US Navy Ship Opens Fire on Boat in Gulf

Now that we got that all squared away :clap2:

I did unreps in the Canisteo AO 99, 79-81. Underway replenishment is the most awesome sights to behold. Controlled chaos. I was the duty Gunnermate and shot the line across with the M14 line throwing kit. We also had three emergency breakaways while I was in the med 1981. No one got hurt but we had some close calls.

I remember the Canisteo, I was on LPH-12, 86-89... Yeah "controlled chaos" sums it up nicely. The whole thing with driving two (or 3) pieces of giant floating steel that close together always had a certain amount of lunacy to it.:lol:

We called ourselves a "floating 7-11" when we unrepped a Battle Group it was 72 hrs no sleep except on deck between ships. Carriers were the worst 8-10 hrs of JP5,bombs, rockets and geedunk.

BartlesJaymes.jpg

Mostly for the geedunk, tho
:D

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
t
I remember the Canisteo, I was on LPH-12, 86-89... Yeah "controlled chaos" sums it up nicely. The whole thing with driving two (or 3) pieces of giant floating steel that close together always had a certain amount of lunacy to it.:lol:

We called ourselves a "floating 7-11" when we unrepped a Battle Group it was 72 hrs no sleep except on deck between ships. Carriers were the worst 8-10 hrs of JP5,bombs, rockets and geedunk.

BartlesJaymes.jpg

I bet you were a geedunk ho, and a fatboy :D

Last edited:

BartlesJaymes.jpg

I be you were a geedunk ho, and a fatboy :D

My dept PO was in the FB club.
I've only recently joined those ranks

I was qualified on the helm and lee helm for restricted maneuvering so I was at the wheel during those refueling missions
:cool:

The Mid East is in turmoil US Navy ships are operating in a war zone every day. The Navy Seals are up in the mountains of Afghanistan while a boat load of suicidal terrorists tries to blow up a soft target Navy ship armed with a single machine gun and loaded with gas. How long did it take to get permission from the Pentagon to fire on the threat? What the hell are the Seals doing in the mountains?

Forum List

Back