Us Magazine - 80% Say Palin Would Make Good VP

Again your mistakes are adding up. I would leave you alone if you did not keep making them.

First, I am not an environmentalist which is why I use all the tools which were designed for me to use in the way they are supposed to be used. EXCEPT, I drive a hybrid car and I do my part to stay under the emissions cap. Not much else. So how can you compare my standard of living, to anything at all. I am not preaching to save all the animals and save all the trees, I am preaching to leave them alone. Two vastly different points of view. Its you who is doing nothing at all to help stay under the cap. Not even the most insignificantly easy changes to your daily routine, why? Simple, because you believe that there are no repercussions to your actions. Much like a lot of people in this country. Which is the exact opposite of what scientists will tell you about the human impact on the environment.

Second mistake you made. A huge mistake. You said that I want to save "lessor life forms" than my own. Please explain to me what a lessor life form is? In-fact you will be laughed out of the building if you go up to any intelligent being and try to explain what a lessor life form is. What are the standards to be a higher form of life? If its longevity, well we homo sapiens have only been around about 100,000 years. Even roaches have been around longer than that. So we fail at that. Lets see, is it reproductive success? Well thats nice but 6 billion hardly matches up to the trillions and trillions of microscopic organisms that have lived since the dawn of the earth. So we fail at that. The only reason we are here is because of the micro-organisms on our body that feed off of us. We would not even be able to digest food, or dispose of waste let alone survive without them.

On top of that.

Black people have been called lessor forms of life only 80-100 years ago, women were lessor forms of life 200-500 years ago, The non english were lessor forms of life only 150 years ago. Jews have been called lessor forms of life only 65 years ago. Non-catholics were considered lessor forms of life from 1292-1550ad.

So don't spew your crap about lessor forms of life when you yourself were considered a lessor form of life less than a few hundred years ago. Its that backwards thinking that gets us nowhere. If it was up to you, we would destroy every ecosystem that we need to survive because they house "lessor forms of life".

I am not trying to offend you but some things that come out of your keyboard are really self indulgent.

Well it's all a matter of perspective is it not? From the PC point of view I suppose the term might have several meanings that are on the surface demeaning to some. Still other's from the historical perspective it does have a demeaning definition. However, in this case I will try to explain it to you once again so you will understand. Although, I don't hold out hope that you will be able to grasp such a concept as mankind being the superior being on this planet. You see that's the whole basis by which someone who supports a supposed "global view " over their own neighbor's welfare. That mankind is just this little scourge that lives on the earth and is no better than the roaches that should be admired for there longevity and ability to survive millions of years. By that logic though you could compare the nearest rock then to a human being as it has most probably been here longer than mankind has. I find it funny however, that roachkind has never sought to expand beyond the bounds of this planet, mankind has and does in case you have not been paying attention to that. So what is a lessor for of life to me? getting beyond your definition the hidden meanings, it's is any species that does not posess the ability to see beyond the planet they live upon and well at last glance that leaves only one species on this planet "mankind" . Your "save the planet" rantings and feeling sorry for the fact your a human being will not change the fact you are a human being and need to wake up to the fact that , we can be good stewards of this planet and use the resources we have to our benefit without shame in doing so.

Obama was amazing as a state legislature. He came on the national scene and seemed to GET IT almost immediately. Heck, he was against invading Iraq from the very beginning. Then he gave his speech at the 2004 Democratic convention and he amazed everyone. Then he got experience as a Junion senator passing reform bills and seeing how broken Washington was while the GOP ran all three branches. So he has been around long enough.

Sarah Palin just showed up. Every day the facts show she is just as dirty and bad as McCain, and we all know McCain is just as bad as the GOP, but here they are running against Republicans and Democratics.

Brilliant!!!:clap2: Karl Rove, you have outdone yourself. I am amazed.

Fuck the American middle class if Obama doesn't win. Fuck me caring about politics anymore. If the American poor want the GOP running things, let em have them. I'll be ok either way.

I'll suffer because wages will go down, gas will go up, cost of evething else will go up, debt will go up, inflation will rise, death tolls in Iraq will go up,

And we won't be any safer.

Abortion will become illegal. Think of all those girls who will be forced to have all those kids. I guess the GOP likes that though, because then they'll recruit them in the militiary.

Poverty will go up, bank closings will increase, Fanny Mae & Freddy Mac, just like now, the profits will be privatized and the losses YOU will pay for.

I'm fed up. I'm going to let the Corporate Media win.

Fine, talk for a fucking month about Michelle Obama being proud of America but don't mention Palin's ties to the Alaska Independence Party.

So what does Obama have to say for almost a billion dollars of earmarks? Imagine if he becomes President, that one billion may become a trillion. As for his universal health care policy, he should fix Social Security before putting more of a burden on American people. And what is he going to do with taxing the rich? Will that result in an increase in unemployment. He says he manages a $400 million campaign and compare it with Gov. Palin who manages a billion dollar operating budget. Two different boats yet Obama claims running a campaign is like running a state and it qualifies him. We already seen Bush winning two campaigns and look how he turned out. We have two candidates who are not going to fix this country. We need a real fiscal conservative that will reduce government spending, leave taxes as is, and fix Medicare (reduce the # of frauds) and Social Security (make solvent). Put a ceiling of government. Why implement a health care system when Social Security is going to bankrupt our nation (or bankrupt retirement from millions of Americans). Fiscal conservative and social moderate.

