US ranks 62nd out of 188 on business taxes

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
I found this on the World Bank's website ranking 183 countries for doing business. Thought where we ranked in business tax as interesting considering the liberal argument our evil rich don't pay enough in taxes.

Ease of doing business 5th
Starting a business 9th
Dealing with Construction Permits 27th dropped 1 since 2010. I expect drop to continue
Registering Property 12th
Getting Credit 6th
Protecting Investors 5th
Taxes 62nd dropped 3 since 2010. I expect drop to continue
Trading Across Borders 20th
Enforcing Contracts 8th
Closing a Business 14th Up 1 since 2010

I found this on the World Bank's website ...

The link I found was Ranking of economies - Doing Business - World Bank Group and the country business tax list from best to worst is:

Maldives
Qatar
Hong Kong SAR, China
Singapore
United Arab Emirates
Saudi Arabia
Ireland
Oman
Kuwait
Canada
Kiribati
Mauritius
Denmark
Bahrain
Luxembourg
United Kingdom
Switzerland
Norway
Vanuatu
Timor-Leste
Botswana
Brunei Darussalam
Malaysia
South Africa
Malawi
New Zealand
Netherlands
West Bank and Gaza
Jordan
Estonia
Tonga
Cyprus
Macedonia, FYR
Subnational Data
Suriname
Iceland
Lebanon
Zambia
Seychelles
Sweden
Kazakhstan
Kosovo
Subnational Data
Croatia
Rwanda
Lithuania
St. Lucia
Chile
Ethiopia
Australia
Korea, Rep.
Bahamas, the
Solomon Islands
Swaziland
Afghanistan
Iraq
France
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Cambodia
Tunisia
Latvia
Djibouti
Georgia
United States

I found this on the World Bank's website ranking 183 countries for doing business. Thought where we ranked in business tax as interesting considering the liberal argument our evil rich don't pay enough in taxes.

Starting a business 9th
Dealing with Construction Permits 27th dropped 1 since 2010. I expect drop to continue
Getting Credit 6th
Protecting Investors 5th
Enforcing Contracts 8th

Not sure how good these numbers are or how they arrived at them, but I have to wonder. In a WSJ opinion a couple of weeks ago it was noted that for the first time in decades the US is, on net, losing rather than attracting capital. US investment abroad was 351 billiion in 2010, 115 billion higher than foreign investment here in our economy. Which is a dramatic reversal of the large inflow of foreign capital from 1982-2007, which helped create a lot of jobs and prosperity. Over that period, foreigners invested just over 6 trillion dollars more here than we did abroad according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, with most of it going into businesses.

So, I look at the numbers from the World Bank and wonder why we're not attracting more foreign capital if the US is such a great place to do business.

Starting a business 9th
Getting Credit 6th
Protecting Investors 5th
Enforcing Contracts 8th

You didn't read it, did you?

Ask the kids with the lemonade stands in the empire. You'll get an honest answer.

lemonadedealer.jpg

Forum List

Back