US scientist David Nozette charged with trying to sell secrets

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Contessa_Sharra, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Contessa_Sharra

Contessa_Sharra Searcher for Accuracy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    from the October 20, 2009 edition - US scientist David Nozette charged with trying to sell secrets to Israel | csmonitor.com

US scientist David Nozette charged with trying to sell secrets to Israel

David Nozette, a scientist who worked for NASA and had a top-level government security clearance, is charged with trying to sell US secrets to Israel after an FBI sting operation.

By Ilene R. Prusher | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

Jerusalem
    Israeli officials declined to comment Tuesday on the arrest of US scientist Stewart David Nozette on espionage charges.

According to an FBI criminal complaint, Mr. Nozette was passing classified information to agents he believed were working for the Mossad, Israel's intelligence agency, but were really undercover US officers. He was arrested on Monday.

The complaint does not accuse him of spying for Israel, but it did reveal that Nozette believed he had already been working for Mossad through a front organization in the past. According to the document, he told an undercover agent whom he believed to be from Mossad, "I thought I was working for you already. I mean, that's what I always thought. [The foreign company] was just a front."

That company has been identified in the Israeli press as Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI), which is owned by the Israeli government and is the country's largest aerospace and defense company.

do not post articles in their entirety, please.~del

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
  2. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    The article left out what has already been reported:

Israel was working with the USA to catch this guy.

3. Contessa_Sharra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147

Well we certainly hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,459
    Unless theres evidence that shows isreal was involved, why would we even "hope" they werent involved. That would be like watching the news and seeing that a family was murdered in some random state, and you "hope" it wasnt your mom, dad, wife, best friend, etc that did it. That would be fucking stupid.

Enough with the jew hating already.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,883
    I wonder if he was a Republican? The odds are against it since less than 6% of scientists ARE Republican.

6. Shorebreak

Shorebreak Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +102
    "Nothing to see here. Move it along. Everything is fine. "

- AIPAC Lobby

7. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Bullshit, you were hoping it wasn't the case so you could do a several page diatribe on how Israel is not a US ally and sucks.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Contessa_Sharra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147

Actually my diatribe was to be about assholes that sell secrets to anyone outside the country, and classified materials, well, this shit for brains ought to have appreciated the nice job he had.... I am sure he will enjoy prison.....

Now, since you are promoting your psychic talents, care to make any more pompous pronouncements????

Have you taken your meds today? You seem a little tense!!!!

9. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    OUTRAGOUS, I guess this just goes to show you cannot trust the Global Warming Scientist, we must remember, according to folks like Old Crock and the Global Warming crowd, ALL SCIENTiSTS concur there is global warming and now we see that the same scientists have no honor and are not to be trusted. Seeing how this story proves scientists are not to be trusted the entire Global Warming hoax is again exposed as nothing more than a hoax perpetraited by dishonest scientists.

10. Charles Stucker

Charles Stucker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +225
    And when trust goes out the window, freedom goes with it.
    I noted that the FBI conducted a "sting" operation. Which is a fancy way of saying "entrapment in all but a strict legal sense"

I wonder what secrets this man had to sell. Would the US charge a person with an 8th grade education with attempting to sell scientific secrets if they caught a con artist attempting to defraud some foreign intel agency?

Articles like this disgust me because it too often feels like the government attempting to get a guilty verdict in the press before all the facts can be known.