US Lacks Plan to Destroy Al Qaeda in Pakistan

The plan was and still is , to limit foreign troops as much as is reasonable. Foreign troops are considered a problem by Afghans. To many might enable more direct combat but would result ( according to the talking heads) in more resentment and anger, actually fueling the resistance.

Sounds like appeasement to me.

I thought we didn't appease when it came to terrorism and our nation's security?

Heh, gotta love the "according to the talking heads" part, though.

That where you get your info from? The all-knowing "talking heads"?

This is not my beautiful house!! This is not my beautiful wife!!!!

A crisis of ignorance that has refused to allow more nuclear power plants to be built, that has refused to allow oil that's in OUR country to be drilled for prefering to pay BILLIONS to Arab countries for it instead. Yep, ignorance has run us right into the ground and now you want us to vote for Obama and another 4 years of ignorance.

Nuclear power died because none of the insurance companies would insure nuclear power plants after the accident at Three Mile Island. Damn those liberals at the insurance companies!

We should be using solar power, wind power, ethanol(not corn), conservation, AND drilling for oil here. The solutions are there. People like T. Boone Pickens are moving us forward. Who said anything about Obama?

Nuclear power died because none of the insurance companies would insure nuclear power plants after the accident at Three Mile Island. Damn those liberals at the insurance companies!

We should be using solar power, wind power, ethanol(not corn), conservation, AND drilling for oil here. The solutions are there. People like T. Boone Pickens are moving us forward. Who said anything about Obama?

We are drilling for oil here. There are oil wells everywhere. The American public is being lied to when it comes to "oil shortages". What's funny, is that he price goes up everytime we have a little hurricane, or there is a bombing in Iraq, or simply a "stock market" change. The price goes up every time there is an "oil shortage", but when we're drilling everywhere in the U.S. and discovering large oil wells....the price continues to go up. Our refineries are working at full capacity....this does not signify an oil shortage. I talked to my cousin today who works at a refinery. It's one refinery here in south Texas, and it produces several hundred thousand barrels of gas a day. Multiply that by 42 gallon barrels and you get a big number per day. He said they supply 70% of Houston with Gas....and that's just one refinery.

Using alternative fuels is great, but the problem is not that we're not drilling for oil here. I've watched 3 wells go up in the past month on my drive to work. And they all are tapped and pipelines are being laid everywhere to tap into major lines.

There is not an oil shortage. Even if the price to refine it is slightly more expensive, it's because of rising oil costs....and not natural market factors IMO.

OPEC head says no shortage in oil market
(I don't really care for OPEC, but they would know if there is a shortage or not).

The Oil Shortage, and Other Fairy Tales - Seeking Alpha

I agree with finding alternative fuels and energy, and becoming independent of foreign energy, but let's not duplicate fabrications....

Forum List

Back