US Presidents: Jews Great. Muslims Very Bad

Tashbih Sayyed, Muslim Pakistani scholar, journalist, and author and former Editor in Chief of Our Times, Pakistan Today, and The Muslim World Today

A Muslim In A Jewish Land
I tried very hard to find any Muslim state that has true democracy and where religious minorities are accorded equal democratic rights, but failed. The map of the Muslim world is too crowded with kings, despots, dictators, sham democrats and theocratic autocrats and the persecution of minorities is an essential part of Islamist social behavior.

Here, protected by Israel's democratic principles, the Muslim Arab citizens of Israel are afforded all the rights and privileges of Israeli citizenship. When the first elections to the Knesset were held in February 1949, Israeli Arabs were given the right to vote and to be elected along with Israeli Jews. Today, Israel's Arab citizens are accorded full civil and political rights entitled to complete participation in Israeli society. They are active in Israeli social, political and civic life and enjoy representation in Israel's Parliament, Foreign Service and judicial system.

Large Arab residences, wide spread construction activity and big cars underlined the prosperity and affluence of Palestinians living under the Star of David. The big houses owned by Arab Israelis and the amount of construction that was going on in the Arab towns exposed the falsity of propaganda that Israel discriminates against Israeli Arabs from buying lands. The Arab Waqf owns land that is for the express use and benefit of Muslim Arabs. Government land can be leased by anyone, regardless of race, religion or sex. All Arab citizens of Israel are eligible to lease government land.

On my way from the city of David to the Royal Prima hotel in Jerusalem, I asked my Palestinian taxi driver how he feels about moving to the territories under Palestinian Authority. He said that he could never think of living outside Israel. His answer blasted the myth spread by anti-Semites that Israel's Arab citizens are not happy there. Another Israeli Arab informed me that Arabs in Israel have equal voting rights. In fact, Israel is one of the few countries in the Middle East where Arab women can vote. In contrast to the non-Israeli Arab world, Arab women in Israel enjoy the same status as men. Muslim women have the right to vote and to be elected to public office. Muslim women, in fact are more liberated in Israel than in any Muslim country. Israeli law prohibits polygamy, child marriage, and the barbarity of female sexual mutilation. Moreover, I found out that there are no incidences of honor killings in Israel. The status of Muslim women in Israel is far above that of any country in the region. Israeli health standards are by far the highest in the Middle East and Israeli health institutions are freely open to all Arabs, on the same basis as they are to Jews.

Israel's Arabic press is the most vibrant and independent of any country in the region. There are more than 20 Arabic periodicals. Today, there are hundreds of Arab schools. Israeli universities are renowned centers of learning in the history and literature of the Arab Middle East.
Aware of the constraints that a non-Wahhabi is faced with while performing religious rituals in Saudi Arabia, Kiran (my wife) could not hide her surprise at the freedoms and ease with which peoples of all religions and faiths were carrying out their religious obligations at the Church of the holy Sepulcher, Garden Tomb, Sea of Galilee, newly discovered Western Wall Tunnels, Western Wall, tomb of King David and all the other holy places we visited.

My first visit to Israel has not only consolidated my belief that Israel is vital for the stability of the region but has also convinced me that the existence of Israel will one day convince the Muslims of the necessity of reformation in their theology as well as sociology. Looking at the development and transformation that the land has gone through because of the Jewish innovative spirit, hard labor and commitment to freedoms for all times to come, I am convinced that it is true that God created this earth but it is also a fact that only an Israel can keep this earth from dying.
Muslim World Today: Front Page 1222005

Last edited:
Ibn Ishaq, The Life of Muhammad :eek:
Muhammad [53 years old] married ‘A’isha in Mecca when she was a child of six and lived with her in Medina when she was nine or ten. She was the only virgin that he married. Her father, Abu Bakr, married her to him and the apostle gave her four hundred dirhams.

:eek:
Muhammed married only one virgin? I take it the rest of his wives were either widows or prostitutes.Since he probably died from AIDS I suspect the latter.

The Torah doesn't teach that. The Torah teaches that God promised Israel as the ETERNAL homeland of the Jews, and he fulfilled it. It also teaches that Jews from all over the world will gather in Israel, and Israel will be victorious in a great battle against pure evil, THEN God comes back to Earth. Seems Ike the first part of that has come true. The New Testament says that as well. 99.99% of Jews both agree with that and Israel's right to exist. So do a vast majority of Christians.

It's always interesting how anew haters and anti Semites are also professed Torah and Talmud experts.

And don't give us that Neutra Karta crap. 12 crazy Jews represent world Jewry as much as David Koresh represented world Christianity.
Don't kill the messenger.

The Talmud explains That we have been foresworn, by three strong oaths, not to ascend to the Holy Land as a group using force, not to rebel against the governments of countries in which we live, and not by our sins, to prolong the coming of moshiach; as is written in Tractate Kesubos 111a .
It's always interesting labeling people as "haters", without ever explaining why someone would hate jews. Take me, for example, I was raised a Catholic. I'm an American citizen. Judaism plays no role in my day-to-day life. So why would I hate a jew? Why should I care how someone else worships or what name they call God?

You just quoted me the Neutra Karta's "interpretation" of what the Talmud says. Again the Neutra Karta are a bunch of crazy radical Jews who in no way shape or form represent Judaism or Jewry. Fact is Zionism is an integral part of Judaism and the Torah they are insuperable.. Plus, the Talmud itself is a book that interprets the Torah, the Jewish holy book. The Neutra Karta is simply wrong, and so is their interpretation. They establish friendship with lunatics like Anmadinejad. But if you consider yourself the same mindset as a religious lunatic such as Ahmadinejad and want to latch on to what a bunch of crazy irrelevant Jews say to validate yourself be my guest.

However, jews are people who embrace Judaism. Which means they follow the teachings of the Torah. And the Torah states the jews shall remain in exile, until God comes back down to earth. So, when a zionist is someone who is actively trying to create a jewish state, he is going against the teachings written in the Torah and, as a result, going against the Judaism itself.

The problem with zionists, is not their desire for jews to live in biblical homeland, it's that they're against non-jews from living there too as part of their ancestoral homeland. And that's apartheid.

Your first claim is not true.

the prophecy in the Bible told of a time when God will bring the jews back to Israel, the Talmud discusses this, zionism is needed and required, by the Rabbanim's words, in order for the prophecy in the bible to occur.

Most Jews accept that.

And your second statement is wrong as well. There are Christians, Muslims, Druze and many other sacts in Israel, they are more then welcome.

It is Muslims who wish to throw the Jews into the sea, that is why they are being stopped.

Those who say Israel is an apartheid don't know what they're talking about. There are Muslim ministers and in the government and Knesset who betray their own country and slander it! what kind of "apartheid" are people talkign about? this is pure anti-israeli propaganda, if you ask me
I find your false reality offensive. You have "jew only" roads; illegal settlements than ban Palestinian's from living there; a Pal can't even be at a bus stop that goes into one of those areas. Even the very name of the country, the "Jewish State", is apartheid. You have an interior minister who publically stated there should be segregation between the races. You have judges who refuse to recognize Bedouin villages that have been there for centuries.

No one is trying to throw jews into the sea. You're taking things that were said out of context so you can perpetuate a bullshit political agenda that is strikingly similar to that of nazi Germany. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. And it doesn't matter how many times you keep telling these lies, nothing will make them true.
ATTENTION!...... Loinboy is the prime example of the totally brainwashed or a paid puppet for the PLO.

John F. Kennedy
When the first Zionist conference met in 1897, Palestine was a neglected wasteland

I first saw Palestine in 1939. There the neglect and ruin left by centuries of Ottoman [Muslim] misrule were slowly being transformed by miracles of [Jewish] labor and sacrifice. But Palestine was still a land of promise in 1939, rather than a land of fulfillment. I returned in 1951 to see the grandeur of Israel

I left with the conviction that the United Nations may have conferred on Israel the credentials of nationhood; but its own idealism and courage, its own sacrifice and generosity, had earned the credentials of immortality.

Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom; and no area of the world has ever had an overabundance of democracy and freedom.

It is worth remembering, too, that Israel is a cause that stands beyond the ordinary changes and chances of American public life. In our pluralistic society, it has not been a Jewish cause - any more than Irish independence was solely the concern of Americans of Irish descent. The ideals of Zionism have, in the last half century, been repeatedly endorsed by Presidents and Members of Congress from both parties. Friendship for Israel is not a partisan matter. It is a national commitment.

The original Zionist philosophy has always maintained that the people of Israel would use their national genius not for selfish purposes but for the enrichment and glory of the entire Middle East. The earliest leaders of the Zionist movement spoke of a Jewish state which would have no military power and which would be content with victories of the spirit

The technical skills and genius of Israel have already brought their blessings to Burma and to Ethiopia. Still other nations in Asia and in Africa are eager to benefit from the special skills available in that bustling land
John F. Kennedy: Speech by Senator John F. Kennedy, Zionists of America Convention, Statler Hilton Hotel, New York, NY

Yale University Seal: Hebrew Stamp of Approval http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/01_03/seal.html
Hebrew words mean light and perfection

Yale’s early leaders had spiritual aspirations for their college and saw themselves as American successors to the ancient Israelites

Can anyone name one Ivy League university, or ANY respected American university, with arabic in its seal? No, I didn't think so

Last edited:

Forum List

Back