US Oil and gasoline exports soar

Nope... my beliefs are based in freedom.... yours are the ones based on control, seizing, etc

ThomHartmann.com - This is a Game Where Principles are the Stake

Read this and tell me if you think you represent a modern day Jefferson or do you represent John Adams.

I say you are Adams.

Hope for the best, organize for a better America, and recognize the power and evil unleashed by politicians who believe that campaign lies are defensible, laws gutting the Bill of Rights are acceptable, and that the ends justifies the means.

Several states had gone completely over to Adam's side, particularly Massachusetts which was filled with preachers who wanted theocracy established in America, and Connecticut, which had become the epicenter of the wealthy who wanted to control the government's agenda for their own gain. It was red states and blue states, writ large. There was even discussion of Massachusetts seceding from the rest of the nation, which had become too "liberal" (to use George Washington's term) and secular.

quite contraire young man, YOU specifically mentioned that what they EARN is similar to other companies....

thus the OPENING for me to show you what they DO EARN on their investment dollar....

Profit margin is on RETAIL dollars sold not on what they invested, what they actually had to put out of their own money.

There was no twisting and turning, it is a FACT, they earn around 20 cents on every dollar invested....21 cents plus, to be precise....

They COUNT on most people, to NOT understand what profit margins really are and how they are calculated on retail revenues and makes the average joe think they are only making 10.8 cents on every dollar they put in to the business, but this is NOT true....they earn 21 cents on every dollar they put in to the company....which as stated previously, is much much much much more than you and i earn on our invested dollar....unless of course we invested all that we have in Exxon, then we would be earning the same as them on our buck....and many people have invested in them to make a buck or two....not knocking that at all...

profit margin is not the same as ROI...their return on their investment.....

it is just one of many figures being reported....and is a gage of how their business is doing at retail/wholesale.... it is not what they make on their own buck spent, that is their ROI....

Care

Oh contraire... if you would have done something other than just copy and paste from the stock information page, and understood what the numbers actually mean, you would have actually learned something..

next I would actually advise looking at the profit numbers, total expenditures, etc.... you may actually learn something

You may also want to realize ROI is not exact and is generally used to compare choices in investment

but nice try again

ThomHartmann.com - This is a Game Where Principles are the Stake

Read this and tell me if you think you represent a modern day Jefferson or do you represent John Adams.

I say you are Adams.

Hope for the best, organize for a better America, and recognize the power and evil unleashed by politicians who believe that campaign lies are defensible, laws gutting the Bill of Rights are acceptable, and that the ends justifies the means.

Several states had gone completely over to Adam's side, particularly Massachusetts which was filled with preachers who wanted theocracy established in America, and Connecticut, which had become the epicenter of the wealthy who wanted to control the government's agenda for their own gain. It was red states and blue states, writ large. There was even discussion of Massachusetts seceding from the rest of the nation, which had become too "liberal" (to use George Washington's term) and secular.

And I say you're either Marx or Lenin

see... 2 can play that game

But the fact remains that you have a mantra of seizing and control, wealth redistribution, and the hindrance of freedom in a free society

But the fact remains that you have a mantra of seizing and control, wealth redistribution, and the hindrance of freedom in a free society
Isn't that what allowing the oil companies to drill off the coasts of states is? Seizing control away from the states, using the wealth to enrich the corporation, and limiting states rights.

No, you are a fascist. You are the one who constantly throws out the socialsist thing, so I was showing YOU that two can play that game. What a joke.

Seizing control? Wrong party. That's the GOP.

Wealth distribution? You mean like the tax breaks to the rich while jacking up the debt? Talk about putting the tax burden on us.

Hinderance of freedom? You mean like taking habius corpus away or spying on Americans? LOL. You are too funny.:cuckoo:

Isn't that what allowing the oil companies to drill off the coasts of states is? Seizing control away from the states, using the wealth to enrich the corporation, and limiting states rights.

Funny... looks like the proposal was to give that opportunity BACK to the states... in allowing offshore and land based drilling in their areas...

Funny... looks like the proposal was to give that opportunity BACK to the states... in allowing offshore and land based drilling in their areas...
If it was the states would have the final say. According to the latest proposal, the one that both candidates are leaning toward, Florida would get no say in the matter. And I don't know if you follow LA politics, but only recently have they been able to force the Fed to give them tax revenues from offshore drilling.

So who gets rich? The corporations at the expense of the states. If drilling impacts Florida negatively, are the oil companies going to make up the difference? The federal government?

:doubt:

No, you are a fascist. You are the one who constantly throws out the socialsist thing, so I was showing YOU that two can play that game. What a joke.

Seizing control? Wrong party. That's the GOP.

Wealth distribution? You mean like the tax breaks to the rich while jacking up the debt? Talk about putting the tax burden on us.

Hinderance of freedom? You mean like taking habius corpus away or spying on Americans? LOL. You are too funny.:cuckoo:

Hmmm.. you are the one advocating the government seizure and wealth redistribution

also funny that I have proposed EQUAL burden taxation and not a punishment based system... elimination of loopholes... etc

And remind me in which war that we were not allowed to intercept enemy communications??? Whether they were wholly transmitted/delivered in a foreign area or thru communication into our country... I'll be awaiting your reply

You are indeed more of the fascist in your political beliefs... and it shows in every post that you have with seizure, force, and control.... your ideas would work in a society of robots, slaves, and prisoners... but not in a freedom based soceity

why was the decision taken away from the states in the first place?

i would look it up, but figure asking would be faster

why was the decision taken away from the states in the first place?

i would look it up, but figure asking would be faster
Because the waters are under the federal jurisdiction. The latest proposal does let other states weigh in on off-shore drilling, but not Florida, because supposedly Florida has the most likely biggest cache of oil and natural gas. And now instead of drilling 150 miles off the west coast of Florida, they are proposing drilling 50 miles off the west coast of Florida.

