US military surplus 1911s available. Almost.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
1911-Pistol-e1526394483894.jpg

Good news for gun lovers and collectors.

To get one of these pieces of U.S. military history, you’ll have to fill out the order documents posted on 4 June on the CMP website. If you have questions, on that date — and only beginning on that date — you can call: 256-835-8455, ext. 461, or email at [email protected]

More @ US military surplus 1911s available. Almost.

To get one of these pieces of U.S. military history, you’ll have to fill out the order documents posted on 4 June on the CMP website. If you have questions, on that date — and only beginning on that date — you can call: 256-835-8455, ext. 461, or email at [email protected]

Better quality pistols are available at almost any gun show. No hoops to jump through, and because there is such an abundance they are relatively cheap.

Better quality pistols are available at almost any gun show. No hoops to jump through, and because there is such an abundance they are relatively cheap.

Yah, I saw that. The price is a bit daunting for wore out surplus weapons. I can own a piece of Americana for a lot less in better shape.

...we used these in the mid 80s USMC ...they seemed ''well broken in'' at that time :laugh:
..you needed to ''zero'' them...
I fired very well with them.....if you need more than 7 [ 8 ] rounds that they hold, then you either need a heavy MG for the situation, or practice

Oo OOo! There's this place in GA that has a crapton of M1s and 1911s.

I wish I could have known about them years ago. Would have bought my cousin an original M1, just like he used in the war. He couldn't even find one, had to get some composite stock thing. That makes me sad.

I wish I could have known about them years ago. Would have bought my cousin an original M1, just like he used in the war. He couldn't even find one, had to get some composite stock thing. That makes me sad.
how much were they?? that would be nice to have the pair

Some place in Georgia. Oh! The name escapes me. Something about Marksmanship.

3 letters, big facility.

3 letters, big facility.
those are the ''main'' weapons of the WW2 US forces....
1911A1 also used in Nam
....I'm sure the troops wanted more rounds in the pistol in WW2...but, it had to be practical ....that was your ''final stand'' weapon or to stop your troops from shooting the guards
I think Lt Col Sparks has a 45 there....??
he's firing it in the air to stop his men shooting guards
FelixSparks2.jpg

Dachau Massacre - Waffen-SS soldiers executed by I Company, 157th Regiment, 45th Thunderbird Division

3 letters, big facility.

First it was called the DCM (Department of Civil Marksmanship) and then they changed their name to the CMP (Civil Marksmanship Program).

3 letters, big facility.

First it was called the DCM (Department of Civil Marksmanship) and then they changed their name to the CMP (Civil Marksmanship Program).

That's it! That's the one! :113: CMP in GA

Forum List

Back