US Navy Ship Opens Fire on Boat in Gulf

Oct 8, 2009
Is Obama rushing to Dubai to apologize for this one?

A US ship has fired on a boat off the coast of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), US officials say.

The USNS Rappahannock fired on a vessel after it ignored warnings and rapidly approached the ship, the US Navy says.

There is no confirmation of casualties although a UAE official said an Indian fisherman had been killed and three more wounded.

The US has increased its presence in the Gulf after Iran renewed threats to close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.
BBC News - US Navy ship fires on boat in Gulf

Last edited:

A US ship has fired on a boat off the coast of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), US officials say.

The USNS Rappahannock fired on a vessel after it ignored warnings and rapidly approached the ship, the US Navy says.

There is no confirmation of casualties although a UAE official said an Indian fisherman had been killed and three more wounded.

The US has increased its presence in the Gulf after Iran renewed threats to close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

Just you wait 'til Obama gives those corpse-men a piece of his mind!!!

I hope it was someone important from the United Arab Emirates

I wonder if there were any paralegals around to help treat the injuries?

The Rap is one of my former ships when I was stationed at Military Sealift Command. She is an oiler manned by civilian mariners including a civilian captain (master). They have a military detachment for communications and supply functions. The doc (Medical Services Officer) is a former Navy Independent Duty Corpsman. The ones who fired on the enemy vessel were from a security detachment attached to the ship due to the area of operation. I cannot discuss more on that due to the classified nature of their assignment. I hope I don't sound like a braggart.

A combat ready ship from the greatest Navy that ever sailed on any ocean fired on a plywood Criss Craft with 4 terrorists aboard and only managed to kill one. Somethings not right.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
A combat ready ship from the greatest Navy that ever sailed on any ocean fired on a plywood Criss Craft with 4 terrorists aboard and only managed to kill one. Somethings not right.

What is not right is that it is not a combat ready ship.

Not a combat ship, Military Sealift Command, all cilvilans except a security detachment. If any American ship USNS or USS is approached they have the right to warn and if the warnining is not heeded, to fire upon as if hostile.

Please know what the fuck you are posting about before you post and show your ignorant ass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back