Want change? Don't vote for a Republican or Democrat. Simple as that. Otherwise, you ain't changing a damn thing this November.

Well it's all a matter of perspective is it not? From the PC point of view I suppose the term might have several meanings that are on the surface demeaning to some. Still other's from the historical perspective it does have a demeaning definition. However, in this case I will try to explain it to you once again so you will understand. Although, I don't hold out hope that you will be able to grasp such a concept as mankind being the superior being on this planet. You see that's the whole basis by which someone who supports a supposed "global view " over their own neighbor's welfare. That mankind is just this little scourge that lives on the earth and is no better than the roaches that should be admired for there longevity and ability to survive millions of years. By that logic though you could compare the nearest rock then to a human being as it has most probably been here longer than mankind has. I find it funny however, that roachkind has never sought to expand beyond the bounds of this planet, mankind has and does in case you have not been paying attention to that. So what is a lessor for of life to me? getting beyond your definition the hidden meanings, it's is any species that does not posess the ability to see beyond the planet they live upon and well at last glance that leaves only one species on this planet "mankind" . Your "save the planet" rantings and feeling sorry for the fact your a human being will not change the fact you are a human being and need to wake up to the fact that , we can be good stewards of this planet and use the resources we have to our benefit without shame in doing so.

Well I would not use a rock as an example, seeing as they dont reproduce and all.

Thats great that you think we are the highest form of life, its cute. You are right about one thing, we are the most intelligent and have evolved the greatest brain to size ration, not the biggest brain ofcourse. Then again the size of your brain does not make you a succesfull species, reproduction and reign makes you a succesfull species. We could wipe ourselves out within the next 100 years, would you then say we are the greatest? Probably not, so instead of following a path of destruction would it not be better to use our gifted brains to save ourselves AND the earth and all her ecosystems? At the same time profiting from other sources of energy by slowly bringing them to the mainstream. Its not brain surgury. We dont NEED all the oil in the world because we are smart enough to move foward but we just will not because its so profitable to certain people with power. We have the resources and the intelligence to get off oil within the next 10 years but we choose not to. That is my argument. Ofcourse the main problem is vasts amounts of people in power who exploit the working class, the class which obviously is not interested in science. If we can change peoples minds and convince them to look at the data for themselves then there would be no argument because the data is as clear as day.

You, should look at scientific data and peer reviewed research on energy, climate change, ecosystems, anthropromorphic climate change and everything we have talked about. If you and everyone else was really interested in that type of stuff then there would be absolutely no arguments as to what we should do. I can assure you.

Heck, he was against invading Iraq from the very beginning.

One of the many reasons I don't want him in office. He's a pacifist fuck who'd let our country be attacked by a known enemy.

Abortion will become illegal. Think of all those girls who will be forced to have all those kids. I guess the GOP likes that though, because then they'll recruit them in the militiary.

What part of Roe v. Wade don't you understand? If overturned, it will simply make abortions a state matter, where they belong.

Fine, talk for a fucking month about Michelle Obama being proud of America but don't mention Palin's ties to the Alaska Independence Party.

She has none. She spoke at one convention, and it was completely casual. She didn't say she agreed with them. She even said she "welcomed competition," obviously showing an OPPOSING VIEW to what they stand for.

Her husband was a member 913791735917957 years ago, back when Obama and was smoking crack and Michelle was burning flags.

Well I would not use a rock as an example, seeing as they dont reproduce and all.

Thats great that you think we are the highest form of life, its cute. You are right about one thing, we are the most intelligent and have evolved the greatest brain to size ration, not the biggest brain ofcourse. Then again the size of your brain does not make you a succesfull species, reproduction and reign makes you a succesfull species. We could wipe ourselves out within the next 100 years, would you then say we are the greatest? Probably not, so instead of following a path of destruction would it not be better to use our gifted brains to save ourselves AND the earth and all her ecosystems? At the same time profiting from other sources of energy by slowly bringing them to the mainstream. Its not brain surgury. We dont NEED all the oil in the world because we are smart enough to move foward but we just will not because its so profitable to certain people with power. We have the resources and the intelligence to get off oil within the next 10 years but we choose not to. That is my argument. Ofcourse the main problem is vasts amounts of people in power who exploit the working class, the class which obviously is not interested in science. If we can change peoples minds and convince them to look at the data for themselves then there would be no argument because the data is as clear as day.

You, should look at scientific data and peer reviewed research on energy, climate change, ecosystems, anthropromorphic climate change and everything we have talked about. If you and everyone else was really interested in that type of stuff then there would be absolutely no arguments as to what we should do. I can assure you.

What in my arguement led you to believe that I didn't believe in climate change? My position is actually quite simple, the technology exists today for the United States to end it's dependance on foreign oil and do so in a clean and safe way. Sadly for the many thousands of environmental groups who for years have collected a paycheck on stopping progess are at the very least somewhat responsible for our NOT being reliant on our own sources of energy, we can and do today do both. We cannot and will not ever end our dependance on foreign oil without using our own fossil fuels to build a bridge to the new technologies that will someday replace them Thats a fact. I for one, do NOT want to see my country, get more and more in debt, more and more dependant on people who's main interest is to cause harm to us while we finance that harm, when I know for a fact there is abundant resources here in this country to stop it now and we can do so in a "clean and environmentally safe way" Yes, I think my position chooses the rights of my fellow Americans and human beings over those of other species, but those are decisions that we like or not as stewards of this planet need to make.

Forum List

Back