US Returns 4,000 Archaeological Relics to Mexico

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Associated Press @ US Returns 4,000 Archaeological Relics to Mexico | TIME.com

(EL PASO, Texas) — More than 4,000 archaeological artifacts looted from Mexico and seized in the U.S. have been returned to Mexican authorities in what experts say is one of the largest such repatriations between the countries.

The items returned Thursday mostly date from before European explorers landed in North America and include items from hunter-gatherers in pre-Columbian northern Mexico, such as stones used to grind corn, statues, figurines and copper hatchets, said Pedro Sanchez, president of the National Archaeological Council of Mexico.

Read more: US Returns 4,000 Archaeological Relics to Mexico | TIME.com

:clap2:

What the US should return to Mexico is 4,000 illegal Mexican aliens.

what the U.S. should do is crack down on employers who try to lowball labour by hiring undocumented workers and legalise all those workers already here.

remember Agriprocessors?

If the government would get off their asses and run the illegal aliens out of the country, there would be none to hire.

Makes me wonder how many tens of thousands of Mexican artifacts are still out there, scattered across the globe.

I'd like to see the Winston Churchill bust returned to the U.S.

what the US should do, and what we should do, is support and enact laws so that farm workers are paid a fair living wage and put americans back to work, which is what they want to do...and we should support the UFW and get rid of these guest worker programs....and what the government should do is crack down on the farmers who abuse their workerss.

i would gladly pay a little extra in the produce aisle than have to pay taxes to support unemployed healthy americans who can't support their families with what an immigrant worker makes...and pay even more taxes to round up 6.000.000 undocumented mexican workers from south of our borders.

We need to slap a windfall profits tax on farmers to pay for all that shit.

$8 corn and $14 beans. And they are fed true "subsidies" while we pay record prices for groceries.

i would gladly pay a little extra in the produce aisle than have to pay taxes to support unemployed healthy americans who can't support their families with what an immigrant worker makes....

Would you gladly pay ten times more?

what the U.S. should do is crack down on employers who try to lowball labour by hiring undocumented workers and legalise all those workers already here.

remember Agriprocessors?

If the government would get off their asses and run the illegal aliens out of the country, there would be none to hire.

Great idea. :thup:

farm.jpg

i would gladly pay a little extra in the produce aisle than have to pay taxes to support unemployed healthy americans who can't support their families with what an immigrant worker makes....

i am an american and i buy american whenever i can.

what i don't buy is americans who use anti-american/anti-union scare tactics.

We need to slap a windfall profits tax on farmers to pay for all that shit.

$8 corn and $14 beans. And they are fed true "subsidies" while we pay record prices for groceries.

we pay billions of dollars a year so farmers won't grow food, billions of dollars a year in aid to famine struck countries for food for their hungry, and we have starving people right here in the USA.

You should buy some capital letters and use them where appropriate.

You didn't answer my question.

no, i wouldn't. are you suggesting that the cost of paying a living wage to american farm workers would result in a ten X increase in the price of produce?

no, i wouldn't. are you suggesting that the cost of paying a living wage to american farm workers would result in a ten X increase in the price of produce?

I'm suggesting that liberal interpretation of something vague like "a living wage" would not only start high but go up as inevitably as the definition of "rich" keeps going down. And yes, the liberal imaginary "living wage" would result in increases of at least that much eventually.

Last edited:
Next thing this Administration will return to Mexico is Texas.

I'm suggesting that liberal interpretation of something vague like "a living wage" would not only start high but go up as inevitably as the definition of "rich" keeps going down. And yes, the liberal imaginary "living wage" would result in increases of at least that much eventually.

eventually is a long time. u cannot argue with "ecentually".

eventually is a long time.

Not long at all if asinine leftist fantasies about wage control and centrally planned economies were to be indulged.

well, what the fuck is your plan. get rid of the minimum wage and invite more guest workers in to do the jobs.

i mean, you bitch about illegal aliens. what is your plan?

what're you anyway, some low level manager somewhere.

Forum List

Back