US reaches trade deal with China (phase 1)

Could have been? What if in three years the growth is 200% because of some current pain points.

Then I would be very happy.

I am my own boss. But I always tell my clients to view plans like chess players. Long term strategy. Thing multiple moves ahead not one or two. It is OK to sacrifice some pieces in order to garner victory.

The problem with that is most people do not know the right piece to sacrifice.

If you are truly what you say you are, then you understand that a recession/down turn is inevitable. It is not an "if" but a "when".

That is why maximized growth during this "boom" is essential.

If I tell you we will have an earthquake in Cali then I would be correct, eventually. We could hit a recession if Trump loses in 2020. If he wins I do not see one over the next two years. The possible bubbles:

• Student Loan Debt
  • Leverage Market
Those are definitely huge risks, especially the latter one. Key is employment and corporate confidence. Impossible to negotiate with the Chinese when we are struggling. Negotiation now makes sense as we are doing well.

Except that market downturn/corrections are more regular and are part of the system that cannot be stopped from happening.

Employment is key, confidence be it corporate or consumer is not a key to anything. Confidence is often the highest right before the crash. Debt in general will be the next bubble, corporate and consumer is though the roof...not to mention the Fed debt that nobody seems to care about any more

Yes but the last two were caused by bubbles.

#1) Internet... Dot.com boom and bust

#2) Mortgage crisis

There needs to be a catalyst.

And neither of those two bubbles are near as large as the debt bubble when you add in the Fed Govt and most of Europe.

The debt is not as big of an issue because a lot of it is "friendly" and we can print money and not be impacted. The Leverage market is an issue for sure.

upload_2019-12-16_12-31-1.png

WOW....the US top trade negotiator praised the deal he worked out...who the fuck saw that coming?

Did you expect him to say "well this deal is pretty much a nothing burger?

The best you can do is this guy saying it is a good thing?

That alone should tell you something...but you are too blinded to see it.
How about this, little anti Trumper cynic.

Stock market news: December 16, 2019

WOW...what big boom...

View attachment 295040
The markets have not even opened yet and they are up 50!?! LOL

You do not understand Futures....do you?

Yahoo Finance - Stock Market Live, Quotes, Business & Finance News

Dow up 174 and it is 11AM ET. So I believe I do and you do not.

This is why you do not count your chickens too early...

Very modest numbers, all on the plus side so that is a positive...but in general people are not all the enthused about the trade deal..at least not phase one.
upload_2019-12-16_15-1-23.png

Very modest numbers, all on the plus side so that is a positive...but in general people are not all the enthused about the trade deal..at least not phase one.
View attachment 295111

BANK OF AMERICA: A 'melt-up' in stocks will push the market 5% higher by March | Markets Insider

View attachment 295111

BANK OF AMERICA: A 'melt-up' in stocks will push the market 5% higher by March | Markets Insider

You know, these people get paid to write article and sell stocks...right?

View attachment 295111

You know, these people get paid to write article and sell stocks...right?
There are plenty of other investments. BAML won’t write shit for the sake of writing it.

Still waiting on some sort of link explaining how China is lowering tariffs.

I heard some Wisconsin farmers on NPR last night and they act like the Chinese themselves.
Saving face after getting ripped off.

On Thursday, Trump signed off on roughly halving tariffs on $360 billion of Chinese goods, and suspending a planned expansion of duties to $160 billion worth of other Chinese goods, as part of a proposed trade deal with China, according to the Wall Street Journal. Under the agreement, China would purchase $50 billion worth of US agricultural goods and other American products next year.

Global stocks and the pound soar as euphoric traders cheer a US-China trade deal and a landslide UK election result | Markets Insider

Trump Agrees to Limited Trade Deal With China

"Under the agreement, China would purchase $50 billion worth of US agricultural goods and other American products next year."

That's exactly what they said 14 months ago. Word for word.
WINNING!

WAIT, I THOUGHT HIS RECKLESS BRINKSMANSHIP WAS HURTLING US TOWARD WORLD WAR III AND A GLOBAL DEPRESSION: Trump to Sign China Trade Deal Today.

Forum List

Back