Wrong, bobo

McCain on Monday said incentives could possibly be provided for states that choose to permit exploration off their coasts, adding that "exploration is a step toward the longer-term goal."
McCain wants to lift ban on offshore drilling - CNN.com
Under Bush's proposal, states would help decide how drilling would be conducted off their shores. It is unclear how much oil would be available. Bush said it could eventually be enough to produce 10 years' worth of America's current oil production.
Bush lifts oil drilling ban, wants Congress to act

The states would have the decision and lease rights.... it is not just opening up everything for the sole benefit of the oil companies... though that is the common rallying cry of the far left extremists

Oh contraire... if you would have done something other than just copy and paste from the stock information page, and understood what the numbers actually mean, you would have actually learned something..

next I would actually advise looking at the profit numbers, total expenditures, etc.... you may actually learn something

You may also want to realize ROI is not exact and is generally used to compare choices in investment

but nice try again

I know precisely what i am talking about....here's a kindergarten level example for you....

as a simple example....

let's say it cost me $5 bucks to make a loaf of bread, i sell that loaf of bread for $10 bucks at retail....

$10 in revenues
- $ 5 in my cost to make it
- $3 in taxes owed

which is a :

20% PROFIT margin

HOWEVER, the baker really only invested $5 bucks of his own money to make the bread....

so you take the $2 bucks he made in profit at retail and divide it by what he invested, the $5 bucks.... to show what return he made on his investment... in this case he made a 40% return on his investment.

this is as simply as i can put it.....

care

Wrong, bobo

McCain on Monday said incentives could possibly be provided for states that choose to permit exploration off their coasts, adding that "exploration is a step toward the longer-term goal."
Under Bush's proposal, states would help decide how drilling would be conducted off their shores. It is unclear how much oil would be available. Bush said it could eventually be enough to produce 10 years' worth of America's current oil production.

The states would have the decision and lease rights.... it is not just opening up everything for the sole benefit of the oil companies... though that is the common rallying cry of the far left extremists

They've said a lot of things that turned out to be wrong.

Americans want to drill off shore and anwar because they are stupid and don't realize what the Oil companies and Republicans are doing:

“The defenders of the status quo are the ones who have dug us into this hole,” Gore said, commenting that Americans have been “so often fooled into finding a remedy for a problem" that has nothing to do with the problem at hand — pointing to the invasion of Iraq when America was attacked by terrorists in Afghanistan as an example.

“The engines of distraction and the great concentrated power of communication that you’ve seen turned on this issue or that issue is already hard at work," he says. "They will say we can’t switch away from oil."

They've said a lot of things that turned out to be wrong.

Americans want to drill off shore and anwar because they are stupid and don't realize what the Oil companies and Republicans are doing:

“The defenders of the status quo are the ones who have dug us into this hole,” Gore said, commenting that Americans have been “so often fooled into finding a remedy for a problem" that has nothing to do with the problem at hand — pointing to the invasion of Iraq when America was attacked by terrorists in Afghanistan as an example.

“The engines of distraction and the great concentrated power of communication that you’ve seen turned on this issue or that issue is already hard at work," he says. "They will say we can’t switch away from oil."

I read something earlier about the right wing having a meltdown because Obama suggested keeping your tires inflated was a good way to save gas. Which it is. And according to our own government, we'd save more by keeping our tires inflated than we'd pump out of ANWAR.

Wrong, bobo

Under Bush's proposal, states would help decide how drilling would be conducted off their shores. It is unclear how much oil would be available. Bush said it could eventually be enough to produce 10 years' worth of America's current oil production.[/I]

sooooo, our current daily production in America is what....? only enough to supply us with 25% of our current needs....right? 5=10 years from now when it goes online.... it will produce what our companies combined are producing today and only for a 10 year period?

so we go from having 2% of the world's oil reserves now, if we continue to bring up our oil at the same rate and these wells don't dry up and add all that other oil that is equal to that amount 5 years from now , and the USA now has 4% of the world's oil reserves with all of this new found gulf oil, with the usa using 27% of the world's oil reserves pumped out, each and every year....

bringing up the world's oil supplies by 2% is not going to reduce world oil or gas prices here and it is not going to make the USA fossil fuel/foreign oil dependent....

so, tell me again why you are stuck on this idea?

in 1995 the gop reneged a law that required usa oil to be sold to us first, so the oil companies don't even have to sell our own oil on our own land, to us!!!!

i really would first want that law reinstated before handing over additional leases to them!

and it may hurt us more than help us, long term with less urgency to get off of foreign oil....verses the focus on alternatives and being foreign oil FREE!

care

sooooo, our current daily production in America is what....? only enough to supply us with 25% of our current needs....right? 5=10 years from now when it goes online.... it will produce what our companies combined are producing today and only for a 10 year period?

so we go from having 2% of the world's oil reserves now, if we continue to bring up our oil at the same rate and these wells don't dry up and add all that other oil that is equal to that amount 5 years from now , and the USA now has 4% of the world's oil reserves with all of this new found gulf oil, with the usa using 27% of the world's oil reserves pumped out, each and every year....

bringing up the world's oil supplies by 2% is not going to reduce world oil or gas prices here and it is not going to make the USA fossil fuel/foreign oil dependent....

so, tell me again why you are stuck on this idea?

in 1995 the gop reneged a law that required usa oil to be sold to us first, so the oil companies don't even have to sell our own oil on our own land, to us!!!!

i really would first want that law reinstated before handing over additional leases to them!

and it may hurt us more than help us, long term with less urgency to get off of foreign oil....verses the focus on alternatives and being foreign oil FREE!

care

Nice post. America first, not oil company profits.

Forum List

Back