US Seeks To Imprison Single Mother

So right. When your in the military you are apt to be deployed at any time. Poor planning on her part.

So right. When your in the military you are apt to be deployed at any time. Poor planning on her part.

If you had read any background you would know the soldier made an arrangement with her mother to care for her child but at the last minute backed out of the commitment.

If she can't deploy...why is she still in the military. Especially the Army.

-TSO

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the US has a few Army bases in the US with soldiers who rarely or never deploy.

Sure I am aware of that, as well as she is. Why then is she in a unit that has a chance to deploy? Has she asked for orders out of the unit and been denied? She's a cook, I would think if she had actually thought about it when they assigned her to a deployable unit she would have informed the Army of her problem.

Where is the child's father?

There is a lot of information missing from that story that one might think a journalist might try to follow up with instead of issuing an incomplete report.

-TSO

If she can't deploy...why is she still in the military. Especially the Army.

-TSO

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the US has a few Army bases in the US with soldiers who rarely or never deploy.

Sure I am aware of that, as well as she is. Why then is she in a unit that has a chance to deploy? Has she asked for orders out of the unit and been denied? She's a cook, I would think if she had actually thought about it when they assigned her to a deployable unit she would have informed the Army of her problem.

Where is the child's father?

There is a lot of information missing from that story that one might think a journalist might try to follow up with instead of issuing an incomplete report.

-TSO

It doesn't matter where the father is. The fact is she has nobody to leave the child with. Do you agree that is Court Martial material? What you call "missing information" looks more like a way to agree with the Court Martial.

1) the kid was 10 months old at the time of deployment.
2) the parent of a small child is obliged to have on file with the military authorities a plan for child care in the even of deployments. This woman did have a plan, but the person who was supposed to take care of the kid backed out at the last minute. Poor planning on her part should not be a problem for other folks.

I think she should have had a better plan for childcare, like she was supposed to.

The army did giver her another option (Foster care) which she refused.

Should have been discharged from the service when it was determined that she was pregnant. As that opportunity has passed, discharge her now.

IF you are going to have females in the service, they should be in non-deployable positions.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter where the father is. The fact is she has nobody to leave the child with. Do you agree that is Court Martial material? What you call "missing information" looks more like a way to agree with the Court Martial.

I do agree with it. She just didn't show up. As the Army rep said, "the Army would not deploy a single parent with no one to care for her child". She should have shown up at the time she was required to. She would not have been forced onto the aircraft, but "she was afraid". No, she was stupid.

She should be court martialed. She shouldn't serve any time in prison, but she should be kicked out of the service.

-TSO

I do agree with it. She just didn't show up. As the Army rep said, "the Army would not deploy a single parent with no one to care for her child". She should have shown up at the time she was required to. She would not have been forced onto the aircraft, but "she was afraid". No, she was stupid.

She should be court martialed. She shouldn't serve any time in prison, but she should be kicked out of the service.

-TSO

And she should be required to refund any $s spent on education etc by the US taxpayer. She has not fulfilled her contract.

Forum List

Back