US Soldiers apparently throwing bullets at Iraqis now

Dirt McGirt

Bad Mother****er
Dec 19, 2006
bullets.jpg

Caption: AFP/Yahoo!News Caption: Tuesday August 14, 2007: An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in the predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City. At least 175 people were slaughtered on Tuesday and more than 200 wounded when four suicide truck bombs targeted people from an ancient religious sect in northern Iraq, officials said.(AFP/Wissam al-Okaili)

My post over at DP:

I can't link to the photograph, because it was removed by the AFP, but here was the caption:

An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in the predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City.(AFP/Wissam al-Okaili)

You can still see the accompanying image here:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/08/15/credulous-photojournalism-of-the-day/

I didn't know that casings remained attached to bullets after they were fired

Maybe one of our guys had a pop-no-kick and pulled the charging handle so hard that the bullet flew out of the ejection port, casing, bullet and all, and hit this woman's house

At least the woman in the picture had the decency to use what appear to be NATO rounds (just guessing - the cartridges appear to be brass cased - looks like 5.56 and 7.62 NATO). Would have been pretty funny if she'd used some steel-cased Russian/Chinese-made Warsaw Pact crap and claimed it was fired by Americans.

Fuck, man, reporters are idiots.

bullets.jpg

Caption: AFP/Yahoo!News Caption: Tuesday August 14, 2007: An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in the predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City. At least 175 people were slaughtered on Tuesday and more than 200 wounded when four suicide truck bombs targeted people from an ancient religious sect in northern Iraq, officials said.(AFP/Wissam al-Okaili)

Dude, you're "outting" the new secret weapon.:D

Dude, you're "outting" the new secret weapon.:D

In the 80's while I was in Okinawa there was a huge uproar about the 50 cal machine gun ranges. The Okinawains did not like us shooting into their suddenly "sacred" mountain.

A truck driver claimed his truck was hit by a round fired from a machine gun. Now mind you this round was not deformed in any way, was perfect as the day it was made, the truck couldn't be found for the US to investigate the supposed holes created in it from the shot either.

And of course not to mention when on the range one almost NEVER fires a single round from a 50 caliber MACHINE GUN.

Forum List

Back