US Judge OKs confession extracted by threatening suspect with rape

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by blu, Aug 12, 2010.

1. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    US Judge OKs confession extracted by threatening suspect with rape | Raw Story

what scum these people are and they represent nothing of america

2. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    It is pretty much the same thing that police do every day all over the United States.

3. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    and it's legal... pretty good motivation to. Ok dude confess to the crime and we'll go to bad with the judge to get you assigned to non rape jail. Make us work for it though an well ...............

4. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    No. Not at all. I have been practicing criminal law for 43 years, the last 19 of those years as a deputy public defender. I have NEVER had a defendant tell me that he was threatened with physical harm of any kind by the police. They pull all kinds of stuff, but they don't do that. In the first place, in a REAL court of law, if the judge found that a defendant was threatened with physical harm, any confession he gave as a consequence of that would be excluded from evidence.

This court in this case is a MILITARY court - not a REAL court.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  5. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    you are a complete douchebag. first off rape shouldn't be happening in jail but people like you cheer it on so nothing happens. second, all this does is bring false confessions that will later be overturned since they were under duress and they had no chance due to asshole cops making up for childhood problems

6. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Yes yes, I said I hope criminals are raped. You fool, actually Syrenn DID say that in another thread and I told her how stupid a statement that was.

But let me clue you in on something. Detectives usually question suspects, and they have no control over how a jail is ran, those are operated by corrections officers, technically police, sometimes, but not the guys arresting criminals. Therefor a detective has NO say in whether rape happens in a prison or not.

Second, if you're so weak minded to believe that a detective could get you into a rape free prison, then cest la vie.

Third, this sorta thing was just upheld, so what are you talking about false confessions that get over turned.

Fourth, RARELY , if ever is a case taken to court on nothing more than a confession

Fifth, you were on here just last week talking about how LEO should get their heads blown off for doing their jobs so you probably do not have much room to call out anyone, well unless you actually believe that everyone but LEO has the protection of the 4th Amendment? Rhetorical, I have no doubt that you do.

7. fyrenza

fyrenza Ariel Looney Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +378
    So an interrogator that tells a suspect that if they DON'T cooperate,

the prison term will be longer, or at an historically violent prison,

is NOT threatening that person with any Physical Harm???

Right. :cuckoo:

8. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    no, a threat of violence would be "tell me or I'll beat you".

LEO routinely do what would classify as you suggest. For instance a popular one that I saw while with the drug task force was

"okay man here's your choices you can either cooperate with us, or we're going to drop you off right in front of ______'s house , hand you a hundred dollars, and thank you for your help . In broad daylight." Believe me , they always cooperated.

9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Police never mention that it might be dangerous for a person in a particular prison, and that if they cooperate they can see that they are placed in a different, safer prison?

10. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Yeah! I got a speeding ticket yesterday but I told the Cop I wasn't going over the limit. He said I should confess or he'd rape me so I did. But you know what? He raped me anyway! :omg: