US Post Office Lost 3.8 BBBBBillion Last Year, Now They Are Ready For Healthcare

Republicans spent that much in a week in Iraq. No new record there. And what did we get? One of the most corrupt governments on earth who hates our guts.

The post office will never compete against "email". Connecting the dots on how that is the governments fault can only be accomplished by Republicans. They are good at "connecting the dots".

The post office does a great job.

I have used them to pay my bills for 30 years, and they have never lost a single letter!

comparing a porduct that has been on the decline for years with a product that will always grow is pretty stupid.

Have any of you checked out the Office of Management and Budget's figures (available on the WH website)?

$24.5 trillion debt by 2019. That figure does not include the current plans - healthcare, etc. That's 500% of our GDP.

We really need to stop looking at individual, partisan, politics and look at the big picture. We simply cannot afford it. Universal healthcare for everyone - great idea..... We don't have the money! We can't afford it. Cap and Trade - not a great idea but even if it was, we can't afford it! We don't have the money! The 'stimulus' package - even the fucking team in charge of it admits they can't audit it.

It's not about whether you're a liberal or a rightwinger.... it's about whether you think it's okay for the American government to take us from being the richest nation on the planet to a debt ridden, stuggling, junk nation where your children and their children will have no choice but to pay massive taxes to pay for our mistakes.

Just goes to show you that the fucking government can't do anything right.

Even with a monopoly on letter delivery they still can't break even.

apples to oranges...a dying system to a growing system....yall are just real sad with this ruse

I don't disagree but it's a fair point that no government run system ever really works profitably, simply because they don't need to. They know they don't have to turn a profit so money means nothing to them.

Everything our government runs is a fucking nightmare and healthcare will be no different. Have you read the Senate bill? There are vast numbers of new taxes hidden in it - they kick in immediately.... yet we will see no benefit from the bill until 2014! That works for you? Because it doesn't for me! They're planning to tax innovative drug creation - WTF? They're planning taxes on pacemakers - WTF? I stopped counting at 16 new taxes - just because I was losing the will to live!

This fucking bill is a nightmare!

Other than the military, can anyone name one thing the govt does that is worth our tax dollars?

How much money did the military make last year?

That is a good point, when I was in the military I thought we should run drugs to help Uncle Sam with the bills but the prudes in brass would not have it.

I feel vindicated by the Talaban's use of my idea.

The Govt has never run anything cheaply or well. As Cali says they don't have to make a profit and are run with tax dollar. YOu know. The never ending supply of money. Why should they be effecient?? They don't have to be as the tax dollars never run out. They have no board of directors. NO share holders and no one thats holdiing them accountable.

Amtrack, another Govt run entity that has never made a dime. They keep funding Amtrack with tax dollars so they don't have to turn a profit.

I can't see why anyone would want the Govt running healthcare. It will be another giant, money sucking, ineffcient red tape and paperwork burdened nightmare.

The Govt has never run anything cheaply or well. As Cali says they don't have to make a profit and are run with tax dollar. YOu know. The never ending supply of money. Why should they be effecient?? They don't have to be as the tax dollars never run out. They have no board of directors. NO share holders and no one thats holdiing them accountable.

Amtrack, another Govt run entity that has never made a dime. They keep funding Amtrack with tax dollars so they don't have to turn a profit.

I can't see why anyone would want the Govt running healthcare. It will be another giant, money sucking, ineffcient red tape and paperwork burdened nightmare.

Nightmare is the only word in that sentence that hasn't already been proved by the experience of other countries. As such, nightmare is a good guess.

The post office will pick up a letter at my house in NJ and deliver it to my brothers house in California within a week.........all for 44 cents

I would not deliver a letter to the other side of town for 44 cents

The reason they lose money is that they are not allowed to operate as a business. They are forced to keep routes in rural areas (also known as Red States) where they can't be efficient. They also have to charge everyone the same 44 cents

If you want the Post Office to make a profit, many of you will no longer be getting mail delivery

Last edited:

The post office will pick up a letter at my house in NJ and deliver it to my brothers house in California within a week.........all for 44 cents

I would not deliver a letter to the other side of town for 44 cents

The reason they lose money is that they are not allowed to operate as a business. They are forced to keep routes in rural areas (also known as Red States) where they can't be efficient. They also have to charege everyone the same 44 cents

If you want the Post Office to make a profit, many of you will no longer be getting mail delivery

i don't care if they make a profit. But I do care that they can't even break even so it becomes just another government fuck up that i end up subsidizing even if i don't use the post office as much as someone else.

Forum List

Back