US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

The people that you'll need to talk to about minimum wage are the poor saps that will lose their low skill entry level jobs to a machine or downsizing! I wonder how thrilled they're going to be with your $15 an hour when they are making $0 dollars an hour because they got laid off?

That is your opinion. Time, me boy, will tell. Your opinion, by the way, is not likely to impress anyone but other con trolls. Since economists generally disagree, I think it much smarter to believe them,

The reason Economics is nicknamed "The Dismal Science" is that most economists can't agree period! Of course you don't have much of a choice but to believe someone, Georgie because you're too damned ignorant to figure it out yourself!.

So, lets try to help you. I know that there is little I can do to provide you with truth, because you hate truth. You, being a con troll, simply want to take the canned con talking points and pretend they are your thoughts.
It is no problem at all to lend one's mind to a subject and come to a conclusion. You as an actual food services worker, with a firmly fixed agenda, say you use your sterling mind to come to conclusions. But, the actual problem you have is getting anyone to believe you. Because:
1. Your "figured out yourself" opinions are always exactly what the con talking points say.
2. Saying that your opinions being identical to the con talking points does not pass the giggle test.
3. You are a food services employee.
4. You are not, and never had any minuscule chance of being, an economist.
5. You have no teams of people of any kind working for you in analyzing your opinions.
6. You have no respect at all for those with great economic knowledge, which you lack entirely.
7. So, you simply post what you, with all your enumerated shortcomings, want to believe.
8. You think based on points 1 through 7 that any rational person would believe you.
9. You think that no one notices that your believe system is based on agenda, group thinking, and believing what you want to believe, rather than rational research or thought.
10. You are wrong, which is why no one pays attention to your drivel.
11. Your "figure it out yourself" beliefs are, in the end, totally irrelevant jokes.
12. Expressing you self discovered con talking points makes you a joke.
Did you have anything rational to say? Or are you simply resting on con drivel and personal attacks?

The people that you'll need to talk to about minimum wage are the poor saps that will lose their low skill entry level jobs to a machine or downsizing! I wonder how thrilled they're going to be with your $15 an hour when they are making $0 dollars an hour because they got laid off?

That is your opinion. Time, me boy, will tell. Your opinion, by the way, is not likely to impress anyone but other con trolls. Since economists generally disagree, I think it much smarter to believe them,

The reason Economics is nicknamed "The Dismal Science" is that most economists can't agree period! Of course you don't have much of a choice but to believe someone, Georgie because you're too damned ignorant to figure it out yourself!

So Oldstyle, posing as an expert in economics, lies and says:

The reason Economics is nicknamed "The Dismal Science" is that most economists can't agree period!

So, me poor lying con troll, lets examine you latest posting of Oldstyle "truth" and see if it is, in fact, a lie like normal from OS. Here is a description of the origination of the term "Dismal Science", which is entirely different from the con talking point version that Oldstyle has chosen to believe;

"Why Economics Is Really Called 'the Dismal Science'
The (not-so-dismal) origin myth of a ubiquitous term.
The story goes like this: Thomas Carlyle, a Scottish writer and philosopher, called economics "the dismal science" in reference to Thomas Malthus, that lugubrious economist who claimed humanity was trapped in a world where population growth would always strain natural resources and bring widespread misery. Dismal, indeed.

But this origin myth is, well, mythical. Carlyle did coin the phrase "the dismal science." And Malthus was, without question, dismal.

But Carlyle labeled the science "dismal" when writing about slavery in the West Indies. White plantation owners, he said, ought to force black plantation workers to be their servants. Economics, somewhat inconveniently for Carlyle, didn't offer a hearty defense of slavery. Instead, the rules of supply and demand argued for "letting men alone" rather than thrashing them with whips for not being servile. Carlyle bashed political economy as "a dreary, desolate, and indeed quite abject and distressing [science]; what we might call ... the dismal science.

Today, when we hear the term "the dismal science," it's typically in reference to economics' most depressing outcomes (e.g.: on globalization killing manufacturing jobs: "well, that's why they call it the dismal science," etc). In other words, we've tended to align ourselves with Carlyle to acknowledge that an inescapable element of economics is human misery.

