US issues travel alert followinng spread of deadly virus

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
(Express) – A travel alert has been issued by the US State Department following the spread of the deadly coronavirus. An outbreak of pneumonia has been reported in the Chinese city of Wuhan and is believed to have been caused by the new virus. In light of the outbreak, the US State Department issued a health alert for all considering traveling to the region on Wednesday.

US issues Travel Alert following spread of deadly virus
---------------------------------------------------

Maybe the left can go to the airports and chat DON'T COME IN" then again they might claim it's racisit.........

or maybe they can put signs up saying NO VIRUSES allowed just like those criminals who obey those hefty gun laws I mean omg watch out for those signs they will get you, bad guys!! lol.. No guns allowed fellassszzz

A second person has died from a new SARS-like virus in China

Last edited:

Two people died? Not enough to matter, epidemiologically. In fact, I'm puzzled why they are reporting it at all, this new coronavirus seems so non-lethal, so far. It's not spreading person-to-person, either. (SARS sure did! with "superspreaders" and regular epidemic spread. SARS was a terrifying near-miss and killed some 800 even so.)

I follow epidemics closely and this one isn't doing anything. Yet. It's not contagious, seems to be caught directly from animals at one of those awful ear-wild-animal markets they have in China, which limits how it can spread.

I am guessing China wants to recover their reputation for good disease reporting after the catastrophe of SARS --- they DID hide that one. So this one, which doesn't amount to anything so far, they are reporting all over, loud. So they'll get credit for getting it under control, which shouldn't be hard.

Political, I assume.

• Banned

Two people died? Not enough to matter, epidemiologically. In fact, I'm puzzled why they are reporting it at all, this new coronavirus seems so non-lethal, so far. It's not spreading person-to-person, either. (SARS sure did! with "superspreaders" and regular epidemic spread. SARS was a terrifying near-miss and killed some 800 even so.)

I follow epidemics closely and this one isn't doing anything. Yet. It's not contagious, seems to be caught directly from animals at one of those awful ear-wild-animal markets they have in China, which limits how it can spread.

I am guessing China wants to recover their reputation for good disease reporting after the catastrophe of SARS --- they DID hide that one. So this one, which doesn't amount to anything so far, they are reporting all over, loud. So they'll get credit for getting it under control, which shouldn't be hard.

Political, I assume.
more than that have died dumb ass. Japan just had a few deaths and we can be sure there are more THEY ARE NOT REPORTING ON YET. BRAIN DEAD.

Planes are awful to be on when people are sick. I caught something last time I flew that had me unable to get out of bed for almost three months. It probably would not have been so bad but I had gotten some shit flu I hadn't gotten fully over yet when I caught whatever the hell it was coming home on a flight from Denver.

• Banned

Political, I assume.

LOL

Oh, your daddy hasn't told you to be aware yet huh .omfg

1st OFF THERE HAVE BEEN PPL IN JAPAN WHO DIED; THIS IS 24 HRS LATER STUPID ASS.

2 THIS SHIT IS SPREADING FAST

3. HOW MANY PPL DO YOU THINK HAVE ALREADY
TRAVELED IN JUST 48 HRS WHO HAVE THIS SHIT YOU DUMB ASS

GAWD DAM UR FKRS ARE STUPID AS HELL!!

upload_2020-1-17_15-15-55.png

Coronavirus outbreak: US issues TRAVEL ALERT following spread of deadly virus

upload_2020-1-17_15-18-35.png

upload_2020-1-17_15-20-6.png

Sars or Mers... both are corona viruses. I suppose time will tell. Sars about 10% Mers 39%

So far as they know right now it is limited to food they ate.

China releases genetic data on new coronavirus, now deadly

Article excerpt:

No sign of human-to-human spread

Based on the current reports, there's no obvious evidence of human-to-human spread yet, Osterholm said, noting that red flags, for example, would be infections in patients' family members who weren't at the market and infections in healthcare workers.

The outbreak update posted last night by Wuhan's health commission was its first since Jan 5. The report was quickly translated and posted by FluTrackers, an infectious disease news message board, and the details also appeared in an English language statement from Hong Kong's Centre for Health Protection (CHP).

Wuhan officials said 41 patients have been diagnosed with nCoV pneumonia, and 2 have been discharged from the hospital. Seven had severe infections, and 1 patient died. The rest are listed in stable condition.

The patient who died is apparently a 61-year-old man who had chronic liver disease and was a frequent customer at the market at the center of the investigation, according to a translation of a Chinese media report posted on Twitter by Hayes Luk, PhD, a microbiologist at the University of Hong Kong.

So far 739 close contacts have been identified for monitoring, 419 of them medical staff. No related cases have been detected.

Investigators haven't found any clear evidence of human-to-human spread, and no infections have been found in healthcare workers. Most of the patients were workers at the seafood market at the center of the outbreak, which also sold live animals and meat from wildlife. The most recent illness was reported on Jan 3.

If you are going to call me obscene names I'm not going to reply to you, MindWars. Your choice.

Forum List

Back