US/Iran Deal Might Sink the Iranian Economy

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I know they are getting $150 bil in unfrozen cash, but has anyone notice the rapid decline in oil prices?

Iran's economy is survives on oil revenue. Oil prices might go under $20 a barrel! What does $150 billion do when you lose $500 bil to $1 trillion annually in oil profits.

The Iran deal is garbage and will not prevent them from acquiring the bomb, but the sinking oil prices is a welcome development!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am firmly against the agreement and hope Congress does something to stop it, but I don't see how an economy so reliant on high oil prices can survive with prices so low! Same with Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Nigeria, Venezuela, Iraq etc.

I know they are getting $150 bil in unfrozen cash, but has anyone notice the rapid decline in oil prices?

Iran's economy is survives on oil revenue. Oil prices might go under $20 a barrel! What does $150 billion do when you lose $500 bil to $1 trillion annually in oil profits.

The Iran deal is garbage and will not prevent them from acquiring the bomb, but the sinking oil prices is a welcome development!

Oil prices might go under $20 a barrel! What does $150 billion do when you lose $500 bil to $1 trillion annually in oil profits.

I've seen estimates that they produce a bit over 3 million barrels a day. If it goes down $25 to $20, they lose about $525 million a week, about $27 billion a year.

US, Israel Quietly Holding Talks on Post-Iran Deal Payoff

Throughout the weeks since the P5+1 nuclear deal with Iran, Israel has been loudly campaigning against the deal, with Israeli Lobby groups like AIPAC putting tens of millions of dollars into a failed campaign to kill the pact.

obama-netanyahu1.gif
At the same time, it’s been understood throughout that there would eventually be a multi-billion dollar payoff by the US government in the form of extra military aid to Israel, meant to get them to at least calm down a little about the pact.

Despite Israel continuing to rail about the deal, and despite the deal being safe in Congress without Israeli acquiescence, the US and Israel are said to be engaged in “low-profile” talks on terms of the “compensation” deal for them, with an eye toward getting the deal ready to announce by November’s state visit for Netanyahu.

Israeli officials have suggested these “unofficial” talks have been ongoing for a couple of weeks now, and all indications are that it will still be a multi-billion dollar package of weapons on top of the billions of dollars annually the US already gives Israel.

Which is more just more evidence the Iranian government was enriching uranium to be used in a nuclear power plant and not for making a nuclear bomb. ...... :cool:

You are very disingenuous, but I will ask, how do you make that connection?

Saudi Arabia (and the arab states) did the same to Iraq, the big squeeze with Hussein.

Forum List

Back