US Quotes

JOKER96BRAVO

Aug 13, 2004
In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and
negativity about our government and its policies, we should remember Tony
Blair's words to his own people. During a recent interview, Prime Minister Tony
Blair of Great Britain was quoted giving the following answer to one of his
parliament members as to why he believes so much in America and its President.
And does he think they are on the right track?

Blair's reply--"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at...how many
want in...and how many want out
."

Maybe you can help me, JB. I can't remember all of this speech, which was made by President Reagan, but the jist of it was that, despite what the scoffers say, we, as a people, can accomplish ANYTHING.

"We are, after all, Americans."

musicman said:
Maybe you can help me, JB. I can't remember all of this speech, which was made by President Reagan, but the jist of it was that, despite what the scoffers say, we, as a people, can accomplish ANYTHING.

I'll look for it!

Not the one you speak of but I like this one.

Why should we be frightened? No people who have ever lived on this earth have fought harder, paid a higher price for freedom, or done more to advance the dignity of man than the living Americans, those Americans living in this land today.
-- Ronald Reagan

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine
patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that
stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
--Thomas Paine

If liberals possessed either grace or conscience, they would blush with shame at Thomas Paine's words.

They don't, so they don't.

musicman said:
If liberals possessed either grace or conscience, they would blush with shame at Thomas Paine's words.

They don't, so they don't.
Was that one of yours?
That would look good with [ ---musicman] at the end of it.

'Righteousness breeds intolerance. It's glaring characteristic comes from those that say 'I am right, therefore, those that believe differently are wrong'.

musicman said:

The crisis we are facing today does not require of us the kind of sacrifice that Martin Treptow and so many thousands of others were called upon to make. It does require, however, our best effort, and our willingness to believe in ourselves and to believe in our capacity to perform great deeds; to believe that together with God’s help we can and will resolve the problems which now confront us.

And after all, why shouldn’t we believe that? We are Americans.

Pes. Reagan's 1st Inaugural.

"Many of you have in your veins Geman and Italian blood. But remember that these ancestors of yours so loved freedom that they gave up home and country to cross the ocean in search of liberty. The ancestors of the people we shall kill lacked the courage to make such a sacrifice and remained slaves."

"I don't want to get any messages saying that, "We are holding our position." We're not holding anything! Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding on to anything except the enemy. We're going to hold on to him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass; we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."

"Men, you are the first Negro tankers ever to fight in the American army. I would never have asked for you if you weren't good. I have nothing but the best in my army. I don't care what color you are, so long as you go up there and kill those Kraut sonsabitches!"

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

-General George Patton

Two of my favorites...I still feel the chills...just reading it!!!!

"Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed." (Apollo 11, July 20th, 1969)

----Neil Armstrong

AND THIS ONE...

"That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." (Apollo 11, July 20th, 1969)

**Words said when he first stepped onto the moon. (July 20, 1969) In the actual sound recordings he apparently says: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." which is generally considered an error on his part. Some have disputed this and Armstrong has said he did say "a man" but that it was inaudible.

Forum List

Back