US Military Options Aside From "Boots On The Ground" For Darfur

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
so if we can't put boots on the ground, what else could we do to stop genocide in Sudan?

- stage a destroyer or two in front of Port Sudan and keep oil shipments from heading to nations like China and Pakistan, in essence a full scale oil blockade

- pinpoint, precise attacks on Sudanese helicopters and jets in military airfields throughout the nation... in essence, this would remove the regime's favored "gov't" assault, which is to strafe and bomb innocent civilians in key towns and villages.

- Human Rights Watch has up to date satellite photos of Janjaweed (the main weapon of the regime, genocidal Arab militias) camps... these could be bombed or struck with cruise missiles and wiped out in a matter of hours.

this would save all of us several months of wasted talks and let the sudanese know that while regime change may not be in the works, america will not stand by and do nothing as genocide continues.

Put a carrier task force and a Marine Expeditionary Unit off the coast and tell them they have 24 hours to knock it off or we'll blow their ass back to the stone age. If they don't listen, blow up Sudanese military bases and Janaweed bases.

Doc Holiday said:
Put a carrier task force and a Marine Expeditionary Unit off the coast and tell them they have 24 hours to knock it off or we'll blow their ass back to the stone age. If they don't listen, blow up Sudanese military bases and Janaweed bases.

i love the way you think :clap1: my carrier task force would be glad to handle that responsiblity

I listened to a retired defense analyst who also mentioned strikes on oil facilities should be considered as well, as that would impose the highest cost on Sudan's economy and that of their supporters like China, Russia, France and Pakistan.

NATO AIR said:
I listened to a retired defense analyst who also mentioned strikes on oil facilities should be considered as well, as that would impose the highest cost on Sudan's economy and that of their supporters like China, Russia, France and Pakistan.

Hey guys--watch it---you're making to much sense. That rarely flies in todays' politics. :scratch:

dilloduck said:
Hey guys--watch it---you're making to much sense. That rarely flies in todays' politics. :scratch:

of course not

but i've been waging this struggle for months now, and though i'm now a political battle hardened operative (after being knocked around, lied to, misled, disheartened, defeated, etc etc), i still have a bit of idealism mixed in, just with a whole lot of common sense. the war continues and we will win somehow :crutch:

Forum List

Back