US Pilot Tells His John Kerry Experience

ajwps

Nov 7, 2003
Houston, TX
Chris Thomas, Air Force Pilot:

I'm confident that in approximately 15 minutes this article will be in the in boxes of every resident of the free world and maybe even a few people in France.

I would like to add my two cents about my John Kerry experience. During my career as an Air Force pilot, I spent two years flying a small twin engine prop plane around the Pacific from my base in Okinawa, Japan. On one trip we had to fly Senator Kerry, his congressional aide, and a Navy Captain (Vietnam, A-4 fighter pilot) who was also in Kerry's party to various locations in Vietnam and Cambodia as part of the MIA/POW talks. When I met him, he was wearing a shirt with a picture of his sailboat on it. I told him I had a 27' sailboat in Okinawa, he remarked "Oh I never sail on anything less than 135 feet."

Thanks, Senator, "I feel even better about the meager salary I get paid for flying you around the Pacific." When we first flew him into Phnom Penh, he went to the back of the airplane and grabbed the pizza that was put aside for the crew and passed it around to his staff. He was never offered any pizza because they were supposed to have lunch with the Cambodian government when we landed. The pizza was the crew's only meal for that day and he ate it. Then when we picked him up in Cambodia, he was an hour late getting to the airport. Because fuel was an issue, we could not start the engines and therefore the air conditioning until he arrived. Phnom Penh at that time was over 100 degrees with 95% humidity and we were basically sitting in a greenhouse behind the cockpit windows.

When he finally did arrive, we were wringing out our clothes from the perspiration. He walks out of the air conditioned car, into the airplane and asks us "Could you guys get the air-conditioning running, I'm a little warm?" The other pilot had to physically restrain me from going back there and picking a fight. Then we took him into Noi Bai airfield in Hanoi. After we picked him up the next day (he stayed the night in Vietnam, we stayed in Bangkok) we taxied out, ran up the engines for take off and noticed that our prop rpm was vibrating all over the place. We taxied off to the side to look at it, but there was a good possibility that there was an engine malfunction and the engine may fail if we took off with it.

Well, Mr. Senator sticks his head up in the cockpit and says "This plane WILL take off, I have a press conference in Bangkok in three hours!" (Maybe this is an indication of how he will run the FAA). American service members lives be damned, we had our Senatorial orders. We ran the engines again, and did not have the problem, so we took off and made it back. During the flight, he told everyone how he had taken a Cessna (a small General aviation plane)up with a fighter pilot, and the fighter pilot remarked that Kerry was one of the best pilots he had ever seen. I don't know about other pilots out there, but it's hard to imagine a little, single-engine prop plane pilot being able to show the "right stuff." After Kerry left the plane, the Navy Captain came up to us, apologized and said basically that "he knows Kerry is a jerk" and that we should be glad we don't have to deal with him every day. Your choice folks. Elections in November.

You want a mega-millionaire ego-maniac it's-all-about-me crew-eating-pizza-ite like Kerry or maybe a Green Party candidate like Ralph Nader? Or, God forbid, maybe even re-elect George Bush, a nice God fearing Christian bent on protecting us from terrorist attacks on US soil?

Hmmm, let's see? Continued freedom under President Bush or bombs in our backyard under Kerry (who will be sailing on his "minimum 135' yacht"). As Fox would say, "we report. You decide."

Whenever I see something like the above, I do several things. One, try to source it:

In this case find a pilot, Hal Cranmer with an email address, claiming to be the author:

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=1588

Then check Snopes. In all honesty, this usually 'debunks' this type of post. In this case though, it adds to the story, worth reading:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/pizza.asp

Excerpt:

Whatever the probity of the e-mailed account, the larger issue isn't whether this specific piece is true, but whether the sentiment it expresses — that Senator Kerry goes through life with his nose in the air, oblivious to the hoi polloi who inhabit his immediate surroundings — is accurate. In regards to that issue, we can confirm that others have reported experiencing similar encounters with Senator Kerry.

For example, humorist Dave Barry (a Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist whose work is carried by more than 500 newspapers in the U.S. and abroad) concluded a 2003 article about potential presidential candidates with the following observation:

In conclusion, I want to extend my sincere best wishes to all of my opponents, Republican and Democrat, and to state that, in the unlikely event I am not elected, I will support whoever is, even if it is Sen. John Kerry, who once came, with his entourage, into a ski-rental shop in Ketchum, Idaho, where I was waiting patiently with my family to rent snowboards, and Sen. Kerry used one of his lackeys to flagrantly barge in line ahead of us and everybody else, as if he had some urgent senatorial need for a snowboard, like there was about to be an emergency meeting, out on the slopes, of the Joint Halfpipe Committee. I say it's time for us, as a nation, to put this unpleasant incident behind us. I know that I, for one, have forgotten all about it. That is how fair and balanced I am.

Kathianne said:
Whenever I see something like the above, I do several things. One, try to source it:

In this case find a pilot, Hal Cranmer with an email address, claiming to be the author:

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=1588

Then check Snopes. In all honesty, this usually 'debunks' this type of post. In this case though, it adds to the story, worth reading:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/pizza.asp

Excerpt:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/7/2/212352.shtml

There are a number of Vietnam Vets who have spoken out against John Kerry the decorated war veteran. Why isn't John Kerry dragging out these vets on his electioneering tour?

Vietnam Vets Speak Out on John Kerry

Monday, July 5, 2004
Although John Kerry accumulated a Silver Star, a Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts in a relatively brief 4-month tour in Vietnam as a Swift Boat skipper, many of those who served on the combat patrol vessels in that era have come out swinging against the Democratic presidential candidate.

Last May about 25 of the vets -- organized into a group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth -- went to the order on Kerry at a special press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.

I've seen the pizza story somewhere before. It crossed my mind when I found the article about how he wouldn't pay the $847 bill at the airport. And people say conservatives are the uncaring, greedy ones.

LOL, I didn't even have to go to snopes to know this thing was a load of bs.

He should have included the part where he wanted to use the bathroom, that really is only supposed to be for crewmembers, when he walks in only to find out that Kerry was too lazy and decided just to dump his load in the sink, which of course Mr. Thomas had to clean up, only the towell, which really was supposed to be for crewmembers, was the same towell Kerry had used for toilet paper, so Mr. Thomas then had to take off his shirt to clean Kerry's crap.

Palestinian Jew said:

He should have included the part where he wanted to use the bathroom, that really is only supposed to be for crewmembers, when he walks in only to find out that Kerry was too lazy and decided just to dump his load in the sink, which of course Mr. Thomas had to clean up, only the towell, which really was supposed to be for crewmembers, was the same towell Kerry had used for toilet paper, so Mr. Thomas then had to take off his shirt to clean Kerry's crap.

That's the bitch, eh PJ? Go to Snopes and find Dave Barry saying the same blasted stuff at a different point in time. Sucks to be you.

Palestinian Jew said:

So an Arab who has trouble with spelling the word towel would certainly know about a true war hero, a now admitted Jewish Kerry who defecates in a sink. Yep it would be nice if you could get Mr. Kerry elected in November as the Osamas of the world would have no one in the world to stop their Jihad against mankind.

Look Muhammad, you had better bet your turban that George W. Bush doesn't get a second term in office. Bush and his administration is rapidly destroying your Taliban crew around the world and now there are only 1/3 of your Muslim murderers left. Soon you will be in the crosshairs no matter which country you hide.

You will be cleaning crap out of cess pools with your tongue in what will turn out to be your paradise.

:ali:

Forum List

Back