US military rules under review after soldiers surrendered pistol to Mexican troops on American soil

US military rules under review after soldiers surrendered pistol to Mexican troops on American soil

US soldiers handed their guns to a foreign military ON OUR SOIL. Jimmy Carter's Iran rescue mission was less embarrassing. MAGA!

You would rather a shooting match would have ensued? Both of these US Military Troops stayed within their orders. They defused the situation and prevented any bloodshed. It got ironed out and the weapon was returned when the Mexican Military learned of their mistake. No harm done. Kudos to both of these Professional Soldiers.

The stupid thing to do in this particular situation would be to escalate it....

All this story proves is that we do indeed need a wall....

US soldiers handed their guns to a foreign military ON OUR SOIL. Jimmy Carter's Iran rescue mission was less embarrassing. MAGA!

You would rather a shooting match would have ensued? Both of these US Military Troops stayed within their orders. They defused the situation and prevented any bloodshed. It got ironed out and the weapon was returned when the Mexican Military learned of their mistake. No harm done. Kudos to both of these Professional Soldiers.
Fuck'em. I'da called for an air strike.

It's against our constitution for American soldiers to be deployed WITHIN the United States.

I know Republicans and Trump want desperately to turn this country into a police state, but we aren't there yet.

D4jSSXnXkAoQ1U-.jpg

We will fight back at the ballot box no matter how many Russians help Trump and the GOP.

It's against our constitution for American soldiers to be deployed WITHIN the United States.

I know Republicans and Trump want desperately to turn this country into a police state, but we aren't there yet.

D4jSSXnXkAoQ1U-.jpg

We will fight back at the ballot box no matter how many Russians help Trump and the GOP.

Keep fighting back. If the dummies continue to "fight back" over such non-existent issues instead of doing their job and governing the country Trump will win bigger in the next election.

D4jSSXnXkAoQ1U-.jpg

Keep fighting back. If the dummies continue to "fight back" over such non-existent issues instead of doing their job and governing the country Trump will win bigger in the next election.
Well, that just underscores my New Wave Christian and the Traditional Christian. The Traditional Christian believe babies in cages is a bad thing. Traditional Christians believe needy billionaires aren't actually "needy" and don't need tax cuts. Traditional Christians don't want people facing medical bills to go homeless. There are all kinds of things Traditional Christians believe in that Trump's New Wave Christians don't consider at all.

So Mexican soldiers disarmed our military on our own soil but I’m supposed to be mad because Russia might have posted Boomer memes on Facebook. Got it, thanks journos

I think the argument for controlling immigration is something all Americans ought to be able to agree with, I mean, unless you are very rich or you’re the Koch Brothers or a corporation.

How did Mexican troops invade US soil?

Oh yeah. A wall is needed there.

We should never put our soldiers at risk in places like that by denying them ammunition, and also the numbers to repel a hostile force, especially on our soil. The Mexican force was obviously larger, and actually had ammunition in their weapons. Ours didn't. The politicians don't want an "incident" because the media and Democrats would be screaming that the border is like another Kent State with our soldiers shooting "innocents".

ONE OR 20 , 200 , 2000 foreign military pushing up daisies , what is the problem eh ?? Some have said the might be criminal anyway not that that matters to me . Criminal or 'mexican' military , mexican cop not much difference anyway .

ONE OR 20 , 200 , 2000 foreign military pushing up daisies , what is the problem eh ?? Some have said the might be criminal anyway not that that matters to me . Criminal or 'mexican' military , mexican cop not much difference anyway .

I think the fear is that an Illegal Alien gets shot, and the Media firestorm that would follow. Therefore well make our military defenseless and ineffective. Border Patrol are armed, therefore the military that supports them should be trained in border patrol, and armed.

The Posse Comitatus Act, may come into play here, not sure.

However, it's definitely concerning that any of our troops would have surrendered weapons to a foreign power on our soil.

This needs further investigation.

I think the fear is that an Illegal Alien gets shot, and the Media firestorm that would follow. Therefore well make our military defenseless and ineffective. Border Patrol are armed, therefore the military that supports them should be trained in border patrol, and armed.
----------------------------- i think that too much is made of this much touted TRAINING as the invaders simply laugh . Set the USA Military loose to police and turn the invaders away from the USA . Heck , we had Border Enforcement in the 50s [Operation Wetback] that were probably much better and efficient in doing the job in the 50s with much better and more practical enforcement than today . ------------- training , training , training . I think its all BS , orders should simply be to turn back the invasion and Blue Rubber Gloves aren't needed for that job .

Yep they use training as an excuse, but I say give them whatever rudimentary training they need, and turn them loose.

"Mexico’s Soldiers recently pulled guns on our National Guard Soldiers, probably as a diversionary tactic for drug smugglers on the Border. Better not happen again! We are now sending ARMED SOLDIERS to the Border. Mexico is not doing nearly enough in apprehending & returning!" - President Trump

Forum List

Back