US role in Libya costs hundreds of millions so far

Governments/leaders throughout history have often succumbed to the siren song of winning a good little war.

I just hope you aren't using that line to excuse Obama, not saying you are, just hoping you aren't.

I added the first line of my sig, including its colorful modifier, just for people like you.

Lol cute, a childish insult completely unprovoked.

You not supporting this action doesn't mean your view of Obama or level of support for him has changed.

I just hope you aren't using that line to excuse Obama, not saying you are, just hoping you aren't.

I added the first line of my sig, including its colorful modifier, just for people like you.

You not supporting this action doesn't mean your view of Obama or level of support for him has changed.

I'm used to having dumbass rightwingers try to assign me opinions when they don't like the opinions I actually have because it overcomplicates their simple minds,

so you're nothing new.

I'm used to having dumbass rightwingers try to assign me opinions when they don't like the opinions I actually have because it overcomplicates their simple minds,

so you're nothing new.

You should've moved the stapler off your computer chair before you sat down, I've never seen this kind of unprovoked irritability.

I said I HOPE you don't use what you said to excuse what he did. I even made it less controversial by going out of my way to say I wasn't saying you were.

Leaving the door wide open for you to say "no I'm not using this as an excuse for Obama." Your sig line has nothing to do with whether or not you would validate an excuse for him doing it.

But instead of answering it like an adult, you threw a tantrum like a child, hopefully you have a good weekend and come back on Monday with a little better replies to offer.

No biggy. It's not like we have any serious Economic problems here at Home. We only have Massive Unemployment,Record Poverty,and Massive Debt. That's all.

so you're nothing new.

I also oppose it.

But are you giving the President a pass becuase you believe all leaders like winning a quick little war....or do you see him as a President that made a foolish mistake as you saw...say....Bush.

Of course, the difference with Obama and Bush is Bush went to congress. Obama did not give a crap about what congress had to say.....

But do you give the man a pass?

so you're nothing new.

I also oppose it.

But are you giving the President a pass becuase you believe all leaders like winning a quick little war....or do you see him as a President that made a foolish mistake as you saw...say....Bush.

Of course, the difference with Obama and Bush is Bush went to congress. Obama did not give a crap about what congress had to say.....

To me it sounds like NYcarb is at a crossroads.

To support Obama who he/she gave so much support to and really bought into? Or deal with the sad reality that Obama is just another Bush in terms of foreign policy and willingness to go to war.

He/she is deeply angered by the situation and we're the ones who he/she is taking it out on.

WASHINGTON — Stretched thin by two wars, the U.S. military is spending upward of $1 billion in an international assault to destroy Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's air defenses and save rebels from likely defeat, according to analysts and a rough calculation of the military operation so far.

US role in Libya costs hundreds of millions so far - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

I can only assume Obama is borrowing money from Communist China to fund this operation. I will ask the same question as I have asked about Bush's invasion and occupation of Iraq. What are we getting for our $$?

Again we are sticking our nose into business that we do not belong in, nor that we can afford. If other countries wanted to step in, then we should have let them. But again, nobody else wants to foot the bill; they just leave it to the good ole US of A. And now that we have made a commitment, we will have to stick it through or we will leave these people in worse shape then if we had done nothing. To top it off, in the end, even if we are successful in ridding Libya of Ghadafi, we will find ourselves with enemies who supported him. At some point, it is imperative that we understand that we cannot, nor should we be the world police. The cost is too high, both monetarily and in many other aspects.

What bothers me though, is that the Republicans and many Democrats are jumping all over Obama because of this. Yet had he sat back and said we weren't getting involved, those same people would be crying that he did nothing. Just look at Newt and his comments before and after. Typical partisan BS.

so you're nothing new.

I also oppose it.

To support Obama who he/she gave so much support to and really bought into? Or deal with the sad reality that Obama is just another Bush in terms of foreign policy and willingness to go to war.

He/she is deeply angered by the situation and we're the ones who he/she is taking it out on.

excellent analysis.

so you're nothing new.

You should've moved the stapler off your computer chair before you sat down, I've never seen this kind of unprovoked irritability.

I said I HOPE you don't use what you said to excuse what he did. I even made it less controversial by going out of my way to say I wasn't saying you were.

Leaving the door wide open for you to say "no I'm not using this as an excuse for Obama." Your sig line has nothing to do with whether or not you would validate an excuse for him doing it.

But instead of answering it like an adult, you threw a tantrum like a child, hopefully you have a good weekend and come back on Monday with a little better replies to offer.

I said the same thing about Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al and their little war. does that help?

so you're nothing new.

I also oppose it.

We would have done worse with McCain. It's a 2 man race every four years.

so you're nothing new.

I also oppose it.

If you were literate enough to understand the Sirens metaphor you certainly would know it isn't complimentary.

Forum List

Back