Us Magazine - 80% Say Palin Would Make Good VP

i really am amazed how fast people can go from "who?" to "she is amazing!"

I felt the same way about Obama.

that's not how it was and you know it. He was introduced onto the national scene in 2004. He's been under a mircoscope for 19 months by the media and the cons looking for anything to discredit him.

PLEASE stop pretending these two people are remotely similar in that regard. Sarah Palin was introduced to us two weeks ago and in less than two months she could be the VP of this country, second in command and in line to the PResidency should McCain keel over.

How that doesn't scare the shit out of EVERYONE is beyond me.

I will say this though, I don't put much stock in a magazine who runs polls of "who wore it better" when it comes to deciding who would or wouldn't make a good VP.

and I'd say they both were launched into superman(person) status on the merits of a speech... are you denying that Sarah Palin's speech isn't what people are judging her abilities on right now cuz it sure as hell isn't based on anything sher revealed on her beliefs and how she'll handle being VP.

Last edited:
that's not how it was and you know it. He was introduced onto the national scene in 2004. He's been under a mircoscope for 19 months by the media and the cons looking for anything to discredit him.

Don't you remember, right after his election to the Senate, people were asking if he was going to run for President?

Maybe YOU were introduced to Palin two weeks ago, but some have followed her for months. It was a grassroots campaign that put her into the VP slot, with sites like draftpalin.com and other efforts to put her into McCain's campaign.

I felt the same way about Obama.

Obama was amazing as a state legislature. He came on the national scene and seemed to GET IT almost immediately. Heck, he was against invading Iraq from the very beginning. Then he gave his speech at the 2004 Democratic convention and he amazed everyone. Then he got experience as a Junion senator passing reform bills and seeing how broken Washington was while the GOP ran all three branches. So he has been around long enough.

Sarah Palin just showed up. Every day the facts show she is just as dirty and bad as McCain, and we all know McCain is just as bad as the GOP, but here they are running against Republicans and Democratics.

Brilliant!!!:clap2: Karl Rove, you have outdone yourself. I am amazed.

Fuck the American middle class if Obama doesn't win. Fuck me caring about politics anymore. If the American poor want the GOP running things, let em have them. I'll be ok either way.

I'll suffer because wages will go down, gas will go up, cost of evething else will go up, debt will go up, inflation will rise, death tolls in Iraq will go up,

And we won't be any safer.

Abortion will become illegal. Think of all those girls who will be forced to have all those kids. I guess the GOP likes that though, because then they'll recruit them in the militiary.

Poverty will go up, bank closings will increase, Fanny Mae & Freddy Mac, just like now, the profits will be privatized and the losses YOU will pay for.

I'm fed up. I'm going to let the Corporate Media win.

Fine, talk for a fucking month about Michelle Obama being proud of America but don't mention Palin's ties to the Alaska Independence Party.

Don't you remember, right after his election to the Senate, people were asking if he was going to run for President?

and yes I realize that people started asking him to run for president right after he joined the Senate but that doesn't negate the FACT that he's been fully scrutinized by the media for 19 months and the cons have been attempting to discredit him for just as long.

Maybe YOU were introduced to Palin two weeks ago, but some have followed her for months. It was a grassroots campaign that put her into the VP slot, with sites like draftpalin.com and other efforts to put her into McCain's campaign.

me and 95% of the country js.... grassroots? you f'ing kidding me? GMAB if you knew anything about her prior to her being announced as VP running mate you should've been scared shitless that he'd pick her given what has come out in the last two weeks.

I don't, as a habit, surf right wing websites so that might be how I missed all the buzz....apparently so did the media cuz they were like WHO? too... and do you think they wouldn't have been investigating her well before the announcement if they had even an tiny clue?

I know--Obama gives a speech at a convention and he's superman !

No, he gave a great speech and people were rightly impressed with his speaking skills, a skill which is often in the reptoire of a good leader. Then he followed it up with more speeches and a very well run campaign that knocked a Clinton out of the running.

That is acheivement. You guys are so pissed that Mumbles McCain is crappy on the podium that you first make speaking a fault, but now that Palin is here, suddenly speaking is important again.

What a crock.

and yes I realize that people started asking him to run for president right after he joined the Senate but that doesn't negate the FACT that he's been fully scrutinized by the media for 19 months and the cons have been attempting to discredit him for just as long.

me and 95% of the country js.... grassroots? you f'ing kidding me? GMAB if you knew anything about her prior to her being announced as VP running mate you should've been scared shitless that he'd pick her given what has come out in the last two weeks.

I don't, as a habit, surf right wing websites so that might be how I missed all the buzz....apparently so did the media cuz they were like WHO? too... and do you think they wouldn't have been investigating her well before the announcement if they had even an tiny clue?

Thanks for reminding me that Palin hasn't even been through the media ringer yet. For instance, people might know this is the first time Michelle Obama has ever been really proud of the USA or that Rev. Wright condemns the USA for past racist, but do people know this:

The founder of the Alaska Independence Party -- a group that has been courted over the years by Sarah Palin, and one her husband was a member of for roughly seven years -- once professed his "hatred for the American government" and cursed the American flag as a "damn flag."

The AIP founder, Joe Vogler, made the comments in 1991, in an interview that's now housed at the Oral History Program in the Rasmuson Library at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks.

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government," Vogler said in the interview, in which he talked extensively about his desire for Alaskan secession, the key goal of the AIP.

Alaska Independence Party Founder Broadcast Hatred Of America

He's the party's rock star. The lanky candidate speaks with grace, often without notes; strangers greet him enthusiastically on the street. CNN Aug 2004 after the Keynote address.

