US role in Libya costs hundreds of millions so far

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
WASHINGTON — Stretched thin by two wars, the U.S. military is spending upward of $1 billion in an international assault to destroy Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's air defenses and save rebels from likely defeat, according to analysts and a rough calculation of the military operation so far.

US role in Libya costs hundreds of millions so far - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

I can only assume Obama is borrowing money from Communist China to fund this operation. I will ask the same question as I have asked about Bush's invasion and occupation of Iraq. What are we getting for our $$?

And we just got started, wer going to spend billions bombing the shit out of Libya and god help us if we send in ground troops, Iraq part 2.

And we just got started, wer going to spend billions bombing the shit out of Libya and god help us if we send in ground troops, Iraq part 2.

And if history is a good predictor of our next moves....we will spend billions bombing the shit out of Libya, and then billions more to build back what we spent billions to bomb the shit out of....

And if history is a good predictor of our next moves....we will spend billions bombing the shit out of Libya, and then billions more to build back what we spent billions to bomb the shit out of....

We are lift holding ther bag as usual, this "coalition" is already falling apart and the US still has the lead in combat operations, so much for leading from the rear. We are going to have to put humpty dumpty back together again as usual.:doubt:

There is ALWAYS enough money for war.

#Americafuckyeahmotherfuckers

Where is the outrage from the Tea Party over this? We are broke, remember? We can't afford another $1B to blow up yet another ME country....

So, basically, defecit spending is OK with the GOP and Tea Party as long as it is spent blowing other people up?

Per usual, VaYank is spot on, this is a time for people who claim to be fiscal conservatives (myself included) to prove it by speaking out against this.

So, basically, defecit spending is OK with the GOP and Tea Party as long as it is spent blowing other people up?

what makes you think members of the tea party are not against it?
I have seen members of all walks of life against it...of all parties...of all ideologies.
I am sure there are some tea partyers that are for it as well....so are some democrats and so are some republicans.

Why are the tea partyers held to a standard of "all is either black or white"?

Me?

I was all for the no fly zone.....But I am not interested in our broke country spending all kinds of money tossing in tomohawks at 500K apiece.

Per usual, VaYank is spot on, this is a time for people who claim to be fiscal conservatives (myself included) to prove it by speaking out against this.

And I have seen many do it.

I dont understand the reason for this thread. There has been plenty of conservative opposition to this military action....

But, of course, such conservatives are being labelled as being against the military action ONLY becuase they are against everything Obama does....

But I wont go there right now.

We are lift holding ther bag as usual, this "coalition" is already falling apart and the US still has the lead in combat operations, so much for leading from the rear. We are going to have to put humpty dumpty back together again as usual.:doubt:

Where do you get your info? Coalition is building. UA just sent in troops. we? We are not in this alone and our mission has ended with our turning it over to NATO.
Unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, this is not OUR war. We are just a small part of the mission. We do not call the shots. So stop with all the fear mongering rhetoric that it's WE.
Qatar, Emirates to join Libya air strikes: diplomat - Yahoo! News

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/white-house/2011/03/nato-preparing-take-over-libya-mission

Last edited:
WE do not have the money to start another war and no one will lend us the money. The support we have shown so far is just to show our support. NO MORE than that.

I have seen members of all walks of life against it...of all parties...of all ideologies.
I am sure there are some tea partyers that are for it as well....so are some democrats and so are some republicans.

Me?

I was all for the no fly zone.....But I am not interested in our broke country spending all kinds of money tossing in tomohawks at 500K apiece.

Sorry for the confusion, JH. I guess it is a matter of perspective for me about the "conservatives" on this board. While the Governor in WI was battling the unions, there were 3 - 5 posts on these boards a day in support of Walker, because "we are broke". Now, Obama has spent nearly a BILLION dollars that we do not have, and I see NO "conservatives" lashing out that "we are broke"?

Where do you get your info? Coalition is building. UA just sent in troops. we? We are not in this alone and our mission has ended with our turning it over to NATO.
Unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, this is not OUR war. We are just a small part of the mission. We do not call the shots. So stop with all the fear mongering rhetoric that it's WE.
Qatar, Emirates to join Libya air strikes: diplomat - Yahoo! News

NATO preparing to take over Libya mission | Hayley Peterson | News | Washington Examiner

Girl please, Qatar and the UAE? really? Qatar is only chipping in 4 fucking fighter jets, the US has been doing the lions share of the work and will continue to do so even after a transer is done with this "coalition".:doubt:

WE do not have the money to start another war and no one will lend us the money. The support we have shown so far is just to show our support. NO MORE than that.

"The support we have shown so far" has cost us nearly $1 BILLION. Where are we going to get the money to pay for it. As we all know, "military actions" are not budgeted for.

Me?

Sorry for the confusion, JH. I guess it is a matter of perspective for me about the "conservatives" on this board. While the Governor in WI was battling the unions, there were 3 - 5 posts on these boards a day in support of Walker, because "we are broke". Now, Obama has spent nearly a BILLION dollars that we do not have, and I see NO "conservatives" lashing out that "we are broke"?

And other than yours, I saw no progressives bashing Obama for interfering where he shouldnt interfere...and using military action as he did it.

And I have seen many do it.

I dont understand the reason for this thread. There has been plenty of conservative opposition to this military action....

But, of course, such conservatives are being labelled as being against the military action ONLY becuase they are against everything Obama does....

But I wont go there right now.

Because most of those same people who claim to be conservative on this board still talk about how awesome the War in Iraq was.

No one who takes fiscal conservatism seriously would approve of either.

I am totally against this unjustified war of aggression against the people of Libya.

Did Libya attack us on 9/11?

NO!

No blood for oil!

Forum List

Back