US Middle schools are to promote "Tolerance"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...12&u=/ap/20050123/ap_on_re_us/no_name_calling

Im so sick and tired of this. Will the left ever stop their social experiments in our schools and just think about teaching students to read, write, and do math and science? How about we focus on teaching students the subjects they are supposed to be learning in school and leave moral teachings to their parents?

Im all for tolerance, but there is a huge difference between tolerance and indoctrination.

chill dude ...somebody has to work for you kids...think of all the time they are saving your sone when he achives managment at 25......i always tell me son....signing the front of the check is better than signing the back

manu1959 said:
chill dude ...somebody has to work for you kids...think of all the time they are saving your sone when he achives managment at 25......i always tell me son....signing the front of the check is better than signing the back

Am I thick or something? I tend to like signing the back more then the front means more money for me. I guess your just a giving person.

I just gotta wonder when some of these people last graduated. At least when I was in HS a few years ago it was "cool" to be black, and calling someone a "white boy" was an insult of the highest order.

pegwinn said:
NE, Hi. It is the job of schools to educate. It isn't thier job to teach tolerance, values, morals, religion, ethics, etc. That falls to the parents and possibly the churches. Teachers and School officials should stay out of the morals debate by simply being a good example while preparing lil johnny to be a productive citizen.

Well, since parents have abdicated their responsibility in this arena, it necessarily falls to the schools. Get over it.

wolvie20m said:
I'm tired of seeing all this pro-gay CRAP, yes that’s what it is CRAP!.. While I have nothing against gays, and whatever they do is their business. I agree with most of you here on this Gay awareness day is Bullshit, it seems more like gay promotion day. Young minds are very impressionable, this is corrupting young minds. Also to think this will make it ok to come out and be gay, I think not children are mean, I was mean I won't lie. This would simply give me a chuckle and then make me want to call other kids that aren't. So what happens to the kids that aren't gay and are the picked on ones they now become gay and et even more picked on. I just don't see any good coming out of something like this. Tolerance starts at home not at the school, peer pressure to make fun of people is what they should be taking care of. What about the geeks and less fortunate children that have been getting made fun of for decades where's the tolerance class for that? I'm personally waiting for a strait day.

Yessiree, just like parents takin' th' little ones to Klan rallies corrupts the minds of children. Your argument falls flat on its face, just like any other argument for marginalizing same-gender couples. There is no difference between arguments and the arguments for anti-miscegenation laws left over from the Jim Crowe era. Get over it.

Bullypulpit said:
Well, since parents have abdicated their responsibility in this arena, it necessarily falls to the schools. Get over it.

Good point. Still, if the school is going to promote moral and ethical values, they need to keep them generic. I wouldn't have a problem if they brought up homosexuality once the kids started getting deep into sex education in health. That way, they avoid stripping even more innocence from the kid. However, instead of absolute tolerance, like they're doing now, they should simply teach that it's wrong to pick on somebody in a mean-spirited fashion (friends rip on each other all the time, it's when you do it to hurt that it's wrong). If you don't like someone, you don't have to be their friend, but you shouldn't hurt them, either.

That said, assuming I ever get married and have kids (one can only hope), I'm going to be teaching these things to my kids, unlike the irresponsible parents who let the schools and TV raise their kids.

Bullypulpit said:

I totally disagree. It is still the parent's responsibility to instill values in their children. The state is not a default parent or nanny to kids whose parents don't teach them values.

gop_jeff said:
I totally disagree. It is still the parent's responsibility to instill values in their children. The state is not a default parent or nanny to kids whose parents don't teach them values.

But that is Bully's philosophy didn't you know Jeff? That government know's best, that parents are dupes not smart enough to tie their own shoes.

In reality Bully can't handle daily life so he relies on outside influences to handle the rough chores for him....sad really.

here is a shocking bit of truth:

No child is "gay". No child is "homosexual". If a person never has sex with another of the same sex, that person is never 'gay'. Gay simply is...as gay does.

• Thanks
Reactions: OCA
-=d=- said:

No child is "gay". No child is "homosexual". If a person never has sex with another of the same sex, that person is never 'gay'. Gay simply is...as gay does.

You'll never convince DU of that :scratch:

-=d=- said:

I'll be damned if that doesn't hit the nail on the head!

Forum List

Back