US recession fears as retail sales fall

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
US recession fears as retail sales fall
telegraph ^ | 10:25PM BST 16 Jul 2012 | Richard Blackden
[ quote]

The 0.5pc drop last month was marked by waning demand for goods ranging from furniture to electronics as Americans retrenched in the face of weak wage growth, a slowing jobs market and persistent fears over Europe’s debt crisis.

For the second quarter as a whole, retail sales fell at an annual pace of 0.8pc compared with an increase of 6.7pc in the first three months of the year when the country’s jobs market showed signs of improvement. With the consumer again cutting back, the report raised fears among some economists that the US could slide back into recession.

“The report offers no quarter for those looking for good news for the US consumer,” said David Semmens, an economist at Standard Chartered. Nine of the 13 categories covered by today’s report from the Commerce Department showed declines, with essential categories such as food among the handful to buck the drop.

Wall Street had been expecting a gain of 0.2pc.

The weakness of the report will bring into even sharper focus tomorrow’s appearance by Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke before Congress....
[/quote]
US recession fears as retail sales fall - Telegraph

It never ever ends. :eusa_silenced: What recovery? :confused:

How many summers of recovery has this been? These economic policies of spending us into the ground have FAILED.

obama saved us from the worst depression EVA ask any lefty they will enlighten u. He saved us so there. :clap2::clap2:

Pubs have blocked everything since 2/2010, this is THEIR recovery as well as there depression, fools. They have ALWAYS voted for jobs bills until now- Now NEVER. Their "jobs bills" are ideological propaganda, wouldn't do anything for years to the detriment of workers, customers, and environment. You are brainwashed chumps of greedy incompetents, shytteheads. Read something.Sleep well!

Pubs have blocked everything since 2/2010, this is THEIR recovery as well as there depression, fools. They have ALWAYS voted for jobs bills until now- Now NEVER. Their "jobs bills" are ideological propaganda, wouldn't do anything for years to the detriment of workers, customers, and environment. You are brainwashed chumps of greedy incompetents, shytteheads. Read something.Sleep well!

what about before the repubs took the house and couldnt stop anything? WHat than? what was obamas plan than?

what about before the repubs took the house and couldnt stop anything? WHat than? what was obamas plan than?

then not than.

THANK YOU OBAMA FOR PROLONGING THE GREAT RECESSION!

Maybe we'll get lucky and Obama will run the country into a depression, that will do wonders for the welfare votes Obama has been counting on.

Oh wait, I know, if only the Republicans didn’t stand in the great dictators way things would be fixed… So that begs the question, did Obama actually fix anything with the stimulus and the BushBama TARP? I mean, you can’t claim you “fixed” something if it immediately breaks, right?

We all already know the spin, Obama saved us but the Republicans who hold a minority in the house destroyed everything... So now what, we know that a super Dem super majority and a Dem President mean jack shit, so why vote Dem?

We know that a super majority of Reps and a Rep President means shit, so why vote Republican.

How many summers of recovery has this been? These economic policies of spending us into the ground have FAILED.

Good, then we can end all wars?

You would have to ask Obama and the Dems seeing as they expanded and started new wars... Thank gawd Obama couldn't BS his way out of Bush's timetable for Iraq or we would still be there like Obama tried to do... we had to get kicked the fuck out.

When people turn to God, the economy will recover.

Sometimes you say the most stupid shit I have ever seen on these boards. It's a proven fact when the "masses" turn to God (religion) millions upon millions die.

Actually, its a proven fact that when the masses turn to government millions upon millions die.

Get rid of Obama and get rid of our new-found problems.

The new kid on the block brought his 'hood with him. And his brothers are happy for it.

Obama has given credence to the wanton destruction of America. He has abused the color of his skin and the content of his race's character. He has debased his very origin and that of his native bretheren to nothing more than pathetic grovelling "give me" people.

We have regressed in the past 3-1/2 years under Obama. We are no longer a Nation of "earn your way", but a nation of "give me my way".

The "give me my way" state. It is the beginning of the moral and economic bankrupting of America.

Forum List

Back