US Military Commercials

Discussion in 'Military' started by Cain, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Cain

Cain Air Force DEP

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I decided to take 1 commercial from each branch, and show them on here, just to have a video for everyone to watch on each branch. I like them just because they show the awesome uniforms lol (ABU's not Class A's) I really love the ABU's more then Class A's, idk why, I guess just because their cheaper haha. Here we go:

United States Army

United States Navy

United States Air Force

United States Marine Core

United States Coast Guard

Hope yalll like them, tried to get decent ones.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    They're called ABU's now? Back in the day we just called em "cami's".

3. Cain

Cain Air Force DEP

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I used to think they where BDU's but apparently their ABU's now. Their is supposed to be different types for different jobs. Security Forces where's ABU's, here is a website of what I will get to wear, I believe:

Airman Battle Uniform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are phasing out the BDU for the ABU, if I understand correctly. I like the Air Force ABU's a LOT!

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,020
    ABU is an airforce term. Army calls them BDU's Not sure what the navy calls them, Marines mostly just call them cammies.

5. westcoast

westcoast BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are phasing out the BDU for the ABU, if I understand correctly. I like the Air Force ABU's a LOT![/QUOTE]

ABU is an airforce term. Army calls them BDU's Not sure what the navy calls them, Marines mostly just call them cammies.[/QUOTE]

I just got out of the military AF after six years and those ABU's are just crappy old BDU's with a new color, they really suck and are no improvement over the post 30 years of unifroms the AF has had. The Army and the Marines have the best unifroms and everyone calls there BDU's the shit they wear to work:eusa_drool:

6. Cain

Cain Air Force DEP

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Oh ok, sorry for making the mistake.

ABU is an airforce term. Army calls them BDU's Not sure what the navy calls them, Marines mostly just call them cammies.[/QUOTE]

I just got out of the military AF after six years and those ABU's are just crappy old BDU's with a new color, they really suck and are no improvement over the post 30 years of unifroms the AF has had. The Army and the Marines have the best unifroms and everyone calls there BDU's the shit they wear to work:eusa_drool:[/QUOTE]

I just really like the pattern on the ABU, I really cannot wait to earn it, I just, love their look idk why lol. I really cannot wait to earn the Security Forces Beret.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:140&biw=1366&bih=667

Not sure if that is the correct one as of now, but I believe that is the correct beret, correct me if I am wrong please

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    I was Security Police for almost ten years and I hated that fuckin' beret! It's like havin' a rubber o-ring around yer head and it doesn't give any shade protection either.

I wore the Army BDU hat or just a plain adjustable baseball style hat whenever possible.

8. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,458
    I believe the Army has gone from the BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) to the ACU (Army Combat Uniform).

9. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    The current version is hot. There is no lightweight version as the BDU had. They're supposed to take out a layer of fabric in the ABU jacket to make them a little cooler.

10. Cain

Cain Air Force DEP

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I am just going to be proud to earn it. Do you know if they've changed the style of beret since you where in?

Yea, I read about that, honestly, I just can't wait to be able to wear it, and show the world I can do something with myself.