"People know [President] Bush isn't the cause of every problem in the world, and they know the Democrats aren't a bunch of raving lunatics," he said. Remarks to CNN by Obama before the Aug. 2004 Keynote.

Democrats are all over this qualification thing, well so be it. Since that Aug night in 2004 and when Obama hired David Axelrod to run his Senate campign and now the presidential one, it has been a stellar rise to the top for someone who's biggest job as been the Chairman of the Foreign Relations Comittee on European Affairs for a few months. The reason the democrats want to tear down Sarah Palins qualifications so much is his complete lack of them. Since 2004 he has been the darling of the democratic party and has had one job, thats running for president. All you democrats want to compare that to a sitting gov. who is more popular in her state than 97% of the democrats holding office in the nation and was actually running a state? Well I suppose if that suits you then please continue to do it.

For instance, people might know this is the first time Michelle Obama has ever been really proud of the USA or that Rev. Wright condemns the USA for past racist

How many know about the voter fraud and corruption at ACORN, the community organizing group Obama's worked with very closely?

Obama was amazing as a state legislature. He came on the national scene and seemed to GET IT almost immediately. Heck, he was against invading Iraq from the very beginning. Then he gave his speech at the 2004 Democratic convention and he amazed everyone. Then he got experience as a Junion senator passing reform bills and seeing how broken Washington was while the GOP ran all three branches. So he has been around long enough.

Sarah Palin just showed up. Every day the facts show she is just as dirty and bad as McCain, and we all know McCain is just as bad as the GOP, but here they are running against Republicans and Democratics.

Fuck the American middle class if Obama doesn't win. Fuck me caring about politics anymore. If the American poor want the GOP running things, let em have them. I'll be ok either way.

I'll suffer because wages will go down, gas will go up, cost of evething else will go up, debt will go up, inflation will rise, death tolls in Iraq will go up,

Abortion will become illegal. Think of all those girls who will be forced to have all those kids. I guess the GOP likes that though, because then they'll recruit them in the militiary.

Poverty will go up, bank closings will increase, Fanny Mae & Freddy Mac, just like now, the profits will be privatized and the losses YOU will pay for.

Fine, talk for a fucking month about Michelle Obama being proud of America but don't mention Palin's ties to the Alaska Independence Party.

Yes and what a stellar record it was too, lets review shall we,

Voted *Present over 130 times*

Voted against making gang members eligible for the death penalty if they kill someone to help their gang. (2001)

Unsuccessfully sponsored measure to expunge some criminal records and create an employment grant program for ex-criminals. (2002)

Voted against making permanent the repeal of the state’s 5 percent sales tax on gasoline. (2000)

Voted against giving tax credits to parents who send their children to private school. (1999)

He voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. (2000)

He also opposed letting people use a self-defense argument if charged with violating local handgun bans by using weapons in their homes. The bill was a reaction to a Chicago-area man who, after shooting an intruder, was charged with a handgun violation. (2000)

If this is any indication of his record which is in fact terrible and laced with 96% track record of voting a straight democratic vote in the US Senate, it flys in the face of the reach across the isle and hope and change message.

Oh yes and on that gas thing, you think by passing a windfall tax in the oil companies your gas will go down? You think if the oil compaines recieved a huge tax burden from an Obama administration they would just suck it up all in the name of " hope and change"? I sure hope not, because that tax is going straight to the pump if that happens.

No he did not "get it" almost immediately

Almost immediately he started running for President

Obama has been an enigma... the epitome of charisma and how some people just flock to it... his rise has been amazing... his actual accomplishment has not

:clap2::clap2:

his speaking skills, a skill which is often in the reptoire of a good leader.

Agree, we had good econ performance under FDR, Reagan, and Clinton. Different policies, but all great communicators. Also, weak econ performance under weak communicators like Carter and the Bushes.

But I don't think Obama's such a great speaker. All the "uhs" and "ums" remind of me of Bush.

Yes and what a stellar record it was too, lets review shall we,

Voted *Present over 130 times*

Voted against making gang members eligible for the death penalty if they kill someone to help their gang. (2001)

Unsuccessfully sponsored measure to expunge some criminal records and create an employment grant program for ex-criminals. (2002)

Voted against making permanent the repeal of the state’s 5 percent sales tax on gasoline. (2000)

Voted against giving tax credits to parents who send their children to private school. (1999)

He voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. (2000)

He also opposed letting people use a self-defense argument if charged with violating local handgun bans by using weapons in their homes. The bill was a reaction to a Chicago-area man who, after shooting an intruder, was charged with a handgun violation. (2000)

If this is any indication of his record which is in fact terrible and laced with 96% track record of voting a straight democratic vote in the US Senate, it flys in the face of the reach across the isle and hope and change message.

Oh yes and on that gas thing, you think by passing a windfall tax in the oil companies your gas will go down? You think if the oil compaines recieved a huge tax burden from an Obama administration they would just suck it up all in the name of " hope and change"? I sure hope not, because that tax is going straight to the pump if that happens.

About your last point, I think the idea is that he (and everyone else) wants to push hard to break our addiction to oil. People like you, the apologists....have used the same arguments the past 8 years, protecting oil companies...protecting our addiction, breaking environmental protection acts to drill in exclusive areas. What has it brought us? The point of taxing big oil is not to raise prices at the pump, its to inject some life into the fight for alternative energy sources. If oil becomes less profitable, perhaps companies will put forth at least half the effort to build new clean refineries and fund explorations and research into new sources. Its a kick in the ass to the status quo which has led us straight to nowhere.

Forum List

Back