Us planes in Syria are targets

Russian ground to air missles based in Syria are more than capable of bringing down our planes. Cargo & refueling aircraft are especially vulnerable.

Why is it that repubs want to waste the lives of our troops in wars that fail to produce results, or even achieve mission goals.

Russian ground to air missles based in Syria are more than capable of bringing down our planes. Cargo & refueling aircraft are especially vulnerable.

Why is it that repubs want to waste the lives of our troops in wars that fail to produce results, or even achieve mission goals.
Off shore cruise missiles will end any such threat. Attack our Navy and we will sweep all Russian assets back into Russia proper.

The USA cannot afford to get into a conflict. imo

First of all, the Democrats have decimated our forces, cut military funding during Obama years and de-moralized our troops. Obama removed most of the capable top tier military commanders and replaced them with limp wristed anti-Americans who would offer daisies to our enemies and probably give them intel of any strategic moves we made.

Second, if the USA got into a conflict with Russia, China would step in....and if the US got into a conflict with China, Russia would step in....eiher way aided by Iran and North Korea. At the same time, we could COUNT ON our EU allies to NOT be there if we needed them.
NATO (imo) doesn't really exist anymore or it is a one sided deal where only the US would come to anyones aid, but non of them would come to ours.

We're not in a good position to take on two super powers.
Here at home, Democrats would sabotage our means to replenish weapons. They would sniper factories and riot to make sure we could not manufacture munitions or supply troops

Last edited:
If any of that were true, you would have a point, kitty. But none of it is. China has no interest in a ME war at all. You don't understand geo-political strategy or the management and quality of operational assets.

If any of that were true, you would have a point, kitty. But none of it is. China has no interest in a ME war at all. You don't understand geo-political strategy or the management and quality of operational assets.

ok. if you say so. But I think the last sentence is true in all probability regardless.

China has a one road policy...that means China first. A weakened America helps assure that position.

ok. if you say so. But I think the last sentence is true in all probability regardless. China has a one road policy...that means China first. A weakened America helps assure that position.
That part about China is right. China will sit back if Russia and the USA get into a pissing match.

Russian surface to air missile batteries based in Syria are easy targets for the Tomahawk cruise missile. :wink:

wink.gif

ok. if you say so. But I think the last sentence is true in all probability regardless.

China has a one road policy...that means China first. A weakened America helps assure that position.
And Russia assured a weakened America by installing Trump in the Presidency

The US was acting in accord with the rules of engagement. If a Russian aircraft tries to shoot down one of ours, we will note which airfield the Russian jet came from...and render that airfield inoperable.
Its not US territory therefore anything the US says there is ignored as it should be. Its Syrian territory and Iranian and Russian troops etc were INVITED there.
Not to turn the subject too much, but yesterday afternoon our Man in Iraq, Dani, posted that Iran had sent six missiles into Syria to take out the terrorist enclaves that were responsible for the terrorist attack on their Parliament et al a couple weeks ago.
I heard absolutely nothing about that on the news or in the paper. Is it being stifled or did it not happen or is it not a big deal enough to report? Dani was ecstatic.

The pilot that got shot down was told to turn back repeatedly. I hope he survived.

I doubt AP would post about that.
Not the US's right to tell Syrian pilots or soldiers in Syria what to do. I hope Russia downs a US jet see how they like that. Oh and since you didn't mention it the pilot bailed out in ISIS territory....once again US allies its self with terrorists.

I can't help but wonder how many f-35's have already flown through the Russian ground defense system.

Forum List

Back