling me CBS and AP are covering it does little to change that.

Even if it is true, it was the acts of soldiers not official Policy. Unlike our enemies who do shit like this as a rule :)

You push the human condition beyond its limits and shit gets broken. But then, we here at home can always say they volunteered for it, and we don't need a draft because our guys can murder humans for years and it has no affect on them. You think we got a fucked up America now? Wait until these PTSD cases get to rolling with the return of Iraqi brothers. And is anyone debriefing and sorting these guys out psychologically? I doubt it. But I do know they uped the numbers of psy-counselors and they are still short.

These kinds of atrocities will continue to occur regularly as long as the Crusaders remain in places where they don't belong. It's time for the occupation to end.

These kinds of atrocities will continue to occur regularly as long as the Crusaders remain in places where they don't belong. It's time for the occupation to end.
I agree. We can take all our oil money elsewhere and stop buying your products that finance terrorism and the middle east save Israel can be conquered by China. Have fun. It's what you always wanted right? To be free from 'western oppression', well now you get the eastern treatment. :)

Last edited:
Pretty convincing piece and, yes, disgusting.

Think about this. In any large population, there's going to be a (potential) serial killer or so. In the case where the job description includes sanctioned killing and incredibly high (and unrelieved) stress rates, there might be more. What are the odds that in ANY military, where all these variables are concentrated, a handful of like "minded" individuals would find each other? The killing wasn't military policy, not like what was handed down at Abu Ghraib, and hung on a few underlings (who should have had a clue anyway), but the conditions ripen the expectation, and oversight is hardly well funded.

The one thing I really object to about our president is that he marketed Afghanistan as the "just war." NO war is just. He simply saw the need to keep a % of our population away from home. Count our military abroad any and everywhere, and figure out by those #s how much our "official" (not counting prison population) unemployment rate would be if they all came home at once. It would be politically unthinkable, and not one single politician or news network touches this very simple fact.

From the link:
Army investigators say Morlock has admitted his involvement in the killings and given details about the role of others including Gibbs. But his lawyer, Michael Waddington, is seeking to have that confession suppressed because he says his client was interviewed while under the influence of prescription drugs taken for battlefield injuries and that he was also suffering from traumatic brain injury.

"Our position is that his statements were incoherent, and taken while he was under a cocktail of drugs that shouldn't have been mixed," Waddington told the Seattle Times.

The drugs used to keep these kids on their feet when they should instead be sent home and monitored deserves its own thread.

Last edited:
I agree. We can take all our oil money elsewhere and stop buying your products that finance terrorism and the middle east save Israel can be conquered by China. Have fun. It's what you always wanted right? To be free from 'western oppression', well now you get the eastern treatment. :)

Why does that thought merit a smiley face? What is your moral objection to people wanting other people out of their back yards and off of their backs? If there were a standing foreign army parked on your porch you'd damned well be screaming death to the invaders as well.

Agree. Otherwise it might push some Muslims to kill some more infidels by slicing their heads off.

Yes, it might.

And what a shame that would be, huh? And worse because when our guys die they don't get those 72 virgins that smell and look sort of like goats, but with lots more facial hair.

Forum List

Back