US Soldier Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan

Conservatives don't get to change the definitions of words no matter how much they want to or how often they try. What that means is that as long as abortion is legal, it's not murder. That means that if a person gets prosecuted for a hate crime, they're not targeted for their opinions or their personal beliefs. And it also means that if Bergdahl was captured by the Taliban within hours of leaving his post after duty, then he didn't desert the Army.

Deal with it!
So, slavery wasn't an abuse of human rights because it was legal?
Were you not paying attention to my post about the definition of words? What's legal and what's considered moral are two different things. But the classification of 'murder' is a legal definition.

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun
noun: murder; plural noun: murders

1. 1.
    the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
    "the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
    synonyms:killing, homicide, assassination, liquidation, extermination, execution, slaughter, butchery, massacre; Moremanslaughter;
    literaryslaying
    "a brutal murder"

• informal
      a very difficult or unpleasant task or experience.
      "my first job at the steel mill was murder"
      synonyms:hell, hell on earth, a nightmare, an ordeal, a trial, misery, torture, agony More"driving there was murder"

verb
verb: murder; 3rd person present: murders; past tense: murdered; past participle: murdered; gerund or present participle: murdering
kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
"somebody tried to murder Joe"
synonyms:kill, put to death, assassinate, execute, liquidate, eliminate, dispatch, butcher, slaughter, massacre, wipe out; More
So you agree that both slavery and killing the unborn is wrong and should be illegal.

So, slavery wasn't an abuse of human rights because it was legal?
Were you not paying attention to my post about the definition of words? What's legal and what's considered moral are two different things. But the classification of 'murder' is a legal definition.

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun

1. 1.
    synonyms:killing, homicide, assassination, liquidation, extermination, execution, slaughter, butchery, massacre; Moremanslaughter;
    literaryslaying
    "a brutal murder"

• informal
      synonyms:hell, hell on earth, a nightmare, an ordeal, a trial, misery, torture, agony More"driving there was murder"

verb
verb: murder; 3rd person present: murders; past tense: murdered; past participle: murdered; gerund or present participle: murdering
synonyms:kill, put to death, assassinate, execute, liquidate, eliminate, dispatch, butcher, slaughter, massacre, wipe out; More
So you agree that both slavery and killing the unborn is wrong and should be illegal.

Abortion is not unlawful. Your choice of describing it as "killing the unborn" doesn't change that fact, hence, it is not murder.

I could be wrong because I haven't looked it up, but chances are desertion could be charged if it can be shown that the individual left their post with the intent of not returning.

BTW Sgt Bergdahl is supposed to arrive in the States sometime tonight.......

His letters pretty much prove what his intentions were.

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun

1. 1.
    literaryslaying
    "a brutal murder"

• informal

verb

Abortion is not unlawful. Your choice of describing it as "killing the unborn" doesn't change that fact, hence, it is not murder.

So because Slavery was once legal it was once ok then.
You can't have it both ways your straddling a wide line.

Forum List

Back