US Marines Seize Taliban Headquarters, IDs, Photos

Right, where is he rdean? Did I say he was captured? If so I misspoke... Or are you trying to say that we never made a surge in Afghan (edit) until now? I don't understand what you're trying to get at.

Any intel we had, including intel achieved by those captured, said that Bin Laden was "cornered" in Tora Bora, when the US pulled up stakes and went to Iraq.

NO, that's not what happened you stupid fuck.

This is good news as the military can operate effectively when an administration listens to the commanders in the field.
However, if and when the Afghan "military and police" take charge will be the final answer.
I once saw an ad for a Russian AK-47 that was issued to Afghan communist troops when the Russians invaded there. Those troops also fought the mujadeen which is what we see in the Taliban there now. The ad read:
"Afghan troop issued Russian AK-47 for sale. Exellent condition. Only dropped once".

Ame®icano;2027273 said:
Not trying to speak for Americano but the what I am getting out of his post is that with a different president certain people seem fine with this surge that were not fine with the other. I could be wrong

No, your right about that Conspiracist, everything is political, even war but when you are in that war all you want is for it to end and the fastest way for it to end is to win the damm war. Anyone who wants to be victorious in Afghanistan should read the new OBAMA rules of engagement my Marines are fighting under right now, it's Vietnam all over again. The war is being run by the Oval Office.

You know that and yet you complain about what I said. Beside, you haven't say anything different then I did.

If I misread your post please except my apology.

Right, where is he rdean? Did I say he was captured? If so I misspoke... Or are you trying to say that we never made a surge in Afghan (edit) until now? I don't understand what you're trying to get at.

Any intel we had, including intel achieved by those captured, said that Bin Laden was "cornered" in Tora Bora, when the US pulled up stakes and went to Iraq.

how do you corner someone in this terrain: tora bora - Google Maps

how do you corner someone in this terrain: tora bora - Google Maps

When someone is hiding in a cave and bombs are going off everywhere, you can't really "travel".

Tora Bora Revisited: How We Failed To Get Bin Laden And Why It Matters Today - A Report To Members Of The Committee On Foreign Relations United States Senate

Not going after Osama bin Laden at Tora Bora has cost the US tens of billions of dollars and hundreds of US lives and will cost hundreds of billions more before the US sees an end to our involvement. Based on declassified reports and the Senate Foreign Intelligence Committee findings, there seems little doubt it was a colossal "mistake."

OpEdNews - Article: Tora Bora: Deceptions, falsehoods and politics

http://foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Tora_Bora_Report.pdf

TORA BORA.... Towards the end of the 2004 presidential campaign, John Kerry tried to raise public awareness of an issue Americans hadn't heard much about. In December 2001, the U.S. had pinned down Osama bin Laden in the mountains of Tora Bora, but the Bush administration decided not to send additional troops.

George W. Bush, just two weeks before Election Day, was incensed by the criticism, and tried to characterize this as attacks on the military. "Now my opponent is throwing out the wild claim that he knows where bin Laden was in the fall of 2001 -- and that our military had a chance to get him in Tora Bora," the then-president said. "This is an unjustified and harsh criticism of our military commanders in the field."

It was an odd thing to say. Far from being a "wild claim," the Bush administration itself came to the same conclusion Kerry did -- two years beforehand.

The Washington Monthly

Battle of Tora Bora - War in Afghanistan Battle of Tora Bora

bin Laden and and his top lieutenant, Ayman al-Zawahiri, were pinned down in caves high up in the White Mountains in eastern Afghanistan.

Donald Rumsfeld Let bin Laden Escape into Pakistan

The Battle for Tora Bora | NewAmerica.net

The Battle for Tora Bora
How Osama bin Laden slipped from our grasp: The definitive account.

Then things went downhill. Control of the operation was handed over to the military, hamstrung troops were forbidden from close engagement, and top brass refused to supply sufficient bodies to stymie escape to Pakistan. Berg surmises this was out of fear of casualties, a focus on a “light footprint,” early preparations for the Iraq invasion, or all three. Whatever the reason, we’d do well to remember the lessons of Tora Bora now. "In the hunt for members of the Taliban and al-Qaeda, there is simply no substitute for boots on the ground."

Tora Bora Among 'Greatest Military Blunders' - US had him pinned but held back on troops

---------------------------

Did this help?

NO, that's not what happened you stupid fuck.

Why do shitheads, such as yourself, talk so dirty all the time? If you disagree, the "intelligent" thing to do is "prove" it. Only a moron with his head stuck so far up his butt his shoulders turn sideways says "NO, that's not what happened you stupid fuck" and then stops there. I tried talking in your language fuck-wad to possibly teach you some sorely needed etiquette. I hope this helped.

Great news. We've been hearing alot of good news comming out of Afghanistan lately. Bout damn time. I know the morale out there must be getting better, or atleast I hope. God bless the troops.

MARJAH, Afghanistan (AP) -- After a fierce gunfight, U.S. Marines seized a strongly defended compound Friday that appears to have been a Taliban headquarters -- complete with photos of fighters posing with their weapons, dozens of Taliban-issued ID cards and graduation diplomas from a training camp in Pakistan.

More great news to say the least.

Thoughts USMB?

Found amongst the photos:

stanley_d_arafat.jpg

Forum List

Back