But the right etymology turns that interpretation on its head. In fact, it aligns economics with morality, and against racism, rather than with misery, and against happiness. Carlyle couldn't find a justification for slavery in political economic thought, and he considered this fact to be "dismal." Students of economics should be proud: Their "science" was then (as it can be, today) a force for a more just and, crucially, less dismal world."
Why Economics Is Really Called 'the Dismal Science'

So, there we go. Proof again that Oldstyle uses con talking points, and lies like a rug. Even in areas so unimportant that it really does not matter, and which normal people simply ignore, a con tool looks for any little opportunity to lie. To rational people, it is so much more rational to exercise class and integrity, but to con trolls it is way more important to lie and support your agenda.

The reason Economics is nicknamed "The Dismal Science" is that most economists can't agree period! Of course you don't have much of a choice but to believe someone, Georgie because you're too damned ignorant to figure it out yourself!.

So, lets try to help you. I know that there is little I can do to provide you with truth, because you hate truth. You, being a con troll, simply want to take the canned con talking points and pretend they are your thoughts.
It is no problem at all to lend one's mind to a subject and come to a conclusion. You as an actual food services worker, with a firmly fixed agenda, say you use your sterling mind to come to conclusions. But, the actual problem you have is getting anyone to believe you. Because:
1. Your "figured out yourself" opinions are always exactly what the con talking points say.
2. Saying that your opinions being identical to the con talking points does not pass the giggle test.
5. You have no teams of people of any kind working for you in analyzing your opinions.
6. You have no respect at all for those with great economic knowledge, which you lack entirely.
7. So, you simply post what you, with all your enumerated shortcomings, want to believe.
8. You think based on points 1 through 7 that any rational person would believe you.
9. You think that no one notices that your believe system is based on agenda, group thinking, and believing what you want to believe, rather than rational research or thought.
11. Your "figure it out yourself" beliefs are, in the end, totally irrelevant jokes.
Did you have anything rational to say? Or are you simply resting on con drivel and personal attacks?

When your only rebuttal to someone's point is to call it a "con talking point" ...then you've made yourself "irrelevant"!

We're discussing what effect a drastic increase in the minimum wage on jobs and you bring up the DBA...which has ZERO to do with the discussion at hand?

I bring up what happened to the economy of American Samoa when they were forced to implement a high minimum wage rate by the US Congress and your response is that you guess you won't visit there?

Then you lecture about having a lack of economic knowledge? Seriously? You're a buffoon when it comes to economics! You can't carry on an intelligent conversation about the subject. If you couldn't cut and paste the liberal economic views of OTHERS you'd be totally lost!

When your only rebuttal to someone's point is to call it a "con talking point" ...then you've made yourself "irrelevant"!
Not so, of course. Particularly since there is no other source you can point to. Except you own mind, that of a food services worker.

We're discussing what effect a drastic increase in the minimum wage on jobs and you bring up the DBA...which has ZERO to do with the discussion at hand?
It was in reference to your statement that "The "going rate" is basically whatever a free market sets a price at. If the going rate for contractors is $23 dollars...that's what the market has set that going rate at!" Yesterday at 7:58PM, this thread. So, what I educated you over was that the Davis Bacon Act sets wage rates for contractors across the US. Not the free market. Just proved you wrong. And pissed you off again. So you lie again. So, did your statement in quotes above have nothing to do with the minimum wage????

I bring up what happened to the economy of American Samoa when they were forced to implement a high minimum wage rate by the US Congress and your response is that you guess you won't visit there?
What is obvious to thinking people is that what happened in Samoa has nothing to do with the US. If you actually study the issue, you learn that the problem there was at it's base that the economy is basically run by a couple fishing corporations. And it is a monopoly economy. Different animal, me boy. That and other factors of that unique economy make it interesting but not descriptive of the US economy. But the story of Jack Abramoff is well known, part and parcel of the Samoa problems, and a favorite of cons everywhere.

Then you lecture about having a lack of economic knowledge? Seriously? You're a buffoon when it comes to economics! You can't carry on an intelligent conversation about the subject. If you couldn't cut and paste the liberal economic views of OTHERS you'd be totally lost!
Translation: I have NO economic argument. So i must regress to my normal personal attacks and lies.
Got it, OS. thanks again for proving you know nothing at all. Must be that "dismal science" lie you told. Or your continued arguments about the ACCA. Maybe we need to study what those member accountants have to say.
Who is the joke, me boy?

Forum List

Back